Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

1. Default

I hope he's been around humans long enough to add the "r."

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    I would like to know, how does Kal pronounce 'Foyer'

I'm going to rule that all tracking rolls are survival rolls. I realize that you could argue that this is perception to find them and then survival to track them. Given that vast difference in the number of perception rolls relative to the survival rolls (probably 20:1 at least perception:surivival), Wes can roll survival to look for tracks.

3. Default

I agree and it creates more balance between skills.

I rolled a 24 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1283464"
    1283464[/URL]]I'm going to rule that all tracking rolls are survival rolls. I realize that you could argue that this is perception to find them and then survival to track them. Given that vast difference in the number of perception rolls relative to the survival rolls (probably 20:1 at least perception:surivival), Wes can roll survival to look for tracks.

One of these days i'm going to have a lot of fun when you guys type the wrong name :P
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    I would like to know, how does Kal pronounce 'Foyer'
    For amusement - I believe its "Correctly" pronounced as Foy-ae (with a 'bad' french accent)

In NZ we are too lazy to be bothered half the time (or most people are these days) so we pronounce it Foy-er, but to be honest most of the time its just "Reception/Waiting Room/Atrium"... really depends on what you were brought up to associate it as - or what an individual business decides they want to call it in order to convey a sense of grandeur.

The difference between telling someone to wait in the - Reception or the Foyer. (pronounced either way) gives different perceptions. You expect A Reception to just be a tidy, generic waiting area. A Foyer to be a bit more stylish/lavish.... perhaps something better suited to a corporate building.

Just to be clear on leaving doors open. The doors in Towers are obviously magical in nature. When functioning properly, they let the people in the tower travel where they want faster than what would normally be possible. They also allow privacy in your own room without a chance of being killed in your sleep by an opposing wizard/sorcerer. Lastly, the Towers aren't overly large. The magical doors/Towers somehow allow a larger building to be there than is physically possible. This single room itself wouldn't fit well into a circular Tower, and the sum of all the rooms that you've been into in Xanathar is clearly larger than what the Tower shows on the outside. The whole thing has some powerful magic working on it.

One of the rules of doors that haven't come up before is that you can't keep more than one magical door open at a time. You have to close one door for the next to open. It can (in theory) even be the same door that is closed and reopened.

So in theory there is no need to mark the doors in any way since simply thinking about where you want to go should allow any door to take you there. The odd notes left behind and markings on the door suggest otherwise though.

I don't want to drag this out indefinitely, but since the strategy has been suggested of keeping all doors open, please also give me a contingency if that does fail since based on your limited knowledge, it should fail.

Since H is not aware of such things, his fears make a solid point since no hunter advances if he cannot find the way home afterwards. I guess we just have to find out the hard way when doors wont open..... but one wonders how Veril etc moved around if they wedged this door open....

btw the Whovian in me is approving of the Time Lord Science of these buildings :P (my plainsman isnt :P)

8. Default

If only one door can be used at a time why is Vergil’s ajar? Are personal rooms exempt?

Default Chapter 12: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    If only one door can be used at a time why is Vergilís ajar? Are personal rooms exempt?
    Likely, yes since another door likely had to be opened for someone to exit.

Or something else is occurring that you donít understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; Yesterday at 11:53 PM.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233