Page 151 of 189 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1886

Thread: Chapter 12: OOC

Well assuming the DM actually allows me to use Sana to keep the rage going.... she did in fact hit with her second shot. for 3 points after the rage reduction.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Default Chapter 12: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    It should. Critical hits double all damage dice.
    Yes. It does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Well assuming the DM actually allows me to use Sana to keep the rage going.... she did in fact hit with her second shot. for 3 points after the rage reduction.
    It doesnít make much sense in real terms, but I will allow it. Maybe I will come up with an alternate idea I like better but for keeping rage going. Maybe a 1 round grace period or something.

4. Default

He could attack the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    It doesn’t make much sense in real terms, but I will allow it. Maybe I will come up with an alternate idea I like better but for keeping rage going. Maybe a 1 round grace period or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    He could attack the floor.
    He could but it doesnít make much sense that way either. The rules almost beg someone to seek out loopholes to keep rage going. Maybe an action spent on maintaining rage? Which is similar to attacking the floor without the sheer stupidity of... attacking the floor?

6. Default

Attacking the floor is still less silly than having an ally shoot you with an arrow. These rage rules definitely need tweaking for sure but I never considered them as I have no barbarians in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    He could but it doesn’t make much sense that way either. The rules almost beg someone to seek out loopholes to keep rage going. Maybe an action spent on maintaining rage? Which is similar to attacking the floor without the sheer stupidity of... attacking the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Attacking the floor is still less silly than having an ally shoot you with an arrow. These rage rules definitely need tweaking for sure but I never considered them as I have no barbarians in my game.
    Rage RAW is that you have to attack a hostile creature to keep rage going. So, unless the floor is 'out to get you', it wouldn't qualify. Plus it looks silly. Maybe not as silly as being asked to get shot with an arrow, but I think we can agree that neither option makes a lot of sense even in a fantasy setting full of all kinds of weird shit.

It really hasn't come up before now. I dislike the rage rules from playing one in another game. I've contemplated in the past asking someone to kick Axar in the junk to keep it going (which sounds more 'realistic' than getting hit with an arrow). And it certainly would enrage him...

The thing about rage is that it only lasts 1 minute total. So, 10 rounds max. Having an alternate 'keeping it going' option is at best going to keep you from burning multiple rages in a fight. So it can't be really abused.

Janine, what are your thoughts on this instead:
    if you don't meet the criteria set forth by the PHB you can make the barbarian version of a concentration check. DC10 straight STR check, with your STR bonus added into it. So +4 in this case. If you pass, the rage continues. If you fail, it fades. Bless would apply since it's an ability check. If it fails though, you can't have someone do something 'silly' like get plucked with an arrow to keep it going.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by zebsen; 03-15-2020 at 01:10 PM.

8. Default

I guess here’s my thoughts paired way down. Rage ends if you have attacked a hostile creature or taken damage. In the absence of a hostile creature to attack, Hrothgar could just bite his check or tongue and take 1 HP damage to keep it going.

9. Default

Yes, he self harms himself for 1hp to continue the rage, which seems in character because in his rage he wants to hurt someone, like punching the floor or a refrigerator(if such things existed) so he doesn't harm someone else. Why change the rules and make them more complicated, they seem fine as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I guess here’s my thoughts paired way down. Rage ends if you have attacked a hostile creature or taken damage. In the absence of a hostile creature to attack, Hrothgar could just bite his check or tongue and take 1 HP damage to keep it going.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Yes, he self harms himself for 1hp to continue the rage, which seems in character because in his rage he wants to hurt someone, like punching the floor or a refrigerator(if such things existed) so he doesn't harm someone else. Why change the rules and make them more complicated, they seem fine as they are.
    And if 1 damage doesn’t seem fair, make it 1d4 like damage from an improvised weapon.