Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 12 turns

Default Chapter 12 turns

Other than potentially meeting with Zebsen, please put what you want to do. You have at least 1 full work week.

You can edit this (unless you roll) until I process it.

Realize that certain things like pit fighting aren't an option in Alliance.

2. Default

Although earning money is always nice, Brandon will forgo that in lieu of working at the Tower training the apprentices during the day. He plans on spending the evenings with Silvart unless the Pride of the Past leaves before we try to bring back Reorx.

3. Default

1. During the day Vort will help Hagar construct the Altar to Reorx. He will allow Hagar to wield the hammer in it's construction, or take turns forging with it, whatever Hagar wants. Even if it doesn't help, it makes a certain symmetry.

2. At night, spend a lot of time talking and courting Cavana--who knows what the future has in store, so gather ye rosebuds as ye may.

Other things:

Go with the group to see Zebsen--not sure when that happens, but Vort will go, but prior to that Vort will do a Sending to verify it was him that sent the note.

Choose Altar/Chapel site. Map to be posted separately.

a. Sendings to Fjallar--keeping his spirits up.
    b. Sendings to Bestio to see if he can come to Alliance to make a trade.
    c. Any other Sendings that other Sentinels may wish to make.
    d. Check in on progress of Jarkels research, making sure he has all the books the Sentinels have at his disposal.
    Last edited by Luopo; 10-16-2019 at 09:53 PM.

4. Default

Placement of Chapel of Reorx and Altar
    ChapelofReorx.png

Editing to come if required but for now...

Hrothgar will attend the meeting with Zebsen

He will take part in Guard duty of the Altar.

He will spend is nights with Mava until the 'Pride' leaves for Etollie (but I presume that they were staying for the wedding - so that should not be an issue)

Otherwise work out with the local guards/Mava/Pride peeps to keep those battle skills sharp.

Sendings to Sestun -

1) "I've learned that Nyssa is still alive. I can't explain how I know. But it gives hope for finding the others".

(I might think of more later.... im trying to get as much use out of Sestun until the Tower catches up with him.... unless you guys think I ought to warn him about Xanthar and Restul? I mean He was a Red Robe at testing ... it just blackened by his need for revenge .... he isnt a worshipper of Nuitari at heart)
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

6. Default

1. During the day Kalthanar will try to research anything he can on Cegilune at the library.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (1d20+5) (7) [12]

2. During the week Kalthanar invites the dark elves, Ellana, and Alyssa to a nice dinner at the Good Knight Tavern (at his expense). Let me know the gp cost.

a. He would like to know more about the deeper Underdark.
    b. He wants to know who the light skinned elves wearing an "E" were and what happened to them after the battle.
    c. He wants to know if any of them are employed by the Owl.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 10-17-2019 at 12:02 PM.

1. Investigate purchasing a small house for his mother. He'll spend up to 1200 gold.
    2. Repay the mayor for Phaolan's funeral and burial.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    1. Investigate purchasing a small house for his mother. He'll spend up to 1200 gold.
    2. Repay the mayor for Phaolan's funeral and burial.
    25 gold for funeral/burial.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollinvestigation for best house value - (d20) (11) [11] DC10/15/20 for discount

Total cost for the house is 800 gp (1000 GP value at discount).
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-21-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    1. During the day Kalthanar will try to research anything he can on Cegilune at the library.

[roll0]

2. During the week Kalthanar invites the dark elves, Ellana, and Alyssa to a nice dinner at the Good Knight Tavern (at his expense). Let me know the gp cost.

a. He would like to know more about the deeper Underdark.
    b. He wants to know who the light skinned elves wearing an "E" were and what happened to them after the battle.
    c. He wants to know if any of them are employed by the Owl.
    1 He finds nothing about Cegilune in the library. The acolytes and Jarkel that write about recent events find no mention of her. Whatever activity she is doing has apparently went unnoticed up until the Sentinel's Rest/Fort attack.

a there are 3 major cities underneath the known area. Their locations relative to the surface are not exactly known since underground and above ground geography are not well linked. The closest to the surface is clearly Cielestre, which is predominantly House Cristas. Geographically, it is likely to the eastern half of the above ground map, and Portenfer is an outer hub of it. The second deeper city is Tranchella, populated mainly by House Trathal. It is probably more to the south of the map and is generally at least a week from Cielestre. The deepest city is Valencia, populated mainly by House Vultra. It is more to the northwest of the overland map. How deep and it's location are not known, but it is likely consistent with where Hagar and Alyssa would have fought final battle to end the third Great War. A large section of it was believed to be destroyed at the end of the Third Great War, but the city was apparently rebuilt. Trade and suppliers are routinely sent from city to city, but common workers (which is what was most abundant in Portenfer) rarely ventured too deep. Only Ult would have knowledge of the deep underground as a former caravan guard. Generally speaking, the deeper you go underground the more deadly the tunnels become. As a result there is some perceived prestige associated with being one of the deeper Houses (ie Vultra consider themselves better than Trathal which consider themselves better than Cristas. In general though, they all function well-enough for largely non-good aligned cities.

b Some elves aren't cut out for life in Etoile. Those surface elves that opt to go below the surface do so for a variety of reasons. The most popular reason is for elves of one of the Great Houses that may have somehow disgraced their families are encouraged to disappear. Portenfer has generally provided a semi-safe escape for elves to make an honest living among their dark cousins. Their status isn't great initially, but they avoid House disgrace and over time can become part of a greater house. Their skin generally darkens naturally after a century of so of no sunlight exposure and constant exposure to the strange light emitted from the trees. It never usually gets fully as dark as others, but it does help with the acceptance process. Recently, things have obviously taken a turn for the worse though with the destruction of the Sirrion temple and more slave-like mentality of former surface dwellers. As for what happened to them after the battle, it isn't known. They went up the tunnel before you, and the tunnel collapsed. There has been no known contact with Portenfer since they departed.

c Owl reached out to several of them about employment, and several are considering it. The process for Owl to take one fully into his ranks is harder than it once was given that some of his former guild members turned against him. None admit to doing anything significant for him at this point.
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-21-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Editing to come if required but for now...

Hrothgar will attend the meeting with Zebsen

He will take part in Guard duty of the Altar.

He will spend is nights with Mava until the 'Pride' leaves for Etollie (but I presume that they were staying for the wedding - so that should not be an issue)

Otherwise work out with the local guards/Mava/Pride peeps to keep those battle skills sharp.

Sendings to Sestun -

1) "I've learned that Nyssa is still alive. I can't explain how I know. But it gives hope for finding the others".

(I might think of more later.... im trying to get as much use out of Sestun until the Tower catches up with him.... unless you guys think I ought to warn him about Xanthar and Restul? I mean He was a Red Robe at testing ... it just blackened by his need for revenge .... he isnt a worshipper of Nuitari at heart)
    Everything is done on your turn. The one answer from Sestun is:

1 The reply comes from Sestun, "If one Lion lives, then others may live. This does give hope. Trying some divination to better understand the situation. Will hopefully know more later."
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-21-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast