Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Chapter 1.1

  1. #21

    Default

    Jason slowly maneuvers closer to Sabriyya, watching the man like a hawk, his plan was to move in just as the assassin attempted to take Sabriyya, if the man revealed himself, offering payment for whoever hired him would be easy, and Jason would have at least a day to inform the others of the price on their heads, it would take at least that much time to organize another hitman.

    at last moment, Jason opted for a less risky alternative, slipping past a guard, he grabs the trade masters wrist and whispers with hushed urgency "you need to leave if you want to live!" tugging her as hard as a 13 year old can manage

    ooc
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollstealth - (d20+9) [14]
    knowledge local for Victor Zsasz.... While jason might not of met of him, he might have heard of him and assuming I am right, (we?) might know enough to point to him out as the likely hitman
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllocal - (d20+6) [17]

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,414

    Default Chapter 1.1

    Jason was easily able to put the clues together and discern that this shady character was none other than Victor Zsasz, the most notorious assassin out there. He wasn’t known for slyness, instead it was for his boldness. Zsasz was not afraid of death, rather he frequently taunted it. A man like Zsasz didn’t need to be sly, and he had the kills to prove it. The young streetwise had never seen the man in person but with a man like Zsasz, stories get around. Amongst those stories, it is said that he leaves a scar for every kill, and he doesn’t just have a few, he’s got enough to cover his body.

    Realizing that this assassin didn’t fear being seen, he quickly dashed in just as a commotion took the attention of the toughs stationed to protect Sabriyya. A foreign individuals did not appreciate the prices offered by the local merchant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    "you need to leave if you want to live!"
    Jason said with hushed urgency.

    “What are you talking about sweetie?” Sabriyya questioned as she crouches to get closer to Jason. She looks up into the crowd for danger but she is facing the wrong way.

    Just over her shoulder, Jason can see Zsasz begin to make his move as the commotion continues to distract the Princess’s entourage.

    OOC

    Uh oh! Zsasz is seconds away from making his move. What does Jason do? Where will he take her?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23

    Default

    scowling pulling on the woman as hard as he can "Zsasz! Zsasz he is right there" the young boy said, panic in his voice, he is coming, "come on! into the alley!" Jason hoped they could find a way onto the roof from there

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,414

    Default Chapter 1.1

    Sabriyya turned to see Zsasz breach the circle of her distracted entourage. A glint of steel could be seen from his signature dagger that was held concealed behind his arm. She waisted no time to follow the boy. The two of them darted through a gap between the nearby tents and into the nearest alleyway. The buildings loomed over them, like a forest of stone. The buildings were so tightly crammed together that when Jason looked up the roofs were so close together that he could only make out a sliver of the blue sky that was mirrored by the tiny stream of light that trickled along the cold stone ground. The alleyway twisted and turned back on itself, first going to the right, then to the left. From where the two of them stood, whether he looked in front or behind, he saw nothing but walls. Where were all the doors? If they could get to the rooftops they would have a better chance of escaping. Each time Jason walked the alleyways he felt as if the houses had been pushed closer together, as if one day he’d come and find only the most narrow of paths to walk down.

    A sinister smile curled Zsasz’s lip as the two dashed away. Everyone has their guilty pleasures, it's just that Zsasz doesn't feel any guilt for his. To him killing is pure pleasure. He’s glad they didn’t forget to run, otherwise its all a bit of a let down, an anticlimax. The chase is what Zsasz lives for, hunting down the mark and going home richer. He doesn’t hate them, they're just a means to an end - male or female, young or old, what does he care? Each one of them is a fat addition to his account. Often times he signals that he is coming just for the pleasure of watching them run, observing as they loose all rationality in fear. He feeds on it, soaks it in as if it were the elixir he needs to survive.

    OOC

    You’ve made some head way as Zsasz had to pass through the crowd and you didn’t. Roll a Perception or Knowledge Local check to see if you can find access to the roof or if you’ve changed plans what have you got. If you’re having trouble Savriyya can help so roll with a +2 to represent her assisting in the check. She’s lived in these streets all her life but her growing status over the years hasn’t required her to go running through the streets in quite some time.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25

    Default

    Jason's eyes dart around for anything to continue the chase, a great that might lead to the sewer, a ladder or a door frame that would allow us to pull ourselve to the roof.

    the roof was advantagous because it would allow us to circle back it Sabiyya's security, a force even Zsasz wouldn't dare to face

    the sewer on the other hand could leave Zsasz at a loss to where we had gone, but if he did follow they would have to rely on the labyrinth like catacombs if they were to escape

    ooc
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknow local - (d20+6) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception - (d20+7) [27]

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,414

    Default Chapter 1.1

    Just as the two of them turn the next corner a rusty drainpipe presented itself as well as an intersection that shot off into a dark and unknown section of the alley Jason was unfamiliar with. Perhaps it could be a shortcut.






    OOC
    Ok, I’ve got it all set up for what I hope is a fun chace scene. I’ll present a couple options and you can then chose either and attempt the provided checks. Wether you succeed or fail you will always move on to the next obstacle but you would have slowed down enough for Zsasz to catch up. To represent this, the initiative order will switch to him and would allow him to attempt an attack first before you can attempt to escape ahead again. Right know you are ahead of him. If you can succeed at 4 out of 7 before he captures/kills Sabiyya or you, you’ll have made it back safely.

    Jason and Sabiyya have two options. They can attempt to climb the rusty drainpipe or go with a possible shortcut.

    To attempt the drainpipe you may attempt an acrobatics or climb check. To make things even better in your favor, if either of you or Sabiyya succeed, you help the other to escape and it still counts. So only one of you needs to succeed.

    Or will you go for the shady “shortcut.”

    Remember Zsasz will also have to attempt to keep up with you and he loves a good chace. So the path you take may or may not make it more difficult for your pursuer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 11-24-2019 at 06:14 AM.

  7. #27

    Default

    Jason darts forward kicking the wooden door open with all his strength, making a loud slam, and leaving the door swinging back and forth, he quickly changes directions and begins to scurry up the Drain pipe "quick, we need to get him off our trail" Jason urges, his dextrous fingers flinging his body upwards

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics - (d20+8) [11]

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,414

    Default Chapter 1.1

    Jason clambers up they rusty drainpipe with a nimble ease, then it begins to shift and pull away from the wall. Jason felt gravity leave him for just a moment as a swift drop momentarily caught him by surprise but his quick reflexes. Sabiyya soon followed and made her own way up. Once to the top the two of them continued to sprint back towards the market. Zsasz smiled at potential of catching up to his quarry at a dead end, but was disappointed when he had to make a quick choice that would either loose them or keep him on their heals. The door first caught his eye and stepped towards it then saw the broken drainpipe.

    The roof that Jason and Sabiyya ran across abruptly came to another alley presenting a 15 foot gap between the edges of the roofs. They could attempt to jump across hop down into an open window and attempt to confuse Zsasz another time or attempt to shimmy across the clothesline.





    OOC

    Sabiyya climb
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [19]

    Zsasz Intelligence to follow right path.
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+2) [19]

    Ok just a few more to go.

    You can attempt to jump across the alley gap with an Acrobatics Check or make a Knowledge Local to identify another potential “short cut” and jump back down into another ally for another possible way to loose Zsasz.

    The other option is to use the clothesline to cross the gap either by using it as an improvised tight rope with an Acrobatics check or cross it using the hand over hand shuffle method with a Climb check.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 11-27-2019 at 07:11 AM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Todd says nothing instead he just sprints across the roof launching himself towards the open window, hoping Sabiyya was dexterous enough to follow and that Zsasz wasn't. As Todd hit the inside of the room he tucked and rolled, quickly looking around for the next exit, before turning around, ready to help catch Sabiyya if her jump came short. the moment Sabiyya was safely inside the room, he closes the window behind himself

    ooc
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics - (d20+8) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollassist acrobatics - (d20+8) [16]

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,414

    Default Chapter 1.1

    Jason rests his hand on the rough paintwork that coats the door and pushes. Rough wooden splinters cut into his palm; shards of black paint crumble to the floor. The hinges squeal as though they are a warning, but their plea is silenced by a wall of noise. Laughter overpowers the minstrel. Conversations swirl in a dirty cloud of smoke, the stagnant stench of tobacco hides within the collaboration of mephitic odours. A sharp smell of drink wafts towards him, like black plumes bellowing from the windows of a burning house. There’s even a hint of sickness tainting the fragrance of the room.

    The two of them quickly ran through the crowded tavern. Weaving through tables and patrons. When all of a sudden Jason bumps into a man and spilling his drink down his front. His shaggy beard and shirt dripped with ale.

    “Hey! Ye’re goin’ to pay fer that!” Then he squints at Jason trying to blink the two visions into one.



    OOC

    Does Jason attempt to intimidate and yell at the drunk to Sober up? It is still before noon after all or does he attempt to swipe the mug away before he can smash it over your head, or attempt to dodge the wild swing and keep moving?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •