Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC 3] Blood in Snow

Yuenni just frowns at Damian, as was her wont, and sat next to the woman, gently rubbing the hysterical crier's shoulders, not saying a word yet.

Damian rolls his eyes and leaves the distraught woman with Yeunni... and begins looking around trying to work out what she was so upset about....although with so many people crowding into the room its destroying most of the clues he is probably searching for.

Frustrated, he realises that they are just going to have to get the woman to speak.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+4) (6) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (1d20+3) (5) [8]
    Last edited by Scymon; 10-18-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

Gallant kneels next to the woman. "Speak."

With this word, he casts Command (she must succeed on a DC 14 Wisdom save or follow the command)

When Damian (wearing his armor over common clothes) slaps the woman it only makes her condition worse, and some of the helpful citizens balk at Damian's actions. They even move toward him to pull him away from the poor woman, but Ravewood step into their path and that's all it takes to make them think twice. Still, Damian notices what almost happened and makes a mental note to weigh his choices more carefully in the future before acting on them.

Yeunni's shoulder rubs don't calm the woman all the way down, but it does change her noises from terrified screams to quiet sobbing, so a definite step in the right direction.

Damian goes looking around. He notices that there is no sign of forced entry on the front door. Walking deeper into the house, Damian finds a ravaged corpse. Upon making this discovery, he quickly turns around and heads back to the entrance to inform everyone else. When he reaches the entrance, but before he can say anything, he hears one of the villagers say, "There are some strange tracks out here in the snow."

Right around the time one of the villagers says that, Gallants casts Command. The woman stops crying, stands, and says, "Follow me, please." She stares blankly ahead as she leads whoever will follow her as she, herself, follows a trail of shred of clothing to the pantry, where, with blood-stained fingers, she points out a brutally mutilated corpse. The one Damian found on his own. It looks like a wild beast ravaged it.

"My husband and I," she says with a flat tone. "We were locking the house for the night. I went to the door. The porch lamp was lit. I went to put it out. I opened the door. There was a man. A dark robe over him. Couldn't see his face. Just eyes. Staring at me. Walking straight for me. But not a man," she says, some emotion starting to return to her voice as the spell's effect begins to wear off. "A wolf! I saw him change! Saw the robe fall away! Oh, god, he was - he was hideous!"

She starts speaking louder and faster as her emotions return to her again. "The beast forced the door open before I could close and lock it. My husband heard the commotion and rushed into the room with his sword drawn. The beast, in its fury, trampled me and caught my husband in the throat with its teeth, dragging him across the floor all the way here! I hid behind the stairs until I heard the beast breathing and chewing no more. Only then could I find the courage to scream."

At this point she cannot say anything else and breaks down in tears again.

Damian listens, he physically turns a little paler at the description of the attacking man-wolf-creature. He has read ...

"Is there a weaponsmith in this town?" he asks the crowd that are assembled.

"Aye," says one gentleman who looks a bit on in years and is missing an eye. "Aye," he says again, causing Damian to work hard not to start grinning at the joke that is already writing itself in his head. "Everythin' round 'ere is 'andled at the Depot." He points at a building on the other side of the street a ways down to the west. An old, faded sign sits across its second floor with the barely legible words 'Brumaldale Depot' written on it.

Captain Alec lets out a hard cough to clear his throat, startling everyone around him who didn't realize he was there. "Oh. Sorry," he says. "The cold up here is not agreeing with my throat."

"Old Ernest is right. Weapons, armor, general goods, you name it," says a younger fellow in an interesting cloak that looks like it's made of leather that has been dyed green, "we just get everything from that one store. It's closed, though. Wilhelm, the fellow what runs it, will open up in the morning. Have you seen these tracks yet?"

The corner of his mouth definitely twitching, Damian thanks the gentleman for the information about the depot. He then looks a bit more closer at the young gent who mentioned the tracks. "I'll take a quick look at those tracks, but Captain..." he says over his shoulder at Alec... "We will need to silver our weapons in the morning before we pursue this fiend" Trying not to shiver with more than just the cold... Damian follows to inspect the strange tracks.

"Silver...yes, I've heard that it can be the only effective means of dealing with a lycanthropic curse," the cleric murmurs, casting a surprised glance Damian's way. "Well remembered, master Damian."

Damian looks completely puzzled.... as he walks out into the snow he mutters to himself

"Did.... she just..... compliment me?"

In his happy moment he stops only to realise he has stepped into some of the tracks. (*his low perception roll from ooc)

"(insert appropriate swear word)"

However now he is here these tracks really are quite fascinating... he can see where the footsteps of a man turned into those of a large animal pad. He grabs one of his familiar tools from his bag and places it in the snow next to the print in order to get a comparison of size before retrieving the tool once more.... his mind quickly putting the various details of the tracks together. (*his rather high investigation roll in ooc)

10. Default

Gallant steps close to Damian. "What do you see, friend?"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast