Thread: Chapter 11.9: More Sendings

Default Chapter 11.9: More Sendings

Finding a somewhat quiet day as they await the construction of the Altar. Hrothgar finds a moment to ask Vort if he would consent to do some more sendings for him.

He thinks for a while and says that he would ask Sestun -

"If the cave is now impassible can it be cleansed? If not what leads does he now follow in pursuit of the Lion Clan."

"What is the status of the Civil War at this time? Who is behind it? Who is Winning? And does my family still live?"

Of course he realises that the answers to those questions may lead him to request more sending's on another day.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

2. Default

Vort agrees, but before he does he says, "This Kiri-Jolith, you still following him? Reorx, well, he's the king of badassdom, and he's coming back. Maybe you think about converting over to his ways. No pressure," Vort says with a smile, "I'm always here for ya, heathen."

Vort prays and recites the messages verbatim to Sestun.

Vort receives the reply from Sestun, "Creatures in the cave are blighted, which killed most of my team. It may be passable, but not with what I brought."

4. Default

Vort relays what he receives to Hrothgar. "Just a sidenote," Vort says, "and it may not impact anything, but wasn't Sestun a black robe too?"

"He was when we met him, but in our private conversation he told me the reason for it. He was Originally a Red Robe. Since the Lion Clan is part of the reason, I hope that by giving him this mission to search them out and either find or avenge them, it will allow his true color to return. But I'm not a fool. I am also hoping he is unaware of what has happened in Xanthar. And as long as he remains unaware, he will be more co-operative. Thus why I asked you not to mention the tower or be more overtly hostile than he expects in your sendings."

6. Default

Vort replies matter of factly, "Yeah, okay. If he starts something, I'm going to kick his ass."

Vort does the second sending and comes back with the reply, "The civil war is still ongoing, but the Viper tribe has mostly pulled back. More giants and ogres than tribes. Your family is fine."

Hrothgar allows a relieved smile to cross his face. He merely nods his thanks at Vort for his time and walks away to process what he has been told.