Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 11.5: Good Knight Heroes

Default Chapter 11.5: Good Knight Heroes

After going their separate ways throughout the day, the group meets for a late dinner at the Good Knight Tavern at around 8 o'clock. The sun is still visible on the horizon, and fills the late summer sky with red hues. The former Sentinel, Reed, has prepared a small, private room for the Sentinels to eat at. The food is a wide selection of some of the Inn's best meals, and features purple watermelon from the Burrows as well as several stuffed fish dishes from Xanthar. Other entrees include cornbread, rice, and a strange beet root salad sprinkled with nuts.

Grela meets the group here. Once they arrive, she closes the door, but the group notices Captain Griffin keeping watch outside, along with a few of the city guard.

She states, "Thank you again. I owe you gratitude, and some coin as well. Per our original agreement, I was offering 5000 gold for each city that you could re-establish contact with. I was also offering 5000 gold for the successful return of the Pathfinders. I consider both tasks fulfilled. Would you prefer that I have the coin deposited in your account or...?"

2. Default

“I think into our accounts is acceptable but I will let everyone speak for themselves,” replies Kalthanar. His voice lowers, “I am eager to discuss Rhagmur. The situation is dire.”

Hrothgar looks puzzled.

"Accounts?"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

The dwarf mayor, who is dressed elegantly in a tan dress replies, "Yes, Hrothgar is it? I am Grela, the mayor of Alliance. We met briefly when you passed through Alliance, but you quickly departed. Thank you again for all of your assistance."

She states, "The others are from Alliance and all have access to the Common Cents bank here. I won't claim that our bank is anything extraordinary, but with trade being re-established, most people banks have a list of accounts with large deposits. These deposits, or at least a significant portion of them, are generally available at any of the major banks throughout Therris. Mistmoor is more the exception with the nomadic nature of some of the tribes. I believe the Dragon tribe has a bank that has some visibility to other funds, but I'm honestly not sure. There is some lag when depositing as the banks don't have perfect information, and large deposits generally require a customary check of sorts with a priest to verify that you're not attempting to withdraw from multiple banks before they can catch it. It is because of these bank accounts that we were able to start on Vortigern's altar without him being present to fund it. Of course, you don't have to open an account. If you'd prefer cash, I can always accommodate. It will be tomorrow before I can get you the funds though. Please let me know how you would like it as far as platinum, gold, etc, and if there is any particular mint of coin that you prefer, such as Rhagmur, Etoile, etc. Most of them spend the same at most cities."

As she finishes talking, there is a knock at the door. She walks over and opens the door to find her father standing there. Hagar nods to her and enters the room. He doesn't say much to his daughter, with their relationship being somewhat strained in recent times.
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-01-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Happy with the explanation... Hrothgar merely nods then leans back against a wall.

6. Default

Kalthanar returns to the topic of Rhagmur, “In ten days time Vortigern will attempt to bring Reorx back into this world. It is why we need the altar his nuptials aside. The ritual is not certain. There is a chance it could fail. We hope Reorx can intercede to save Rhagmur. The city has fallen to an army of Morgion’s minions. They have advanced far enough to threaten division six. The remaining dwarves are trapped. We do not know how long they will last.” The high elf sits back and lets the gravity of his words sink in.

7. Default

Vort merely nods when the question of depositing it into his account is mentioned, the action being fine with him. When Kal speaks, Vort adds, "Kal speaks the truth. The city is much beleaguered by the forces of Morgion, which is why the altar's true reason to be built has been commissioned. I had hoped to keep it a secret, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. It will need to be guarded until the ritual to bring back Reorx." At which point Vort unslings the Hammer and lays it on the table. "Reorx's essence is trapped within and with the Altar completed, we can draw it out and hopefully restore the city of Rhagmur or at least regain a little of what had been lost. This needs to stay between us."

8. Default

Deciding now would be the best time, since he was chomping at the bit wondering about his brother, Vort prayed for a Sending to his brother, "Fjall, whats the situation there? I am in Alliance preparing the altar to Reorx. Hold out for another ten days."

9. Default

Kalthanar says to Vortigern, “I thought using your wedding as cover for the altar was clever. I would continue to use that.”

"I think he would rather not have needed a cover in the first place. But its done. We need to do whatever we can to ensure the ritual is successful and ensure that there is no chance for the Altar to be corrupted or destroyed before the big day."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast