Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: chapter 57 OOC

1. Default

Axar, please make a DC20 Int check. Don't you wish you had that other ring with the auto Int save

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Axar, please make a DC20 Int check. Don't you wish you had that other ring with the auto Int save
    I don't remember anything negative from the ring. I was rereading the description in the magical items section. I truly don't remember a DC20 or something bad type of save...

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Who needs an int save with a nat 20 save...?

4. Default

Wow! good one! you needed that or you would be a mental slave... next thing you know, you would be wearing a blue dress and a nice frilly hat

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Who needs an int save with a nat 20 save...?

5. Default

Closing that thread while Axar has a little conversation. This is going to take a while, but I can't progress the game until it's done.

6. Default

Chapter 57.2 is for Axar alone.

Default chapter 57 OOC

Sorry. Was editing. Phone error sent it to fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, for group OOC discussion, why wasn't Axar talking with the gith? It seemed to absorb his soul (see below). The gith should have replaced Bisorin's soul. If that didn't work, Bisorin's soul should have been in there. We knew it wasn't because we were talking with the head. So this Deuthan is somehow overriding the powers of the ring...?

Sorry for anyone that might have wanted the ring. It's kind of stuck on Axar until he dies at least.

Ring of Hastur

While wearing this ring, you are immune to magic that allows other creatures to read your thoughts, determine whether you are lying, know your alignment, or know your creature type. Creatures can telepathically communicate with you only if you allow it. If you die while wearing the ring, your soul enters it, replacing any soul that may already inhabit it. Your soul is trapped in the ring until replaced and you cannot be revived, raised, reincarnated or resurrected during that time of being trapped. As long as your soul is in the ring, you can telepathically communicate with any creature wearing it. A wearer can't prevent this telepathic communication.

CURRENT OWNER: none

Carried by Axar

Deuthan was the soul in the ring.
    I think that is another puzzle to figure out about why Bisorin's soul did not enter the ring at his death.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    Deuthan was the soul in the ring.
    I think that is another puzzle to figure out about why Bisorin's soul did not enter the ring at his death.
    Something(s) about the identify are clearly amiss. Also, it was Deuthan's will that Axar resisted, not the ring, although he is a slave to the ring.

Definitely a cursed item. And I realize that the DM also mentioned that dispel would have worked, but Axar didn't know that. His thought process is how to save everyone, teleport back, and seal off this portal. The last part was what he learned.