Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Dark Knight

Default Legend of the Dark Knight

Hey everyone, while we wait for a couple more recruits and build our characters, Iíve got a few fun questions.

- What Batman villain is your favorite?

- What villains would you like to see?

- If you could flavor a Batman villain to fit the fantasy setting who would you pick and how would you do it?

- if you could make your own Batman Villain who would it be?

You never know. You might just find yourself face to face with your answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about a mix of Paladin and Oracle? Eh? Makes 'im a little more Pathfinder-y but still keeps him mostly Azrael.

Answers to your survey:
    - It's always been a toss-up among Bane, Killer Croc, Hush, and Clayface.
    - See above, lol.
    - Characters like Two-Face and Riddler, or even Black Mask, seem like it wouldn't be too hard to do this with. Just paint them with the medieval brush. Most things don't even need to change.
    - Oh, I wouldn't dare.

Drew, whatever you do with Azrael, I am sure we are going to love it :P plus it will be a lot of fun having two anti heroes running around instead of just one

though I do wonder how party cohesion is going to work

survey questions
    1) joker is my favorite, sorry its a cliche, also Harley quinn is hot.... or maybe that is just Margot Robbie, riddler is a hard second though (I like braniacs okay)
    2) I would love to see black mask, faclone, penguin, bane, poison ivy, joker, but most of all I really want to go up against riddler
    3) crime bosses stay crimebosses? but instead of their minions using automatic weapons to patrol the docks, they use swords and x-bows to patrol the docks. Poison ivy becomes a neutral evil druid, and yeah? doesn't seem all that difficult. maybe I am not understanding the question?
    4) hmm well if I were to run joker I would probably run an alchemist with the leadership feat, if I was going to run riddler it would probably be an arcane trickster, Ras al ghul would be an eldritch knight in my opinion.

so I know that I have said this before, but I would much rather start the game as jason todd rather than wait for what could be literal years to play the character I have in mind. I really believe that you can adapt the year one story line to have Azrael, dick greyson, and jason todd all operating from the get go

this batman might have a greater belief in team work and moves to recruit a small group immediately? Dick and Jason might already have been following bruce around as he was on his mission of self discovery and the goal of human perfection. not quite sure how to tie azrael in yet, but I am thinking on it

What I was trying to get at with the question referring to fitting a Batman Villain into the fantasy setting, an example would be;

Harvey Dent is actually a good guy but one day is captured and killed only to have his place taken by an Uguthol (Faceless Horror). A creature literally able to wear two faces.

Or Bane is a Gladiator champion of the Serpentís Run Arena. He has grown tired of fighting unworthy opponents so when Batman arrives on the scene he feels he has found a new worthy opponent. The Serpentís Run theme also plays to the flavor of his special Venom that gives him his unparalleled strength.

Or Clayface is actually a new Golem model being designed by the Golem Works. His new design allows him to adapt and change to any required task instead of being specifically designed for only one or two tasks. Something goes wrong when they finish the spell to awaken him and he becomes self aware and fully independent.

Or in the Magnimar Setting Guid, The Forever Man is a perfect swap for Raís al Ghul and the Skinshaw Men make perfect swaps for the League of Assassins.

How would you feel about an Illithid Riddler or Mad Hatter?

Referring to my question about adding your own villain. Here is a fun little spoiler. Instead of having a Firefly have a Lightning Bug instead. The idea still resembles the original mythos cannon but changes it to a totally different flavor.

Does it show that Iíve been thinking about this for a long time?

@ Grayson - I know youíre excited to play Jason Todd and get under the Red Hood. Iíve got lots planned for Year One setting up for the rest of the story. Normally I wouldnít have a problem just jumping into the middle of a mythos like Batman because itís so widely known. But since were changing to a new setting and introducing magic into Gotham I want to set things up right.

You did trigger a thought though. I might be able to do a side by side story. Year One playing out along side Year 5. Much like Arrow on the CW, as Oliverís story of his exile plays out along side him being the Green Arrow. But that would require everyone to plan out their characters in-depth so there isnít a serious conflict when the stories do conjoin. It would also require players to switch back and forth between the two without meta knowledge if I happen to slip on some of the info.

This option might work better if I get a support GM whoís on the same page and knows where Iím trying to go. Iím willing to prep enough so I can share this with them, it would just add some additional work.

An altered version would be to still have the two storylines, just that YEAR ONE would only be a readable story while you all start play in YEAR FIVE. You just wouldnít have control of your characters during that time, but of course Iíll strictly stay true to your backstories that you give me.

What do you think?

I just did a quick read of the year one story line and I am confused by why we can't alter the story line to add our characters sooner?

it is kinda pointless to just rehash a story that has already been told, I had assumed you were using the year one story line as a frame work and not a blue print

also doing two story lines at the same time undercut any drama that the earlier story might have. in addition to being a mountain of extra work for the dm

I seriously don't want to play the wrong character for what could be several in real life years

I understand that you want to tell the year one story line, and it is certainly one of the most engaging in the batman mythos, I just think we should alter the story to fit the members of the party that we have available?

I will have two sheets done by the time i head to bed tongiht, begger jason todd and robin jason todd

what do all my other pc's think?
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 09-27-2019 at 06:27 PM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    @ mdh. Great! Do you know much about the character? Do you know much about the Magnimar setting? Would you be able to post at least 3/week in a good detailed response?

My kids watch too much Teen Titans but seriously my understanding of his boy wonder is that he goes from adoring to rejecting to accepting to becoming a peer to the bat. Thinking Swashbucker to go with agility and acrobatic background. Am playing Rise of the arunelorss here so have a little knowledge but main attraction is to back up the bat. I have found that my most fun characters have been those playing a supporting role to others. Second attraction is to play with Krivak again.

8. Default

Hey everyone, while we wait for a couple more recruits and build our characters, I’ve got a few fun questions.

- What Batman villain is your favorite?

- What villains would you like to see?

- If you could flavor a Batman villain to fit the fantasy setting who would you pick and how would you do it?

- if you could make your own Batman Villain who would it be?

You never know. You might just find yourself face to face with your answers.

All of the villains named above are great but am thinking more of a Tim Burton take for early Batman given the setting. He is not yet able to do what we expect of him and is still learning his place in the world. Sort of like the Batman Begins film. Was pondering playing Alfred but the story is best served with him as a NPC in my mind. But I had to play with one villain, Catwoman is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    so I know that I have said this before, but I would much rather start the game as jason todd rather than wait for what could be literal years to play the character I have in mind. I really believe that you can adapt the year one story line to have Azrael, dick greyson, and jason todd all operating from the get go

this batman might have a greater belief in team work and moves to recruit a small group immediately? Dick and Jason might already have been following bruce around as he was on his mission of self discovery and the goal of human perfection. not quite sure how to tie azrael in yet, but I am thinking on it
    Don't worry. I'm okay with doing the two-character thing.

How would you feel about an Illithid Riddler or Mad Hatter?
    Yes, definitely Hatter, that would be great. Okay, now that I know what you're doing, I would create a custom souped-up zombie troll for Solomon Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    I just did a quick read of the year one story line and I am confused by why we can't alter the story line to add our characters sooner?

it is kinda pointless to just rehash a story that has already been told, I had assumed you were using the year one story line as a frame work and not a blue print

also doing two story lines at the same time undercut any drama that the earlier story might have. in addition to being a mountain of extra work for the dm

I seriously don't want to play the wrong character for what could be several in real life years

I understand that you want to tell the year one story line, and it is certainly one of the most engaging in the batman mythos, I just think we should alter the story to fit the members of the party that we have available?

I will have two sheets done by the time i head to bed tongiht, begger jason todd and robin jason todd

what do all my other pc's think?
    Oh, so you're looking to play a normal-powered version of Todd before basically unlocking a more powerful version of him later? I think that's a reasonable request, but it's MTpaladin's call as GM.

Grayson- I donít want you to feel that youíre being denied playing Jason Todd. My hope is that while playing a member of the GCW you will have a hand in the development of the Jasonís origin story.

Take Drew for example. My goal is to weave in a connecting thread between him and Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael. That way it feels that he is basically being able to continue the same storyline. Bullock or your other GCW character could be investigating the case of Jason Toddís parents or even the Drug trade that got Jason separated from his parents. Or even better you could be playing a crooked cop who sold the drugs to your parents etc. Then youíll be able to hunt him down as the Redhood. Iíve got some great ideas so you feel that itís still connected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast