Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Dark Knight

busy with classes, but I will have a mock up of jason todd on friday, busy school week for me atm

Default Legend of the Dark Knight

You are good. Gives me more time to world build and recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

also... what role was krivak interested?

if we don't have a batman, I imagine we could follow the year one story line, but following redhood/nightwing/who ever kivak plays instead of batman? that way everyone can play the character they want right at the beginning

Krivak is definitely going to play Gordon at the beginning and then take on the role of anyone else we need him to play. Since Drew was more Interested in playing Azrael Dick Grayson might be a good fit as He comes in towards the end of Year Two or maybe Tim Drake and let him play Gordon a bit longer. Drew hasnít quite made a decision on his hero character yet.

I found the perfect candidate to play our Batman. A real close friend of mine is as big of a Batman fan as I am so heís totally into picking up the roll. He is frequently in many productions of our local live theater, in a real life campaign of mine and Iím helping develop his own Fanfic Spider-Man series. He is interested and wants to help out with our Batman Fanfic campaign. He just isnít a TTW member yet. Iíll be talking with him on Friday about the idea, get him set up with an account and get him started on character building.

Blog Entries

Cleared

More and more I'm thinking it could be fun to play a misguided religious zealot like Azrael in Pathfinder.

8. Default

If you are still looking for players, I am interested in Dick Grayson.

Some recommendations for classes that I could see Azrael would be any of the following;

High DEX builds: Inquisitor, Medium
    High DEX/STR build: Fighter, Monk, Slayer
    High STR builds: Bloodrager,
    High STR/CHA build: Paladin
    High STR/INT build: Magus
    High STR/WIS build: Warpriest

Inquisitor
    Grim and determined, Azrael as an inquisitor roots out enemies of the faith, using trickery and guile when righteousness and purity is not enough. Although an Azrael inquisitor is dedicated to a deity, he sees himself above many of the normal rules and conventions of the church. He would answer to his deity and his own sense of justice alone, and is willing to take extreme measures to meet his goals and those of his secret order.

Medium
    Azrael as a Medium would channel spirits into himself, using his own body as a vessel for astral entities spawned from myths and legends such as past Azraels and heroes of his secret order. As a medium Azreal balances his need for the spirits' power with the danger of allowing such beings influence over his mind.

Fighter
    Some take up arms for glory, wealth, or revenge. Others do battle to prove themselves, to protect others, or because they know nothing else. Still others learn the ways of weaponcraft to hone their bodies in battle and prove their mettle in the forge of war. Lords of the battlefield, Azrael as a fighter would be trained with many weapons or just one, perfecting the uses of armor (like that sweet armor seen in the Batman: Knightfall arch), learning the fighting techniques of exotic masters, and studying the art of combat, all to shape himself into a living weapon for his secret order. Far more than a mere thug, Azrael is a skilled warrior and reveals the true deadliness of his weapons, turning hunks of metal into arms capable of taming beasts, and slaughtering evil doers. As a Fighter, Azrael is an unparalleled champion, and woe to those who dare stand against him.

Monk
    For the truly exemplary, martial skill transcends the battlefieldóit is a lifestyle, a doctrine, a state of mind. As a Monk Jean-Paul Valley has been unknowingly being groomed to be a weapon for a secret order. Over the years he has been training in many methods of battle beyond swords and shields, finding weapons within themselves just as capable of crippling or killing as any blade. These warrior monks of the secret order of Saint Dumas (so called since they adhere to ancient philosophies and strict martial disciplines) elevate their bodies to become weapons of war, from battle-minded ascetics to self-taught brawlers. As a Monk Azrael would tread the path of discipline, and struggle with the will to endure that path to discover within himself not what he is, but what he is meant to be.

Slayer
    Skilled at tracking down targets, a Slayer Azrael is a consummate hunter, living for the chase and the deadly stroke that brings it to a close. Azrael would spend most of his time honing his weapon skills, studying the habits and anatomy of foes, and practicing combat maneuvers. (Grayson Tagger will be taking this rout with Jason Todd. Only fitting for the character I think)

Bloodrager
    While many ferocious combatants can tap into a deep reservoir of buried rage, an Azrael bloodrager has an intrinsic power that seethes within. Like sorcerers, the Cainís of those chosen to don the mantle of Azrael the Angle of Death, surge with arcane power. While sorcerers use this power for spellcasting, Azrael enters an altered state in which his bloodline becomes manifested, where the echoes of his strange ancestry lash out with devastating power. In these states, Azrael can cast some arcane spells instinctively. Azraelís magic is as fast, violent, and seemingly unstoppable as his physical prowess.

Paladin
    Through a select, worthy few shines the power of Saint Dumas. These noble souls dedicate their swords and lives to the battle against evil. Over the years select Knights, crusaders, and law-bringers, have been chosen by the secret order to don the name and mantle of Azrael and seek not just to spread divine justice but to embody the teachings of the zealous Saint Dumas they serve. In pursuit of their lofty goals, they adhere to ironclad laws of justice and vengeance. As reward for their righteousness zeal, these holy champions are blessed with boons to aid them in their quests: powers to banish evil, bring justice to the wicked, and avenge the fallen. Although their convictions might lead them into conflict with the very souls they would save, Azrael paladins of Saint Dumas weather endless challenges of faith and dark temptations, risking their lives to do right and fighting to bring about a future free of evil and wickedness.

Magus
    There are those who spend their lives poring over ancient tomes and texts, unlocking the power of magic, and there are those who spend their time perfecting the use of individual weapons, becoming masters without equal. Jean-Paul Valley is a student of both philosophies, blending magical ability and martial prowess into something entirely unique, a discipline in which both spell and steel are used to devastating effect. As he grows in power, and is called to wear the mantle of Azrael he unlocks powerful forms of arcana that allow him to merge his talents further, and at the pinnacle of his art, Azrael becomes a blur of steel and magic, a force that few foes would dare to stand against.

Warpriest
    Capable of calling upon the power of Saint Dumas in the form of blessings and spells, Azrael blends divine magic with martial skill. As a Warpriest Azrael is an unflinching bastions of his faith, shouting gospel as he pummels foes into submission, and never flees away from a challenge to their beliefs. While clerics might be subtle and use diplomacy to accomplish their aims, Azrael is not above using violence whenever the situation warrants it.

So many great options itís hard to choose. And donít forget, the Vigilante Class and features are all available to you as well along side your other chosen class.

@ mdh. Great! Do you know much about the character? Do you know much about the Magnimar setting? Would you be able to post at least 3/week in a good detailed response?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast