Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of the Dark Knight

Default Legend of the Dark Knight

Drew- Azrael would be a good one. To be honest I was a little on the fence if I was going to open him up for PC or instead keep him as an NPC because there’s so much that can be done with him as an Antagonist. But I see how he has your interest when you mentioned wanting to play a good character who over time turns bad. I’ll have to do some tweaking if that’s the route you want to take instead of Dick Grayson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I made a Pathfinder character, but I can go ahead and try to start. I assume you want Mythweavers. Do you want the Pathfinder [Experimental] version? What would Crispus' class be?

Ok for character building please use the following guidelines;

Point Buy:
    - Gotham City Watch officers start at 15 points
    - Bat-family Heroes start at 20 points

Race:
    GCW - Human, Halfling, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, (if you would like to try another race please check for approval.)

Heroes - Human, Half-elf, (if you would like to try another race please check for approval.)

Background/Occupation
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...ations/#Castle

GCW - Guardian

Or

Investigator

Heroes -
    Dick Grayson - Athlete or Entertainer

Jason Todd - Begger or Thief

Tim Drake - Arcane Student Or Squire or Stable Hand

Classes (Archetype):
    GCW - Bard (Detective), Cavalier (Order of the Rose), Fighter (Check to approve archetype), Gunslinger, Inquisitor, Investigator, Rogue (Investigator), Ranger (Urban), (if there is one I missed let me know and we’ll talk.)

Heroes - Vigilante (for the purpose of this campaign, Vigilante will be your main Class but you will be able to choose feats and abilities from your other chosen class. Other options may include; Acrobat, Ninja, Rogue, Slayer, Swashbuckler and many others, give me a pitch.)

You will use your Class’s Starting wealth to purchase any additional gear and equipment beyond the class kit and GCW Service Issue. For example a Gunslinger begins with 5d6 ×10 gp (average of 175 gp) and a free Gunslinger’S Kit all other gear and materials must be purchased. You will also issued your choice of; Armor (MW Scale Mail, MW Chain Mail, or MW Studed Leather), your Service Weapon (MW Longsword, MW Crossbow MW Halberd, or pistol), your Service Gear (Sap, Bullseye Lantern, Manacles, Signal Whistle).

Traits: Please pick one of the following traits. This will act as the “flaw” and you can choose two others Traits to act as the “quirks” from any published Piazo material that you feel comment your character (3rd party selections must be approved first).

GCW -

Drug Addict

Framed

Love Lost

Missing Child

Unhappy Childhood

Heroes - I’ld like you to choose one that fits with the cannon but the others are open. let’s talk and see what you think. Should we limit it to three or since you are heroes, open it for more? I’m also a GM who likes to toss an additional story Traits and Feats on you for something that happened in game, that’s also an option.

Feats
    Both Hero Points and Mythical Points will be used. For the purpose of this Campaign Hero Points and Mythical Points will be interchangeable.

But I don’t want you to waist your feats on selecting these. I will do another review and select the few and award them out as bonus feats.

If you have any questions, comments or recommendations please let me know.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-23-2019 at 09:08 PM.

really? only 15-20 point buy? that is pretty stingy I always imagined batman as a paragon, with those stats he is hardly better than an average thug

I was also hoping to just go full slayer and not really bother worrying about vigilante which really seems like it is hardly better than an npc class? or maybe I am misunderstanding what you are looking to do (note that redhood doesn't really maintain an alter ego like most members of the bat family, he operates under his alias full time, jason todd is essentially still dead)

also Beggar seems like a complete upgrade over thief (choose 4 of 7 skills vs choose 3 of 6, bonus feat vs extra gold)

as for traits, tortured or personal addiction seem the most apt
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 09-24-2019 at 01:00 AM.

What I’m trying to go for with the classes is basically just open both Vigilante and your other class up to you. You can choose between them without being penalized for duel classing as long as you meet the prerequisites.

I understand your frustration about the point limit. My thought process is that Batman is a well rounded character with 1 stat at 16 another two at 14, One on the cusp at 13 or 11 and one at 12. And don’t forget the +2 to any ability for being Human.

Where I’m coming from is that Batman isn’t super human like Superman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman or Flash, but what he lacks in Physical stats he makes up for it in versatility, Physical and Intellectual skill along with all those cool gadgets. He starts out making his own mistakes and struggling against thugs, but over time he will progress to that epic level through skills and versatility. Would adding a bonus feat each level make up for it?

If you want to negotiate and make it higher, what do you think.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-24-2019 at 03:25 AM.

I get where you are coming from on batman being well rounded but if we look at his feats

1) batman can lift 1000 pounds over his head (str 28)
    2) I can't really quantify his dexterity, but he has the ability to avoid attacks, an excellent ranged accuracy, and inhuman stealth abilities (dex 26?)
    3) bat man puts incredible strain on his body leading a double life he often stays up for days at a time, is seemingly immune to dozens of poisons and is almost never sick. even when infected, it may take a normal human seconds to die, but batman is able to hold on for minutes, or sometimes even hours (con 20)
    4) his IQ is 192, he regularly outsmarts gods and super computers (int 24)
    5) Batman is an incredible tactician, being able to plan dozen of moves ahead of his opponents (wis 24)
    6) Bruce wayne is the favored son of gotham, is extremely sociable, he is able to garner trust from both high wealth/class as well as blue collar or even criminal types (cha 16-20)

all my numbers are based off the ability score chart
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-abil...bility-scores/

it seems unfair to say that batman should have a str score of 10 because he isn't as strong as superman who (and there is a huge margin of error with this number) has a strength score of 62500000, assuming we agree that supermans max lift is 2 billion tons (its also late, so I am pretty sure I did my math wrong)

obviously we can't have such extreme stats in a real dnd game, but I feel like 40 point buy (or assigned stats) would be much more reasonable

oh... and 15 point buy leaves your detectives below the average street thugs.. while they might not be as impressive as their heroic counterparts, they do show themselves to be rather impressive human beings. capable in a fist fight, a gun fight or using their mental attributes in order to solve crimes.

for comparison https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/np...ter-1-rogue-1/ (point buy of 20)

just some of my thoughts

I hope that i am not bringing up any bad blood, but if you recall, a former dm of ours offered us a group of predetermined stats, it allowed him to keep up at a high effective point buy without allowing us to potentially get multiple lvl 18 stats I believe the stats that we were offered were 16, 16, 16, 14, 10, 10 an effective point buy of 35

as for extra feats.. while I am running a very feat intensive build (dual wielding switch hitter is kinda tough) I kinda feel like pathfinder already offers a ton of feats

I think that you need to stop comparing batman to superman and other member of the JLA, and start comparing him to ordinary people

and as much as I hate to have one member of the party have a distinct advantage... I think the dark knight himself should start a level or two ahead of the rest of the cast

oh... and what you described for bman's stats... is a 26 point buy
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 09-24-2019 at 04:36 AM.

So Crispus would be a Garundi human GCW gunslinger with the Investigator background and the Framed (self) trait. I also agree that the point buy is a tad on the low side and I wonder if we could raise the 15/20 to a 20/30? Ultimately your call as GM, though.

Grayson raised some good points. This was the first time I thought of doing a point buy game and only used what was recommended. I was trying to have a bit more equality between players instead of having the inconsistency of rolls. I guess I didn’t realize how low those really were compared to NPCs. I do remember Magrat’s game but couldn’t remember the stat build numbers. I really do miss playing Hakon and Svidhogimar. My military training kept taking up my time. I’ve transferred units and mellowed down my training since then. You don’t think Mag would be interested in letting me come back and play Hakon would he?

Yeah let’s change the points up a couple steps. 15 points was way low. I’m surprised they even recommended starting that low. Let’s do 25 points for the GCW and 30 points for our heroes. That should allow for way more verity between you while still keeping it balanced.

Thanks for pointing that out Grayson.

That looks good Drew. I like the choice of trait. I wanted some that helped play to the corruption of the force. Yeah go ahead and use the Pathfinder Experimental sheet on Myth Weaver.

Since Drew, Grayson and Krivak are the only ones who have given interest, I really would like to get my Gotham of Golarion off the ground on a good sound base so you’ve got your parts. I would still like to see a short story by you in the setting. It can be about your chosen character or of a “villain” (Batman cannon or one of your original design.)

Drew - a couple ideas could be to write one from the Point if view of Crispus. This could be one of his earlier cases or the time he got framed and how he dealt with it.

Did you decide if you wanted to go Dick Grayson or would you rather go Azrael instead? Krivak offered to take Dick Grayson after being Gordon.

One idea involving Dick Grayson wound be when he’s still with his family performing for a great crowd at one of the events at the Serpent’s Run hippodrome arena and how he felt when he performed with his family.

Grayson Tagger - I would love to see your take on a story of Jason Todd when he lost his parents (either kid-napped, given up for adoption, ran away, got lost or otherwise) or even as he miandered the streets and pickpocketed and begged on the streets as one of Gaedren Lamm’s “Little Lambs.”

Are you interested in taking on the role of Harvey Bullock until Jason arrives?

I’m still looking for the following slots if anyone checking in is still interested. I’ld love to play them but it wouldn’t be right or fair for my players unless of course you feel that it’s ok as long as I play through the script if Year One and Year Two until the roles are filled. Then it becomes a study of how Batman effects everyone else.

Batman
    Renee Montoya / Barbara Gordon

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast