Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 56.6 The Chapel of Bramsun

1. Default Chapter 56.6 The Chapel of Bramsun

Finishing up their conversations, the Moonlit Swords head out temporarily before the onset of dusk (5pm) and head back the now familiar route to the chapel of Bramsun. It's about as long and it is short to get there, and when they do, they see that the lights are on in the chapel through it's stained glass windows--solid colors of white, gold and silver. Climbing the short rise of steps to the front door, they open it to find a Loewin in his mid fifties hurridly cleaning up. Without looking, he yells out, "Services won't be for another hour!" Then looks up to see who it is and stops his cleaning. It was evident he was trying to gauge the demeanor of the group--whether he was in danger and should flee, or just be wary. "Hello, how may I help you strangers?"

Ivar walks slightly ahead of the others, and puts a relieved look upon his face, to give the impression that he is really glad to have found the chapel open at last.
    Its not much of an act.... given he really is relieved to find it open for once.

"Father Ashwell I presume?" Ivar asks with a hint of doubt in his voice. "The barkeeper at the Salty Dog told me that you were the closest thing to an alchemist or apothecary around here. I brought this puzzle you see and someone clearly had a sour frame of mind with it as they glued the silly thing shut. So I was hoping you knew of a way to dissolve the stuff"

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPersuasion - (1d20+11) (6) [17]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

"Oh... yeah! Yeah, I know my way around solvents and such--natural ones that is, ones that won't harm the wood of the puzzle you have there." There was a brief pause before he asked, "You, did try to solve it, right?"

"I definitely took a good look at it, but with the glue in there, I cant even budge the pieces. And I do so love a good puzzle".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

5. Default

"Okay, okay," putting the broom aside. "How about the rest of you? You're not all here for your friend, are you?" It's obvious the cleric was perceptive enough to notice that many of you are openly wearing your Free Company badges.

Cormack, who has remained towards the back, says, "Oh, in the sense that we support him in all his endeavors, I would say we are.

"In that some of us have additional business with you, you speak truly. Though I assure you, it is all benign."

Cormack undoes the front of his turban to make it easier to to talk, to hopefully look less sinister, and to show the scars on his face.

"I'm here to ask for help, for local knowledge and to offer help," says Hildegard.

8. Default

"Oh, okay. What can I help you with?" replied Father Ashwell.

Axar isn't one to mince words. He followed the lead of the others at The Crossed Forks Inn. Here though, he wasn't in the mood for misdirection. He states, "We heard tales of some large creature from other loewin. Our curiosity was peaked, and we found the cave. Your church was closed, and we decided to do some exploring. What we found was... troublesome. Some spiders that come and go. Lots of dead loewin guards. And worse. We understand that you help keep things at the cave at bay. We came here to warn you of what was deep inside the cave and understand what you know of it."

Authentic Forum Dice-rollinsight into his expression - (d20+1) (17) [18]

10. Default

Father Ashwell's demeanor hardened and he was obviously not pleased, "You shouldn't have gone in there. If the spiders feel threatened, they will find another home--such as Brightwater. What did you do in there? How many of them did you kill?"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast