Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 1: Zero Year

Default Chapter 1: Zero Year

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    ”I am in my own bed...” Bullock replies as he rolls off it... “ Or at least next to it...”
    “Oh my goodness!” She immediately went to check to make sure that her neighbor was ok and to insist that he put his clothes back on and leave. Having a drunken man passed out on her floor was not how she thought her night would go.

“Mister Bullock please, I assure you this is my apartment.” She struggles with her little frame to assist the half Minotaur back to the bed and hope to sober him up just enough to get him across the hall. “Mister Bullock please . Mister Bullock if you could just...”

“Detective” Harvey grumbled as he assisted to seat himself. “An’ iff you don’ quiet down I’ll call City Guard to have you remoooved.” He corrected as he pointed to the three parity ladies.

She frowned in annoyance. “Detective Bullock you are in the wrong apartment.” She continues as she finally got him up and back onto the bed, but then she lost her balance and fell into his lap. Her immediate reaction was to stand but then they both gazed in each others eyes; not a word spoken by either of them. She was lost within the breathless paradise of his dreamy eyes and no sooner without any authority he clutched her hips, pulled her in against his muscular body; as a result she was weakened by the gentle and seductive touch from such a large and hard individual. While pressing his body against hers and continuing gazing within her eyes, she began to open her mouth to protest when he took a chance and kissed her making her even weaker than before. As far as unwanted drunken kisses go it wasn’t the worst, she could have done without the taste of ale. Despite that she was a little disappointed when he broke the kiss.

“You can stay the night darling, but you have to let a man get some sleep.”

She found herself thanking him for allowing her to stay in her own apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Default

Bullock had a problem, and not one that could be solved using his boot, his biceps or his war axe. Chewing on his breakfast and drinking what the poor cart merchant claimed was coffee from the southern continent, he was pondering his fate and his problem. The other customers and the bald merchant clearly wanted him to move on, but Bullock wasn’t paying attention due to his problem...

Bullock had a woman problem. Not that he had that problem often, he usually took his side pay and paid for companionship to that nice woman with the long black hair, olive complexion and those tattoos that confused him when he looked at them too long. She tended to assign him her girls who had upset her to some extent and a Bullock didn’t mind. He got a discount and a free bath each time and sometimes more. And if someone caused trouble when he was near, he got to have some fun...

Back to his problem... His woman problem... This girl was different, this Pamela... Pamela Isis? Iseley? Isles... no Iseley... She was his problem. She and the fact that he awoke in a room not his own. He could have sworn he went to bed in his own room... but he didn’t awake there...

Bullock poured himself more “coffee” and snorted before beginning to patrol, really wander through the streets and look sternly at people. He needed advice... But he didn’t have a lot of people he trusted for advice... Maybe the new guy, Gordo... Gordon... yeah Gordon, if he is still alive... Bullock heard the new guy got hit. Didn’t deserve it. Hadn’t been in town to make big enough enemies for a hit. Maybe Montoya knew more...

Montoya? Nah, he couldn’t ask her for help with his problem... Can’t ask a woman how to do what is needed... how to... apologize...

Bullock found himself walking into the Pharasmian temple where Gordon was being treated. He passed Montoya sleeping on the row of chairs in the hallway. Crispus has just stepped out of the next door way with a hot cup of coffee. He had spent most of the night talking with Sister Leslie. The two of them quickly got to know each other well. Allen’s list of acquaintances were growing. You never know when you’ll need a healer in your corner who would know when to keep things a little more discrete.

“Harvey glad you... woah what happened to you last night?”

Bullock begins to recount the events of last night.

Last night was a blur for Harvey, he woke up in a strange bed alone. Shit! Sit he go home with someone? He got up as quietly as he could and started getting dressed. Harvey took in his surroundings the room he was in look relatively similar to his own. He crept out of the room glancing around, he stopped short he stopped short when he saw a beautiful woman asleep on the couch.

Shit. She was on the couch so he was pretty sure that the two of them didn’t have sex. He put his stuff near the door and went back to the room and pulled the thickest blanket off the bed. After covering her with it, he quickly grabbed his things and quickly left, locking the door on the way out.

The large half Minotaur made his way back to his actual apartment and realized the confusion as he saw the ‘9’ room number dangling upside down appearing to look like a ‘6’. He’d considered calling Jim to ask for advice then thought, “What the hell am I thinking? That guy’s life is just as a wreck.” Maybe he could buy her a house plant but she seemed like those but come to think of it she already has enough of those. Would she like another one? Maybe he should just buy her some flowers and apologize profusely for everything. Harvey began running his hands through his pockets, shit, he thought as he checked his coat. Keys.

Bullock took a deep breath and walked back towards the other apartment. The door opened before he could knock.

“Forgot your keys. Or were you returning to steal another kiss?” She smirked at the rather embarrassed detective.

“Both?” Harvey said, hey worth a shot.

She handed him his keys. “Maybe, ask me on a date first, then we’ll see.” She closed the door in his face.

“Yes ma’am,” Harvey whispered quietly in the empty hallway, smiling as he went back to his apartment door once more.

“When I got to the station to report in I heard about the LT so I thought I’d stop by and check in on him”. Harvey finishes then thinks back to the evening once more. “Huh, must have been some kiss, if only I could remember it.”

OOC

Allen: You have received a valuable connection with Sister Leslie. If you are ever in dire need of healing she’ll be able to help.

Bullock: You also have received a valuable connection. Lol. For a while anyway. One you’ll definitely need to set up a date later if you want more interaction with the sensual Ms. Pamela Isey. No Ivy yet

What would you two like to do now? Gotham is your sandbox.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 01-26-2020 at 03:30 AM.

Besides getting the basic layout of the area and general landmarks for orientation Bruce was unable to discern much more of the Beacons Point District. He did notice posters posted throughout the district of Mr Oswald Cobblepot running for another term as Lord Mayor. He will be debuting his campaign on a new air ship. The dirigible is scheduled to launch in two nights from tonight. That will certainly be a target for the Redhood gang. Just enough time to put some final touches on some equipment.

OOC

Bruce’s Knowledge Local Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+8) [10]
    Make a few craft checks to see if you can alter or prepare any equipment you think you might need.

Feel free to list a few things you would like (ie retractable cable on your grappling bow, some type of gliding mechanism) and depending on your roll we’ll see what we come up with.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 01-26-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Having done all he can, Crispus leaves Gordon in the care of Sister Leslie and goes to find his partner. Once he's sure that Montoya is okay (and once he has convinced her that he is also okay), he heads home to get some rest before reporting to work the following morning.

Jim came to with a strangled scream; the pain was overwhelming, but soon settled in his uninsured side and leg. Right, stab wounds and savior deep contusions, most likely some internal bleeding. He quickly regained his composure, as memory came back, even though he was pretty hazy on the details. Not a hospital, his brain told him, taking in the dead bodies. Did he die as come back?

He was confused, but confused was good, because it led to anger; don’t let them see you’re terrified, he thought. They did not break you. He couldn’t let anyone see that he was in pain, only Barbara was allowed to see him vulnerable.

He swung his legs over the side of the table, determined to get up, whether his battered body agreed or not. He had work to do. Jim looked for his clothes but when he found them cut open and unwearable he needed to find something.

OOC
    Alright Gordon’s back on his feet. Hope you are too Krivak. Maybe you two can relate. It’s time to pay someone a visit. But first we need to find some clothes. If you are back and ready for some action, where do you want to look first? Or just sneak home?

7. Default

“Morning boss,” Harvey says from the corner, “You look better than I thought you would look when I heard what happened. What’s the plan?”

Harvey wanted to hear some anger tinged with intelligence. Need a plan, need to know who did it and need an alibi for when the bodies are made and disposed into the harbour. They pull a club, you pull a knife... They pull a knife, you pull an axe... They put you in the hospital, you put them in the morgue... Well... In the morgue permanently...

By the goddes, Gordo needs... “Boss, should I wake Montoyaup to get some clothes for you or should we ask the sister for something the dead ain’t using any more...”

8. Default Chapter 1: Zero Year

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    Besides getting the basic layout of the area and general landmarks for orientation Bruce was unable to discern much more of the Beacons Point District. He did notice posters posted throughout the district of Mr Oswald Cobblepot running for another term as Lord Mayor. He will be debuting his campaign on a new air ship. The dirigible is scheduled to launch in two nights from tonight. That will certainly be a target for the Redhood gang. Just enough time to put some final touches on some equipment.

OOC

Bruce’s Knowledge Local [roll0]
    Make a few craft checks to see if you can alter or prepare any equipment you think you might need.

Feel free to list a few things you would like (ie retractable cable on your grappling bow, some type of gliding mechanism) and depending on your roll we’ll see what we come up with.

Bracing himself against the thought that his inexperience has him left without knowledge as he decides to follow the most likely track of a villains upcoming infamy.

He futures to his Batcave in order to enlist Alfreds assistance in assembling tools that he may need in what is sure to be quite the skirmish.

“Alfred, I’ll need your help and brew something to keeps us awake. There’s no time for rest when this city stews in its own filth.

We need to assemble:”

Flash bangs
    Retractable cable for grapple
    Smoke Bombs
    Stun bolts
    Sleeping Darts
    Sleep Grenades
    Bolos
    And Batarangs

[roll]d20[/roll]
    [roll]d20[/roll]
    [roll]d20[/roll]
    [roll]d20[/roll]

[roll]d20[/roll]
    [roll]d20[/roll]
    [roll]d20[/roll]
    [roll]d20[/roll]

Last edited by MTpaladin; 02-06-2020 at 11:21 PM.

OOC
    I’ll get those for you. You’ll get the hang of it one of these times.

I know you are anxious to get to a batcave and throw some baterangs. That’s coming soon. But right now your at a location within one of the lower districts of Gotham.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [11] - Flash bangs - FAIL
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [15] - Retractable cable for grapple - FAIL
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [20] - Smoke Bombs - SUCCESS
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [7] - Stun bolts - FAIL
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [22] - Sleeping Darts - SUCCESS
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [20] - Sleep Grenades - FAIL
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [23] - Bolos - SUCCESS
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [12] - Batarangs - FAIL

Not terrible for your first craft checks. Now you have something.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 02-23-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    By the goddes, Gordo needs... “Boss, should I wake Montoyaup to get some clothes for you or should we ask the sister for something the dead ain’t using any more...”
    Gordon struggle to sit. “Oh Bullock, no don’t wake up Montoya, just see if you can find some clothes. I can’t go home and let Barbara see me like this.” His voice low and hoarse.

Bullock quickly steps out and peeks down the hall. There just so happens to be a pile of clothes still in decent condition. Quickly stepping back in the large detective helps the lieutenant get dressed.

“Did you bring a wagon? We’ve got a stop to make.”

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast