Thread: [OOC] It would be better if...

Default [OOC] It would be better if...

The GM always works with, not against, the players. A game that is not fun is no longer a game - it's a chore.

How is everybody doing? Having fun? If not, tell me how I can make it better. Even if you are having fun, go ahead and still tell me if there's something you'd love to see in this game.

That's what this thread will be for. Go ahead and pop in at any time about anything and weigh in. Games should be as fun as possible for everyone involved.

I'm still having fun.

I do admit that its strange to be in a group where the DM has 3 NPC characters in it.... (Something I've not encountered before now most DMs hate to run NPCs except to give info then depart). But I'm sort of getting used to it. I still keep expecting the Captain to be..... a Captain at times and lead.... especially at these early stages, since my guy is traditionally a loner. So trying to work out how to fit into a group (something he wants to do) is all part of his Character Development. He still just 'expects' a 'certain authority' to just tell him what to do.....

As he gains experience he will develop more confidence and need that direction less and less... as he will come to know how the group thinks and acts as one.

So from me - at this point. Its all good and I am happy to see where it continues to go.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

3. Default

So far I'm having a great time! (Unrelated, sorry if my posts have been short lately. I'm moving into my dorm this weekend so I've been almost exclusively on mobile until I get my PC up and running again).

Like Scymon, I'm still trying to work out 100% how Gallant fits into the group and how I'd like to play him. His character has changed a lot from my initial concept because I decided playing a quiet and single-minded character focused only on crushing evil wasn't necessarily the most enjoyable spin on the character for me. I'm still trying to find my "voice" as far as roleplaying is concerned, but I'm sure that will come with time.

Drew, I've got no complaints for you whatsoever! I really love that you're giving us a lot of freedom to just explore (I have no idea what your initial plan was with the current situation, but I for one was not expecting it to go the way it has). That kind of freedom is so much fun and, while it would be nice to see a more visible broader story develop at some point, really lets us get deep into the characters at this early stage.

So, like I already said, no complaints to far!

You guys are too kind. I wasn't fishing for compliments when I made this thread so please don't feel like you need to do that, lol. Just look at this place as somewhere that you can come to talk about things you've liked in your previous games, things you'd like to have happen in this one, and things that maybe would be cool to see for your characters. Please feel free to totally criticize (harshly, even) anything that makes the game off-putting or less fun for you and I'll do my best to tailor it for maximum group fun.

I hear you looking for a broader narrative, so one will begin to develop soon.

Making Alec a full-on captain was my mistake. I probably should have seen it coming but I didn't. I decided not to trouble you guys by retconning it and you are all doing an excellent job slowly moving out from under his direct command and into your own. Soon the party won't have a clear, defined leader anymore. We'll all just work as a group.
    Giving him two other cohorts may have also been a mistake. You guys have not needed as much of a safety net as I thought you would. But to be honest, I'm having fun coming up with flimsy excuses for them to not be participants in some battles.

I'll echo the others, Drew. So far, this is a great game. Good pace, interesting twists and turns, and as previously stated, you may well be one of the only people I know and trust enough to run GMPCs without anything ever feeling railroad-y.

Now, I don't know how invested my cleric is in this whole adventuring thing yet...but I'm fully invested. You keep making a story, Drew, and I'll keep playing in it.