Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 56.3 Grey Sight

Althir knew that his promise to the Grey Seers might be a hollow promise. The warlock had hoped the threat of death at the hands of the Grey Seers would keep the passions of his companions in check. The fendari also knew that arguing about such would be an endless argument without resolution. The redhead resolved that a meeting with Cormack, Ivar, and Hildegard would be necessary.

Althir responded to Walden, "Research enabled us to gain the secret of the conduit. But as to the way it works, the Grey Seer I met explained that the dragons were formed from the thoughts of the gods and were the closest thing to a child for the gods. That relationship is why a conduit is completed by the use of a dragon bone." Althir touched the dragon bone that was part of his belt. The Grey Seer said if we wished a dragon ally against Gwyrrd then we should go to God's Home."

Blog Entries

"Dragons and gods all sound like fairy tales to me," Walden says. "And yet, so do purple worms and liches, and the amazing ale that Axar makes. I think I'm starting to believe that many of the fables I heard when I was young are actually real someplace in the world. And it makes me wonder what else is true in this world."

Ivar merely looks amused.

"Well, They have no problems with me blabbing about the conduits. I only know you guys and the boys in my business. And while I would swear Percy is near magical with numbers, I know its not actual magic."

He shoots a sideways look

"As it is, the only one of us who has blabbed outside the circle without talking about it first is the one ironically now claiming they are more trouble than they were worth."

He sighs

"But, one thing is for sure, we need to get those of us still without them; a dragon bone so they can have one. So, with that in mind; Is this information about a dragon ally in Gods Home something we should actively pursue next? We have seemed a bit aimless lately.... and while I both dread and welcome Runt's ghost paying us another visit.... I am at a loss on how to find his murderer".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Althir replied, "After completing our business here we should return to Jasrel. Part of that return will be to search for Runt's killer. As to God's Home, we'll need to go eventually."

"Dragons are no mere tale, Walden."

Maybe it's that he's keeping his scarred face covered, but a fire jumps into Cormack's eyes like you've never seen.

What follows is a rapid dump of information on the history of dragons, including sightings that are likely myth as well as a flurry of details that Cormack obviously knows by heart. After rattling off a small book of facts, he pauses to take a breath and then realizing that he's been going on for some time. He then says, "I've studied."

He then sits down.

OOC:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHistory for content - (1d20+9) (8) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerformance for delivery - (1d20+1) (3) [4]

Having reclaimed his Lute before this meeting - Ivar had been simply holding it, waiting for a time to pluck its strings in practice. His thoughts alternating between confusion and anger at the faceless entities declaring such threats against him and his friends.

Then Cormack had started speaking about Dragons.

He listened to Cormack - It was hard not to - Watched his gestures..... tried hard not to flinch when a few of those gestures had become so grandiose, he was near to plucking Walden's eye out. And basically struggled to keep everything straight in his mind.

When Cormack utters the final bit about having 'studied'.... Ivar knows he has a somewhat dumbstruck expression upon his face.

His thumb can't help but twang a string on the lute as a filler to the awkward silence that seems to have arisen.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Hildegard nods at Ivar's insight.

Blog Entries

"Well, that was a lot of information, Cormack," Walden says with a bored yawn. "I feel like you were trying to scare me, but... well... we beat a purple worm, and a dragon is just a different kind and color of a worm, so let's go for it. I think we can beat one."

Walden pauses, considers, and continues, "I mean, I guess it does seem pretty dangerous now that I think about it. But I guess that's what the ale is for -- to sharpen the reflexes and dull the terror, eh?"

Althir said, "We'll need to discuss Cormack's knowledge of dragons before we depart for God's Home. As to Walden's observation, he is wrong. Gwyrrd is no green worm, she is ancient dragon willing and capable of killing her own kind. Let Zavros tell you about Gwyrrd's power."

10. Default

From the telling of the tales of Dragons, or at least what Cormack knew of them--which seemed to be alot more than mere laymen knew, one could almost infer that the different dragons were aligned somehow with the imprisoned gods. Take for instance what Cormack knows about Green dragons--sometimes called Forest dragons, and that they were more neutral in ethos and more than likely linked to Seryth than any other god. They were not necessarily evil, no more than a bear defending their territory.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast