Thread: Stirring up a Game...Planning

1. Default Stirring up a Game...Planning

So I wanted to post something to try and get some ideas going about future games and see if I have any common interests with anyone else on here, hope this is the right place for it. Feel free to post anything you've been looking for or any setting that your interested in.

So here's some of the things I've been looking for in a game, unfortunately I can only do PBP Because of time restraints, but I'm interested in a lot of different systems and I've got a lot of books , or can at least re download them. Pathfinder and 5E are always fun and I'd like to do a game in the actual Pathfinder setting, or maybe an island hoping world.

I'm really interested in AMP: Year One too. Big X-Men fan and I appreciate the way they set up their world.

Fading Suns is another I picked up all the books for and satisfies my interest in space exploration and the comradery of being on a ship like Firefly/Serenity. Played a lot of the Serenity RPG, had a lot of fun, but was never really sold on the system.

Got a lot of smaller ones I'm interest in too.
    -Don't Rest Your Head
    -The One Ring - Of which I greatly enjoyed an adventure I played on here.
    -TMNT and Other Strangeness - I actually found a copy of this and it's crazy and kinda cool
    -Wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a good system for a Harry Potter game...
    -And finally very self serving and fanboyish, but I wanted to do an RPG set in FMA:Brotherhood's world that takes place after the events of the show. Basically wanted to play a chimera or alchemist detective trying to clean up the remnants of wild alchemical experiments and such from the previous government.

Blog Entries

Pathfinder and D&D 5e always get interest from people here. No matter the setting. We are suffering from a profound lack of dm's that have space in their schedule for more games.
    The others you mentioned...
    I played Fading Suns loooong ago. Must be almost 20 years ago I think. Don't recall much of it except that I liked it.
    Don't know the others.

If anyone would run it I would very much be interested in the new Kult rpg. It's always been a favorite of mine though I don't have the time to take on running a game of it atm.
    Same goes for Cyberpunk (though I don't have the new edition yet) and SLA industries.
    And the 2nd editions of White Wolf's Mage: The Ascension and Changeling: the Dreaming.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Mage: The Ascension is an ideal system to run Harry Potter in. Some of my friends IRL are doing it so it must work.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

3. Default

I was looking through the 5e settings and I've played, DMed, and loved Ebberon, played Forgotten Realms and was unimpressed, I'm quite interested in Ravnica since reading about it in Magic.

Would definitely be down for a Harry Potter game in the Mage system. I've heard about it, but never actually used it.

I've never managed to start a successful cyberpunk genre game. Tried playing Shadowrun 4th a few times, but I got stumped by rules in CC, which usually doesn't happen to me.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling, I'm extremely tired....

Blog Entries

Shadowrun isn't cyberpunk.
    It's faeries and unicorns with guns.
    Sorry, cyberpunk purist here.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Wake the f*** up, Samurai. We have a city to burn.

For applying magic and power systems to preexisting rule sets, if you're comfortable with massaging mechanics slightly to fit lore, I'd suggest apocalypse world or fate. I'd also suggest focusing a bit more what you want out of the system before going full bore in reskinning anything. Lots of fate and powered by the apocalypse games out there, one might be closer to what you want already you might just have to change a name or such.

For example the proposed FMA detective cleaning up dangerous experiments sounds a lot like just a monster of the week. Change use magic move to use alchemy and boom I think we got you there in one.

That said, if we're just listing our rpg Christmas list...

Burning wheel for a more gritty Arthurian fantasy / political intrigue game... Although I guess saying game of thrones would be more timely branding... I think. I didn't watch it.

Spectaculars because why not go completely in the other direction. To be fair, I am more interested in the pulp comics black science adventure than the straight super hero lean. Jonny quest, lost in space, Indian Jones to a lesser extent comes to mind.

Blades in the dark, but hacked to San Andreas. Don't get me wrong, I love Duskvol, one of my favorite settings. I just hate whispers... Haha no that's only mostly true, but seriously I would like a game that focused less on the cool setting and explored the cool turf mechanics a bit more. Starting as a small gang, building an underground empire sounds fun.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Regina Thorn: The Savage : The Fallow Hills Frontier

Ken: The timelordgod : Carrion-Crown

Kosj: the Plague: One Shot Wonders

Wanna blades in the dark? PM me looking to put together a game.

Looking for a 5E game to call her own - Xanice Gemviper

Default Stirring up a Game...Planning

You look like an individual shares a lot of interest in the same things as I do.

Hop over to the Recruiting Office. I just posted a Recruiting for a Pathfinder Fantasy Batman. Iíve got two others interested but Iím trying to still get a few others to fill the cast and fit everyone into their best characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk