Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mission: Hostile Takeover

Blog Entries

"They don't breathe and silver powder is more dense than air.", Oparal replies, thinking, "Perhaps sulfuric compounds from garlic... no, they are too unstable for prolonged use. There are always mirrors and holy symbols."

"I will be using my own sword, thank you. That said, there are a few spells that can be used to apply the effects of silver to a weapon - something I have used in the past, but only on scrollwork." She looks to Sarvine. Well. "Fire is always a great equalizer, from what I know."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 09-30-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    "I will be using my own sword, thank you. That said, there are a few spells that can be used to apply the effects of silver to a weapon - something I have used in the past, but only on scrollwork."
    "We are strapped for money so buying scrolls is not an option at the moment. Do you require silver coating for your weapon or are you able to emulate its effects on your own?", Oparal repeats the question and also looks at Natan and Tarrah.

4. Default

Tarrah nods solemnly. She claps her hands and a blue plume of ki energy blooms before fizzling away. "My fists will suffice."

[Level 12: Unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons, cold iron, silver, and lawful for the purposes of overcoming DR]

"One more thing. This is a bit of a future concern, but are there any remedies or at least wards against the curse of vampirism? It would be important if any of us turn. Or if we want to cure any of the victims later."
    [Knowledge: Religion:]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+9) [19]
    Current Character List:

Mekhi, Level 4 LG Human Oracle of Bones
    Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1620402

Tarrah, Level 10 LN Unchained Monk
    Str
    18 (+4) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3) Int 10 Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659670

Blog Entries

Natan ponders her question. "That seems a bit premature, to me," he says. "We're not ready to fight him, because we don't yet know when or how we're going to kill him. How about this?" he asks. "First, we meet Yuki. Then we meet the Dark Folk. Combined, those seem like the best avenues to go down, in terms of locating the coffin. Afterward, we can reassess."

"Agreed?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veryhappymango View Post
    Tarrah nods solemnly. She claps her hands and a blue plume of ki energy blooms before fizzling away. "My fists will suffice."

[Level 12: Unarmed attacks are treated as magic weapons, cold iron, silver, and lawful for the purposes of overcoming DR]

"One more thing. This is a bit of a future concern, but are there any remedies or at least wards against the curse of vampirism? It would be important if any of us turn. Or if we want to cure any of the victims later."
    [Knowledge: Religion:]
    [roll0]
    "Yes, through research I have done before regarding Eris, a true resurrection spell can restore a vampire or a lich to their original living state. Death ward protects against their draining attacks and protection from evil from their dominating gaze."

Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Natan ponders her question. "That seems a bit premature, to me," he says. "We're not ready to fight him, because we don't yet know when or how we're going to kill him. How about this?" he asks. "First, we meet Yuki. Then we meet the Dark Folk. Combined, those seem like the best avenues to go down, in terms of locating the coffin. Afterward, we can reassess."

"Agreed?"
    "However or whenever we fight, ready or not, you will find your non-silvered weapons ineffective against Vance or any vampires he has sired, reassessing will not change that unless we can easily force them inside a river or expose them to sunlight for awhile, an unlikely possibility. The silver coatings are cheap as it is and, while we have no money to spare, I can conjure them from the components my robe has created at no cost. Also, we will not ask directly about the coffin for the same reason we are not letting Maynard know. As far as anyone outside this room is concerned, we are just launching an attack against Red Flags, Vance does not exist. I also want you to expect a preemptive attack while recruiting, the more people there are that know about the attack, the less likely it is that the Red Flags will not hear about it. If even one of you gets turned into a vampire, Vance will learn everything."

"Speaking of prevention, Eris is a liability that has to be neutralized. I was thinking simply walling her in while she is in her coffin during the day should suffice, unless someone has a better idea?"

Blog Entries

Natan waves away most of Oparal's suggestion. "There are shops on the way to Tengutown. We can quickly stock up on what we need. Silvered bolts are easy to come by—three gold for ten," he recounts his recollection as if it's routine.

Blog Entries

The walk to tengutown is a long one, now that you have your hq in the cushy guilds district. You pass through the shadow of the Mysthaven necropolis and arrive in the afternoon at the crowded oriental district. Even before you can actually step over the streets that functions as it's outer border you are intercepted by a squad of Five Feathers. They emerge seemingly from the faceless crowd populating the district like apparitions stepping out of fog.
    There's five of them, dressed in black robes over masterwork armor and each of them sporting a jingasa.
    The one that addresses you is human and he calls out loudly:
    "Halt White Star! You have no business in Tengutown. You are not permitted access!"
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Natan steps to the fore of the group. He does not intend to raise his voice in public. "We have important matters to discuss," the dhampir says in his characteristically soft voice, but in a measured, precise tone that does not suggest an eagerness to negotiate. "It may implicate the fate or fortune of the Five Feathers, and can only be done in Tengutown. We don't wish to open old wounds, or carve new ones. That member…" He pronounces the words slowly, seeking not to mention Tsukohari's name. "…Is no longer affiliated with us. Speak to whomever you need to speak to. We require access, and we will gain it. We are not yet late for our appointment, and so we can wait."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Natan waves away most of Oparal's suggestion. "There are shops on the way to Tengutown. We can quickly stock up on what we need. Silvered bolts are easy to come by—three gold for ten," he recounts his recollection as if it's routine.
    Before everyone leaves, Lavinia casts status on three randomly chosen party members.

"Very well, good luck.", Oparal leaves them , then Lavinia teleports them to Maynard's HQ inside Oparal's old room. Lavinia begins monitoring Maynard and Eris through the statues while Oparal rests for two hours.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast