Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Hostile Takeover

Blog Entries

Default Mission: Hostile Takeover

The Red Flag waves over the Outskirts, keeping the Despot's order. Oh sure, they're employed by the guilds and the nobles but you have been made aware of their true patron.
    But now... A predator has the banner in it's sights. Will the Red Flag stand or will it turn white?
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Oparal starts casting a spell in their library, grabbing for created pieces of silver from her robe. For the next ten minutes, the pieces of silver slowly arranged themselves on the floor until they formed a silver mirror, which she takes and hangs on the wall.

(spending 333.33 gp from material components created by robe of components and casting fabricate to create a silver mirror worth 1000 gp, Authentic Forum Dice-rollcraft metalworking - (10+12) [22] , needed as a focus for scrying)

Oparal then heads to the common room.

Blog Entries

In the common room, Natan leans against a chair, arms folded. Tarsus has not yet returned from wherever, but there is no sense of concern about that. "Alright," Natan says to the assembled White Star outfit in his characteristically measured way. He wastes no time in getting to the matter, "I think it would be unwise to share our knowledge of the origin of the Red Flag, or its founder, with anyone outside this room who doesn't already know." He looks at each of the people, but lands on Sarvine, who, as the most veteran member present, is the closest thing to a ranking officer they have. "If the wrong ears hear it, it will get back to the man, and our lives will be in greater danger than they are now."

"I think Tarsus was right," he explains further. "We should start with middle-management and work our way to the top. If this 'Yuki' is still interested in making a play for power, we can use her ambition to gather information, and amass strength."
    Last edited by theScrappy; 09-13-2019 at 04:21 PM.

"From a purely political viewpoint, I would also find out any enemies the Red Flag have that would benefit from their downfall." Sitting calmly in a chair in the Common Area, Ida is... in a dress, and glasses, things deposited into her room. Evidently, she presents quite well when off-duty.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

"I need Maynard's help to find out how Vance looked. With the sheer amount of magical power at our disposal, we can make sure no one beside Maynard will know, and I am sure he is reasonable enough to not jeopardize his daughter's freedom by talking about it. We can even have Elsa say it is an important clue that might help her find out about her father instead of revealing the reason if that is our most pressing concern. After that, it is simply a matter of making Vance disappear. Without relying on help from outsiders.", Oparal says the last word as if she was speaking of rotting garbage, her paranoia ever present.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    "From a purely political viewpoint, I would also find out any enemies the Red Flag have that would benefit from their downfall." Sitting calmly in a chair in the Common Area, Ida is... in a dress, and glasses, things deposited into her room. Evidently, she presents quite well when off-duty.
    Oparal nods in agreement.

Blog Entries

After the meeting, Oparal visits Maynard in his base of operations. She casts enter image to take a look around the entire building, using the statues she originally placed all around the place. Before entering his office she casts see invisibility and, after looking around, also casts illusory walls, surrounding them from all sides, followed by silent table on her ioun torch. She explains to him what the others are worried about concerning Vance and his daughter, then asks him to describe Vance to her while she adjusts a silent image until he confirms the image looks the same as he remembers him. She then immediately casts a permanent image that looks like Vance and while she's at it, also asks Maynard if he has something that belonged to Vance or a piece of his body and if he would like to come with them to see his fellow White Star member once more.

After that, she fabricates a canvas from stuff from her robe by using magic ([roll1]). Then she casts another fabricate to create a head to toe portrait of Vance while looking at the permanent image of him, the paints also provided from her robe [roll2] (let's say it costs 1.67 gp for crafting materials for the canvas and the paints, the canvas is 1sp per square yard).

When she is done, she dismisses the permanent image and casts shrink item on the canvas, puts it in her backpack and dismisses illusory walls, then teleports back to their fortress, bringing Maynard along if he wishes to join them. Once in the library, she dismisses the shrinking spell and hangs the portrait next to the silver mirror.

Preparations complete, she finishes by casting enter image, finding where each of her companions is within the fortress and informing them through the miniature statues that a scrying mirror and Vance's portrait are both ready in the library.

Blog Entries

(delayed again)

Lavinia is first to show up at the library: "Well, look at you, Opal, so fancy and magical! And in more ways than one.", she says seductively. After a pause, she continues: "Listen, while you were busy with company business, I got a chance to take a closer look at my look-alike. It's... weird, I guess, to watch a construct that's sentient. It watched back. So, we started talking and it's more than that, it also has some of my memories, not quite my personality, but there's a certain familiarity to it, seems surreal, like as if a doll of you was kiiind of like you, but not quite like you."

Oparal sighs and turns around: "I... just could not let go of the best thing that has ever happened to me, Lav. I could not let go of y...", she inhales and closes her eyes to stop the tears from escaping. Before she opens them, she can feel Lavinia's arms around her: "Shhh, I know, I know, it's alright. I understand. The others should be here soon, we can talk about it later.", she pats her before letting her go. "Gods, you're beautiful even when you're sad.", Lavinia adds which manages to draw a smile from Oparal's face, "You are just impossible.", she shakes her head, kisses Lavinia's lips gently, then with urgent need.

9. Default

Tarrah fidgets with her hands, mumbling a koan as she considers the idea. "I like the idea of gathering information, even if the magic element isn't my forte. What happens if Maynard isn't reasonable, for some reason? Beings lose clarity when their emotions run high. What's our exit plan if things go off the rails?"

Tarrah cracks her knuckles. "Other than the usual thing, I mean."
    Current Character List:

Mekhi, Level 4 LG Human Oracle of Bones
    Str 10 Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 Int 14 (+2) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 15 (+2)https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1620402

Tarrah, Level 10 LN Unchained Monk
    Str
    18 (+4) Dex 16 (+3) Con 16 (+3) Int 10 Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1659670

Blog Entries

Oparal shakes her head: "No, most of you do not know the man that well, but I have seen him keep a level head through much worse. Men like him are few and far between. The better question is if he knows something we do not or has a conflicting priority we are not aware of, in which case he would still remain completely focused, but perhaps on something we do not foresee. Thankfully, we have some lovely divine assistance to help us find out.", she smiles in Lavinia's direction.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast