Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Mission: Hostile Takeover

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,636
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    - "They've stopped moving.", Lavinia informs Oparal, who was focused on keeping an eye on the entire outskirts HQ, Maynard included. "Should I get a visual?"
    - "Anybody injured?", she replies, straining her concentration.
    - "No, at least not yet."
    - "Do not bother, then. If they stay there for a long time, let me know.", Oparal says and returns to the task at hand.





  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    The man seems to struggle with a tough choice for a moment.
    "Have a seat, I'll prepare your lunches most expeditiously." he decides as he nods, seeming to have reached a conclusion. He speaks true as it doesn't take long for a bowl of steaming ramen to be brought out to each of you present. Under Sarvine's bowl is placed an inconspicuous piece of paper with a short message on it:
    Yuki bolthole: Butcher's Avenue, house with blue door.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #63

    Default

    ... well. When in Tengutown... Ida is blowing on the broth, sucking up noodles. Lunch is good, at least, while they're here.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    While eating her soup, Sarvine takes the chance to use message to quietly tell everyone else what was written on the note. She was in full paranoia mode and was taking as few chances as possible that they might be followed or be walking into a trap.

    *sluuuuuuuurp*

    "So everyone ready to go after we're done eating? And maybe finish that chore I told you about earlier?"
    She says in a painfully blunt attempt at subtlety.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Natan nods reluctantly. "I'm not sure this really was the best food in Tengutown."




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Taking the hint from the note you pack up and leave the eatery only to be escorted back out of Tengutown by the waiting Five Feathers. No doubt your visit will be relayed to the Five Feathers leadership but at the moment, what's the harm in that? Following the note's directions you head out to the butcher's district of which a minority of you may still have some icky memories. Or your predecessors may have.
    You need to ask around a few times in the drab districts smelling of blood and excrement until you locate the only house in the district with a very distinct regal blue front door. It's a narrow abode wedged between two large slaughterhouses in a haphazard manner. Lacking a second floor you can't imagine this offer much space inside
    Being your customary suspicious selves though, some among you easily notice the magical aura coming off the door. It's faint and you only see it (by using Detect Magic) because the paint on the door is chipped in places letting the magical power seep through. This paint would have cost whoever used it quite a pretty penny not to mention the cost of the actual door itself seeing that there is significantly advanced conjuration magics bound to it.
    In front of the door, in the mud and seemingly ignored by the industrious residents of the Butcher's districts lays a smattering of clothes and apparel, emblazoned with the Red Flag emblem. They have been walked over and trodden into the mud.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  7. #67

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKn. Arcana - (1d20+6) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpellcraft - (1d20+6) [11]

    Not really knowing the district well, Ida follows the lead of the others, crinkling her nose. At least she has her sword back so that's nice. Still, she does check, and then attempts to identify the magic for sure. "That is both a positive and negative sign. I have this feeling that the door kills Red Flags, but that could just be wishful thinking, and I don't want to end up as a pile of armor."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    "No," Natan grimaces. "It's worse. I suspect this door is for people who have mutinied against the Red Flag." He looks around at the others. "They may be useful to our ends, yet, but not in the way I expected." He collects himself and looks at the door. "Shall we?""Shall we?"




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "Or we could, you know, look for a backdoor." Sarvine suggests. "Who says this is the only entrance? This place probably has a backdoor or two we could use to see inside and get some information from. I would rather do that than walk over something that more than likely only kills Red Flags, but I don't like taking chances." She says as she studies the arcane energies. First thing was making sure it was only triggered by Red Flag members, and not by something else like race or weight.

    Know. Arcana- Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+23 ) [25]

    Spellcraft-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( d20+20) [29]
    Last edited by GhoulRising; 01-14-2020 at 07:19 PM. Reason: WOW


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,370
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    There is one spell intrinsically linked to the door; woven into it even. It's a conjuration spell that... It makes stepping through the door become an act of inter-planar travel probably leading to a small linked plane. Though the only way to be sure of that is to actually step through it. No restrictions are obvious. Apparently anyone who steps through the door activates the gate.
    There was another spell woven over the door but it has been expended and only fragments remain. This one too was of the conjuration school but instead of facilitating travel this actually brought something from another plane into the one. Whatever it was, it's spent now.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •