Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 56 OOC

1. Default

That was quick

What next?

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    That was quick

What next?
    Since the spider died so quickly, can Axar just keep his rage going (the rope should be tied around him still) and str save through the room to clear a path? He would just keep swinging.

3. Default

I'd say no. I ended combat because the threat is gone, but you really don't know that except after a bit of time because there could be more spiders and they haven't decided to attack and if we were still in combat rounds, I kinda doubt you would run off to attack webbing.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Since the spider died so quickly, can Axar just keep his rage going (the rope should be tied around him still) and str save through the room to clear a path? He would just keep swinging.

Default Chapter 56 OOC

I'd say no. I ended combat because the threat is gone, but you really don't know that except after a bit of time because there could be more spiders and they haven't decided to attack and if we were still in combat rounds, I kinda doubt you would run off to attack webbing.
    While I will go with your ruling, I would have personally thought the opposite. This is Axarís last rage, and I would have probably tried to keep it going beyond one round in hopes of doubling back if something else appeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Default

So you want me to continue the combat rounds until you're satisified that combat is over? We can do that, but it will slow down the game. I and probably a lot of other DM's end a combat when it's obvious that a combat is over, there are no enemies around, and to expedite the flow of the game--all of which isn't going to happen in 6 seconds. It kinda sounds like Meta-gaming if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    While I will go with your ruling, I would have personally thought the opposite. This is Axar’s last rage, and I would have probably tried to keep it going beyond one round in hopes of doubling back if something else appeared.

Default Chapter 56 OOC

So you want me to continue the combat rounds until you're satisified that combat is over? We can do that, but it will slow down the game. I and probably a lot of other DM's end a combat when it's obvious that a combat is over, there are no enemies around, and to expedite the flow of the game--all of which isn't going to happen in 6 seconds. It kinda sounds like Meta-gaming if you ask me.
    Okay. As I said I would accept your ruling. If I was trying to meta-game, I wouldn't have went into rage based off of one spider attacking. Axar didn't know there was only one spider and would have responded based on instinct, which is what he did.

Last edited by zebsen; 08-28-2019 at 11:18 PM.

7. Default

Whats the plan...

I assume as we have been...

Sully - Spider Searching the nooks and crannies and telling us if there's any crates or barrels or anything interesting really.

The rest of us.. rope and dope and hack n slash our way through.....

And deal with any more creepy crawlies or *insert other things that need to die* as we go.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

9. Default

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    I assume as we have been...

Sully - Spider Searching the nooks and crannies and telling us if there's any crates or barrels or anything interesting really.

The rest of us.. rope and dope and hack n slash our way through.....

And deal with any more creepy crawlies or *insert other things that need to die* as we go.

Is the loewin corpse barefoot?

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast