Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 10.5: A note of warning

1. Default

"I do not know," Vort says, "my memory is coming back to me sporadically. I was kinda drunk the time I was here last."

2. Default

“Drunk?” repeats Kalthanar. “You survived this place drunk?”

3. Default Chapter 10.5: A note of warning

Vort nods to Brandon and says to Kal, ďIím a virtual sexual tyrannosaurus when drunk and nigh unstoppable.Ē

Hrothgar laughs.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Hrothgar lets the others search the desk. For himself he stands watching the 3 doors and the walls of the Eastern room. Awaiting the others, and hopefully directions, as to where they will go next in order to continue their search of this place.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Rian stands watch as well. The paladin hopes that Vort's memory returns and he's able to remember what other dangers await them.

With Vort's help, Brandon is able to decipher the ancient text, which begins to crumble in their hands as they turn the pages. Brandon notes that it is a list of names and assigned numbers. It almost looks to him like the names here were sorted for something, and maybe as they explore further, that "something" will be more clear, but for now it's incomplete. Vort is able to clearly detail that the names are all dwarven in nature, and appear to be sorted via clans and further via divisions, which is a ranking system of clans based on their standing and contribution to dwarven society.

Kalthanar looks through the desk and can't find any secret panels. He does, however, note that this entire room appears to at one time have been a secret room. Both arches to the east and west of the small foyer appear to have doors that are presently depressed down into the floor. The stairs and this room appear to be hidden. The room that Hrothgar is presently guarding would have been the last room visible to anyone that didn't look carefully.

It takes about 15 long minutes to make sense of the book. There are other, more recent, dwarven papers scattered around the desk seemingly randomly that could be examined.

8. Default

Vort rubs his head--reading made it hurt. "Time to press on. East, through that far doorway is what I remember. Anyone want to check out those side rooms? We can always come back to them, after we find the hammer. Oh yeah, I remember a hammer down that way," pointing east.

ooc: proceeding east unless everyone wants to check out side rooms. Same marching order.

9. Default

“We should focus all of our efforts on the hammer for now,” replies Kalthanar.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast