Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 10: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    You can write about the pick up of the bracers.... I will add more rations to my pack/s later. I think Hrothgars background allows him to forage/hunt .... so along the way he can do that as well to help keep us fed....assuming the land has such things that apply -

Outlander
    Feature: Wanderer
    You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Yep, you could use the outlander trait here to supplement food. If you truly are trying to feed 5 every day though, it would slow you down while you hunted, foraged, etc. Given it would go slower, my guess is that you'll want to spring on rations, but it's up to you.

Oh ill get rations... I was just remembering it in case we wanted to supplement along the way.... either there or on the way back afterwards....Since I know I can carry a fair bit... its more so those who cant carry as much know that there is an option if things get dire.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Oh ill get rations... I was just remembering it in case we wanted to supplement along the way.... either there or on the way back afterwards....Since I know I can carry a fair bit... its more so those who cant carry as much know that there is an option if things get dire.
    Or for a very bad day of white water rafting capsizing...

4. Default

You would think with all these obstacles, Lewis and Clark would have never been accomplished. It's not like we're base jumping. All it's going to do is take time and with Divination that should cut that time down considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I would agree that it's survival. Natural hazards is what I would call this.

Regardless, there are a few challenges that I hinted at before:
    -your horses will have a chance to go lame. It won't be as bad as if it's to the far east of the Spire River, which is heavy mountains, but it is a realistic chance in rough terrain.
    -coming out at from the west as you're doing isn't going to make it navigable via canoe. If you head east and realize that you missed it and want to back track west to try a different fork, you could canoe it back though.
    -the key thing here is how you get the canoes out of the room. It doesn't have to be a constructed wall that the doorknob is pressed to, but it needs to be vertical within a few degrees and large/flat enough for a door to form. That will rule out most trees. Rocks could work, but it's not a given that you will find a sheer vertical rock face easily. It's definitely possible though.

If you do try the whitewater rafting part, you would be breaking up into two boats. Only someone skilled in survival can help others. I would assign difficulties to sections of the river and the most skilled person in the boat would roll survival (again 2 with help if applicable). Failure will cause the canoe to capsize, probably a dex save to avoid minor damage, and a small chance of complications (lost gear, broken canoe, etc).

5. Default

Vort can also create food and water.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    You would think with all these obstacles, Lewis and Clark would have never been accomplished. It's not like we're base jumping. All it's going to do is take time and with Divination that should cut that time down considerably.
    You asked what the roll would be. I just wanted to remind you that you're coming from upstream in some rugged terrain and there is a chance for shit to happen. I'm trying to lay out what that shit could be now so you're not surprised by it if you opt to white water raft later and the dice don't go in your favor. That is all.

You have narrowed it down to a relative small area that at the worst case will probably take ~5 days to search depending upon which route you take.

7. Default

Well I plan on casting Divination, asking something to the effect: Is the waterfall that Roderick Redbeard was looking for lay upon the south tributary. That will narrow the search down to one hex. Since it takes 2 days to travel a hex--figuring it's difficult terrain, there can't be that many waterfalls in the area. They are pretty rare, so we would just follow the river until we hit one, then search. It just seems a lot of work and rolls for something that is pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    You asked what the roll would be. I just wanted to remind you that you're coming from upstream in some rugged terrain and there is a chance for shit to happen. I'm trying to lay out what that shit could be now so you're not surprised by it if you opt to white water raft later and the dice don't go in your favor. That is all.

You have narrowed it down to a relative small area that at the worst case will probably take ~5 days to search depending upon which route you take.
    Last edited by Luopo; 08-14-2019 at 02:58 AM.

8. Default

While in Xanthar, Vort buys the following:
    25gp Augury Tarot Cards
    (4) Holy Water
    (2) 25gp powered silver for holy water
    (1) 300gp diamond for revivfy
    (4) 25gp incense and stuff for divination
    (20) days of Rations.
    (1) additional rope

9. Default

Vort is looking for silver bolts for his crossbow. Available? Price?

And, or, do they sell +1 bolts?
    Last edited by Luopo; 08-14-2019 at 04:27 AM.

10. Default

I guess we need to create a Limbo thread.

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast