Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 10: OOC

Default Chapter 10: OOC

Wes, you need to roll investigation on the drow papers. DC 15. Also open another thread regarding the map.

Rian, you have a chance to pass one failed save after you roll a fail. After that it crumbles.

Hrothgar, you can write a thread about going to get the bracers, or I can write them.

Let me know how long you want to stay in Xanthar.

You don't know exactly where the waterfall entrance is, but your best guess is 10-12 days there. I won't even speculate to where you want to go after that, but you would want at least 10 days more of rations to at least be able to return to some place before starving. You'll want that much food at least.

If there are other things that I didn't address, please let me know. I closed a lot of threads today and probably missed something.
    Last edited by zebsen; 08-13-2019 at 09:33 PM.

You can write about the pick up of the bracers.... I will add more rations to my pack/s later. I think Hrothgars background allows him to forage/hunt .... so along the way he can do that as well to help keep us fed....assuming the land has such things that apply -

Outlander
    Feature: Wanderer
    You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

You know... wth I will start a thread for his bracers - lol I used the same heading as the first time I went there.... It doesn't matter cos the chapter number is different.... but it still amuses me

Perhaps it can be changed to "Tipping the Scales"

But DM would need to do that.
    Last edited by Scymon; 08-14-2019 at 12:06 AM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

4. Default

DM,

What ability is used for white water rafting?

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Brandon will pick up the tab for breakfast. Just let me know how much it is. He plans on leaving a generous tip for Silvart's parents...
    Total cost is 1 gold for all of you combined. Even a fancy breakfast here is nothing special.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Total cost is 1 gold for all of you combined. Even a fancy breakfast here is nothing special.
    I never saw a response to my question regarding the contents of the coin pouch Silvart gave Brandon at the fort.

Survival!!! Honestly it screams skill challenge.
    I would agree that it's survival. Natural hazards is what I would call this.

Regardless, there are a few challenges that I hinted at before:
    -your horses will have a chance to go lame. It won't be as bad as if it's to the far east of the Spire River, which is heavy mountains, but it is a realistic chance in rough terrain.
    -coming out at from the west as you're doing isn't going to make it navigable via canoe. If you head east and realize that you missed it and want to back track west to try a different fork, you could canoe it back though.
    -the key thing here is how you get the canoes out of the room. It doesn't have to be a constructed wall that the doorknob is pressed to, but it needs to be vertical within a few degrees and large/flat enough for a door to form. That will rule out most trees. Rocks could work, but it's not a given that you will find a sheer vertical rock face easily. It's definitely possible though.

If you do try the whitewater rafting part, you would be breaking up into two boats. Only someone skilled in survival can help others. I would assign difficulties to sections of the river and the most skilled person in the boat would roll survival (again 2 with help if applicable). Failure will cause the canoe to capsize, probably a dex save to avoid minor damage, and a small chance of complications (lost gear, broken canoe, etc).

I never saw a response to my question regarding the contents of the coin pouch Silvart gave Brandon at the fort.
    I posted it. She gave you all your money back with a pair of underwear .

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast