Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chapter 10.1: Return to Xanthar

Rian says, "If we're going to be traveling on a river with rapids we might want to invest in some material that will water proof our food and equipment. I'll have to figure out some way to retrieve my armor if we tip over or I'll be pretty useless in a fight." The half-elf ponders the situation and then says, "Perhaps a grappling hook attached to the armor and a strong rope."

2. Default

Kalthanar nods several times, “I was thinking the same thing. I am concerned about capsizing in the rapids.”

3. Default

Vort scratches his head and asks, "You know we'll probably be going upstream? Meaning we'll have to follow the edge of the river, or somewhat near it, and not into it."

4. Default

“Against the current?” replies Kalthanar. “That will slow our progress.”

5. Default

"I will approach the point where the south tributary enters the main river," replies Vort, "there I will pray for Divination, asking if the waterfall is along said tributary. If it is not, then we follow the main river. If it is, then we follow the tributary. In either case, we will be on horses traversing the terrain. It will be difficult, but no more than anyone who has traveled the rivers and forests of this land. Unless you have become so enured to such travel and have become accustomed to travel by carriage?"
    Last edited by Luopo; 08-14-2019 at 09:53 PM.

6. Default

“As you say,” says Kalthanar.

7. Default

"Yes, the blame will be all mine if we fail," Vort says.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12