Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46

Thread: Chapter 3: Open Season

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,465
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Til is just next to Solen when he adds. "Makes sense." He offers a summary of what the runner has just announced and adds: "But which prong of the trident they want to succeed the most? Are the other two just a decoy?"

    Whatever doubt Solen or not-Val-or-Thoja may have, he'd be glad to dispel, to the best of his ability. He considers the possibility of his wife being now dead and his village razed, and will ask the runner about any attacks there.


  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen turns to the others to find Veta and Thoja missing. He shrugged. He was sure they would be back. To those who are still there, he says, "I think this temple is the most strategic move we can make here. If the formorians are hoping to retrieve something there, then we have the opportunity to snatch it before they do and frustrate their plans. Past that, if they're risking so much for this incursion, then whatever they are after may be powerful enough to be of use to us in turning the tide here."
    Since there doesn't seem to be a known bottom to the temple, even if they don't know what it is they're looking for, they might just be able to brute-force their way to some useful loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til is just next to Solen when he adds. "Makes sense." He offers a summary of what the runner has just announced and adds: "But which prong of the trident they want to succeed the most? Are the other two just a decoy?"

    Whatever doubt Solen or not-Val-or-Thoja may have, he'd be glad to dispel, to the best of his ability. He considers the possibility of his wife being now dead and his village razed, and will ask the runner about any attacks there.
    "I don't want to speculate," he says while trying to attend to the concerns of others, "But as far as I know, your home has been passed by. Unless they have a personal hatred for you, they probably won't find it important."

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  3. #13

    Default

    Thoja'nnom is slinking back up to the group at large, hands in her coat pockets and looking winded. "Lost them."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,465
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Til quietly accepts the possibility of his wife being dead or worse. "We are invited here for a reason, Solen. Let's find the rest of our company and decide what to do. Together and quickly."


  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Thoja'nnom is slinking back up to the group at large, hands in her coat pockets and looking winded. "Lost them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til quietly accepts the possibility of his wife being dead or worse. "We are invited here for a reason, Solen. Let's find the rest of our company and decide what to do. Together and quickly."
    The group seems mostly agreeable with the idea of going to the temple first, so unless there is other shopping to be done, the temple of Verdarai is your first stop. It is going to be more than a day's journey, and one cut in the middle by an unexpected encounter. As you head into the deeper parts of the jungle, you hear the crash of conflict head in your direction. Though the scene is initially unclear, it is made very starkly obvious when the remains of a dinosaur with a spiked tail and spined back is hurled through a tree nearby, splitting it in half. The gory feast is thankfully mostly bones, having been carved up by the giant that threw it.

    Some Wild Hunters have begun battling a group of Formorians, and you've happened to cross their path. Also having crossed your path is the wildwoman that skitters over the fallen tree and starts at the sight of her husband. This is Grey Teacher, recently freed from ropes and very thankfully alive and well. Her head and hair is covered in cinnamon apple preserves, suggesting the Formorians planned on having her as a dessert. "Unexpected, but not undesirable," she smiles warmly.

    Four Formorians are present, having made a hasty camp here. At your aid are seven Wild Hunters, each a veteran in their own right.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFormorians - (1d20) (8) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHunters - (1d20+1) (14) [15]
    Roll for initiative!

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollVeta init - (1d20+10) [28]
    All allies rolling initiative within 30 feet of me can add 4 to their initiative. And I'll swap initiatives with the lowest rolling ally.



    Come join us on Discord!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    1,578
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBroghar init - (1d20+9) (17) [26]

  8. #18

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolen Init - (1d20+1+4) (20) [25]

  9. #19

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPurity Initiative - (1d20+2+4) (7) [13]

  10. #20

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+5+4) [29]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •