Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Chapter 3: Open Season

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    Til readies a length of rope and flies straight over the wildman stew, lowering the rope and shouting at the slow-cooking humanoid inside. "Grab!"


    The eladrin grabs it, and you and Broghar recognize him as Oberon's favored Hunter, Nallias Araxeral. Gasping, he pulls himself up and gasps once he is free of the soup. "My weapons are in there!" Collecting himself, he also adds, "That makes us even. Your wife is welcome for the rescue."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    "Again, Thoja!" Veta calls, directing the tabaxi to use her reaction to make another attack (hopefully with sneak attack).

    She draws and ignites her sword, moving to join her allies and strike at the enemy.
    The Chef is burned further by the attack and raises his hand to strike at the crowd that has surrounded him, but looks up just in time to be hurt by the Oathbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    And with it focused, she looses another arrow at the chef. (without the 5d6 if not a Sneak Attack)
    "DAMN YOU!" he cries out as the arrow hits him right in one of his misshapen outcroppings. In response, he turns his wickeder eye on you. "I will teach you what pain is!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCurse of the Evil Eye - (6d8) (2, 6, 4, 2, 4, 7) [25] Wisdom DC 14 for half damage, and on a failure, Thoja is deformed, halving her speed and giving her disadvantage on Dexterity and Strength-based rolls.

    His compatriots fight on. One of them picks up the eladrin fighting him and throws him at Veta. "Get outta here! We got dinner to make!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollThrown Object - (1d20+6) (9) [15] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollImprovised Huge Weapon - (3d4+6) (2, 4, 1) [13] The Wild Hunt member hits the dirt and tumbles head over heels hard short of its target.
    The Formorian that is not knocked down laughs childishly and mimics what he sees. "Hahaha! Watch this!" This second thrown veteran is headed in Thoja's direction, but it's a long toss and therefore even more inaccurate than usual.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollThrown Object - (2d20w1+6) (9, 1) [7] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollImprovised Huge Weapon - (3d4+6) (1, 3, 1) [11] This thrown elf hits the cooking pot and bounces with a nasty-sounding impact.

    The one on the ground stands up and lashes out against Solen. "I'll use that armor of yours as a codpiece!" he threatens with his wide swings.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGreatclub - (1d20+9) (14) [23] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollBludgeoning - (3d8+6) (4, 4, 8) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGreatclub - (1d20+9) (9) [18] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollBludgeoning - (3d8+6) (5, 1, 3) [15]

    Veta's hired help finally arrives. It is the man in the white mask you saw earlier, and he's carrying a quiver of spears. He throws two with wobbling accuracy but high power, as it seems he still hasn't recovered from whatever was winding him earlier, and he's tossing them from a distance at the second Formorian that threw a Wild Hunt Member.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpear - (2d20w1+5) (14, 2) [7] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollBludgeoning - (2d6+1) (1, 2) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpear - (2d20w1+5) (16, 16) [21] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollBludgeoning - (2d6+1) (3, 4) [8]
    The second spear hits, leading the giant to turn around dismissively. "I'll squash you later."

    Thoja- 29
    Purity- 28
    Broghar- 26
    Solen- 25
    Til- 24

    Ally: Hunters- 15
    Veta- 13

    Enemy: Formorians- 8 (Solen's opponent hurt, Chef bloodied.)

    Ally: Bounty Hunter?- 1
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-16-2019 at 10:35 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  2. #32

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom Save - (1d20-1) (11) [10]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #33

    Default

    There's a sickening crunch as bones change shape the way they shouldn't. Thoja'nnom lets out yowls of pain, hunched... but her eyes blaze, and she shoots right for that wicked eye, a deadly focus to her that ignores the distractions around her.

    HP: 59/84
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+9) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSworn + Sneak Damage - (1d8+7+3d6+5d6) (8) (5, 3, 4) (3, 1, 1, 6, 3) [41]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,469
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "Aye." He replies, focusing on his prey. He flies away from the wounded chef and marks him as his quarry.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow I - (1d20+12) (8) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLongbow II - (1d20+12) (1) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage I - (1d8+6+4) (3) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage II - (1d8+6+4) (2) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHunter's Mark - (1d6) (4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollColossus Slayer - (1d8) (5) [5]

    OOC:
    Movement: Moving my flying speed horizontally
    Bonus Action: Hunter's Mark
    Attack: Twice. Colossus Slayer because the Fomorian is bloodied and a +4 to damage granted by Greater Favoured Enemy.

    Rubbish rolls...
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 09-17-2019 at 04:05 AM.


  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Veta attempts to steel Thoja's resolve. Using Spur Ally, she gives Thoja the chance to re-roll that failed saving throw versus the curse.



    Come join us on Discord!

  6. #36

    Default

    Purity lances a bolt of fire at the fomorian chef.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFirebolt - (1d20+9) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire Damage - (2d10+5) (8, 10) [23]

  7. #37

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWisdom Reroll - (1d20-1) [12]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  8. #38

    Default

    Solen stumbles back a step from the impact of the first swing. His shield took the brunt of it and at least his armor didn't crumple this time, but he doesn't care to take many more of those hits. He charges back in shield first, his movement a blur from the haste spell, and tries to take the giant out.


    (First attack 23 hit and did 22 damage. Solen is fine, but he really doesn't like how hard these guys hit)
    (No movement. Bonus Action: Shield Master shove for prone. Athletics contested by Acrobatics or Athletics, your choice. Action: Attack twice. Haste Action: Attack a third time. Attacks assume advantage from prone. Please use first roll if he's still standing. Potential smites will be determined if I get lucky and pull a crit.)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShove Athletics - (1d20+9) (3) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 - (2d20b1+10) (1, 16) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 1 - (1d8+8) (2) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 2 - (2d20b1+10) (4, 1) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 2 - (1d8+8) (4) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 3 - (2d20b1+10) (6, 8) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 3 - (1d8+8) (7) [15]

    *edit* Sometimes the dice just laugh at you.
    Last edited by Matthan; 09-20-2019 at 04:27 PM.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    There's a sickening crunch as bones change shape the way they shouldn't. Thoja'nnom lets out yowls of pain, hunched... but her eyes blaze, and she shoots right for that wicked eye, a deadly focus to her that ignores the distractions around her.

    HP: 59/84
    It's a good shot and lands right in the iris, blinding his eye and making him scream curses at you in Giant, mostly involving disembowelment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar QZR View Post
    "Aye." He replies, focusing on his prey. He flies away from the wounded chef and marks him as his quarry.

    OOC:
    Movement: Moving my flying speed horizontally
    Bonus Action: Hunter's Mark
    Attack: Twice. Colossus Slayer because the Fomorian is bloodied and a +4 to damage granted by Greater Favoured Enemy.

    Rubbish rolls...
    But still good enough to make the would-be gourmand stumble in pain as his knee is struck hard. He grabs the pot to brace himself, despite its intense heat. Lame and half-blind, the cruel chef has no ability to dodge the next attack headed his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanegeek View Post
    Purity lances a bolt of fire at the fomorian chef.
    The bolt hits him directly in the chest, leaving a seared spot and causing the giant to stumble and collapse. He does not get up, and it is clear after a few seconds that the wounds are fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen stumbles back a step from the impact of the first swing. His shield took the brunt of it and at least his armor didn't crumple this time, but he doesn't care to take many more of those hits. He charges back in shield first, his movement a blur from the haste spell, and tries to take the giant out.


    (First attack 23 hit and did 22 damage. Solen is fine, but he really doesn't like how hard these guys hit)
    (No movement. Bonus Action: Shield Master shove for prone. Athletics contested by Acrobatics or Athletics, your choice. Action: Attack twice. Haste Action: Attack a third time. Attacks assume advantage from prone. Please use first roll if he's still standing. Potential smites will be determined if I get lucky and pull a crit.)

    *edit* Sometimes the dice just laugh at you.
    The Formorian pushes back and endures those sword swings that hit him. "Stand still!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (1d20+6) (2) [8] However, he stumbles, and takes all three instead of just two. He's covered in stripes, but you can tell that he's more mad than afraid. He will probably use his next round to take vengeance on you.

    The lead hunter hastily re-assembles his squad to form up and help you. Three of them each attack the two furthest Formorians, trying to delay the giants' approach.
    Each mob deals their target giant 13 damage and prevents them from helping their ally this round or getting within range of any of the more remote fighters.

    Nallias grabs a chef's knife off of the enemy corpse and hefts it for his use as an improvised sword. It is unwieldy, but large enough to compensate somewhat. He also notices Broghar's appearance and smiles. "Silverbeard! I should have known Til wouldn't come alone. I don't know these other people, but if you two trust them they must be somewhat worthwhile." He does not recognize any of the others, probably because of his obsessive focus with his occupation.

    Thoja- 29
    Purity- 28

    Broghar- 26
    Solen- 25
    Til- 24
    Ally: Hunters- 15
    Veta- 13

    Enemy: Formorians- 8 (Solen's opponent hurt badly, Chef dead. Two others are mildly injured.)

    Ally: Bounty Hunter?- 1
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-23-2019 at 02:29 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Veta moves to attack the nearest fomorian, encouraging Thoja to continue her barrage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsun sword - (1d20+10) [26] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollradiant - (1d8+6) [14]



    Come join us on Discord!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •