Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Chapter 3: Open Season

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,492
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The hunter smiles, relieved. Only her can crack a joke in a moment like this. He gives her his handaxe and gives her a strong, one-armed embrace. "Step aside," he asks to her deliciously smelling wife as he breaks the hug.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+5) (15) [20] +4=24
    Last edited by Alcazar QZR; 09-02-2019 at 12:20 PM.


  2. #22

    Default

    Initiative (Round 1):
    Thoja- 29
    Purity- 28
    Broghar- 26
    Solen- 25
    Til- 24

    Ally: Hunters- 15
    Veta- 13

    Enemy: Formorians- 8

    The beastial fey giants turn their twisted eyes on you just long enough to assess where you are, before going back to fighting with the Green Court warriors. This camp has been turned into an impromptu arena by the method of clearing used for it: They broke down the trees in the area to form a firepit and then burned out a circle in the undergrowth, creating a circular clearing ninety feet across, half of which is filled by filthy bedrolls and a stew pot large enough for six people to sit inside comfortably.

    Inside the stew pot is a surprisingly decent-looking lizard soup. Shards of potato skin too rotten to cook lie around the pot, some used as fuel. With all likelihood, they either got Grey Teacher to prepare the food or possessed one member of sufficient culinary ability. A large cookbook with gory images but delicate handwriting suggests the second option. Unfortunately, the stew is ruined when one of the hunters is plunged into it by a sneering Formorian, whose unlikely cunning indicates he is the chef. The fey soldier he has shoved in puts a hand above the surface but is currently drowning.

    "Heheh," he laughs with guttural cruelty. "And here I thought I had just ruined my appetite. Stay still, I'll see if there's any sauce among the spices we looted." Those spices lie partially sorted through within crates, materials traded to be carried across the Court to the dwarves and goliaths. Wildmen make money transporting these, one of the few services they provide outsiders in exchange for unique materials that can't be gathered. Four crates, each as tall as you on a side, are unopened not more than thirty feet away, close enough that you can make to one of them and try to open it with an action.

    "Eat later fight now!" one of the stupider but wiser giants calls out, slapping at the rangers that harrass him. Each of the Formorians has two wildmen on him, except for the man in the stew pot, who was fighting alone until he was plunged into the pot.
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-04-2019 at 08:47 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  3. #23

    Default

    Bow out, letting out a breath, Thoja'nnom is recalling her lessons. She traded in her Shortbow - while it was always a tool, and one she's trained in, she didn't really rely on it before. Now is different though. She has to be a warrior, to fight. Not just a diplomat, or a performer, or even the Storyteller... she's humming as she puts an arrow on, pulling the string back. There's even a Song in mind, one she begins to sing softly as the magic of the bow activates - her intent focused, aimed at the Chef. A song in Sylvan, telling of a huntress whose shots could unerringly seek out a heart.

    And she lets the arrow fly.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAdvantage Attack - (2d20b1+9) (15, 2) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSworn + Sneak Damage - (1d8+7+3d6+5d6) (6) (3, 3, 3) (5, 5, 6, 4, 6) [48]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  4. #24

    Default

    Purity seethes with rage, and chants the invocations to surround her with armor of light.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Budapest Hungary
    Posts
    1,401
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    "Ready?" Broghar asks looking at Solen. He does the usual trick and hastens the paladin.

  6. #26

    Default

    Solen feels the world slow as Broghar's spell takes hold. A small smile creeps across his face as he charges the nearest formorian.

    (Bonus: Shield shove for prone. Athletics contest vs. athletics/acrobatics. Action: Multiattack with Daybreak. Assumes prone. Take first roll if not. Haste Action: Attack again. Move to engage)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShield Shove - (1d20+9) (10) [19]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 - (2d20b1+10) (5, 1) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 1 - (1d8+8) (8) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 2 - (2d20b1+10) (12, 2) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage 2 - (1d8+8) (2) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHaste Attack - (2d20b1+10) (18, 1) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollHaste Damage - (1d8+8) (3) [11]

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    Bow out, letting out a breath, Thoja'nnom is recalling her lessons. She traded in her Shortbow - while it was always a tool, and one she's trained in, she didn't really rely on it before. Now is different though. She has to be a warrior, to fight. Not just a diplomat, or a performer, or even the Storyteller... she's humming as she puts an arrow on, pulling the string back. There's even a Song in mind, one she begins to sing softly as the magic of the bow activates - her intent focused, aimed at the Chef. A song in Sylvan, telling of a huntress whose shots could unerringly seek out a heart.

    And she lets the arrow fly.
    The arrow sinks into exposed skin, causing the monster to roil and rage in your general direction. While it's a good start, it's unfortunately only that- a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanegeek View Post
    Purity seethes with rage, and chants the invocations to surround her with armor of light.
    "Filthy aasimar!" barks the closest monster. "Wait, no. Tiefling? Some kind of freak! Whatever it is, I want to make it scream."
    Quote Originally Posted by Berenion View Post
    "Ready?" Broghar asks looking at Solen. He does the usual trick and hastens the paladin.
    One of the formorians stops in the middle of his fighting for a split second, groaning and staring. "We need to learn how to do that. Seems useful." He follows the sight of the paladin bolting at his ally with curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthan View Post
    Solen feels the world slow as Broghar's spell takes hold. A small smile creeps across his face as he charges the nearest formorian.

    (Bonus: Shield shove for prone. Athletics contest vs. athletics/acrobatics. Action: Multiattack with Daybreak. Assumes prone. Take first roll if not. Haste Action: Attack again. Move to engage)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSave - (1d20+6) (10) [16]
    "Okay, I'll smash this freak FIRST!" calls out the angry giant as he's bullrushed and chopped at. He struggles from the ground, raising his arm to block the attacks, the paladin searing scars in his skin.

    One of the Wild Hunt members stands at your side and gets the monster's attention with a jab. "I've never seen that before, but whatever you're doing, keep going!"

    Unless otherwise ordered, the Wild Hunt members re-arrange themselves for better tactical positioning. Three move to the pot and the Formorian at it. One Helps his ally make an attack, the second Helps your party attack in future rounds, and those engaged with the three others will take Help actions towards the rest of the party, one against. (The first attack against a different Formorian in the round will be at advantage.)

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollWild Hunt Attack - (2d20b1+5) (8, 5) [13] Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10+3) (5) [8]

    Thoja- 29
    Purity- 28
    Broghar- 26
    Solen- 25
    Til- 24
    Ally: Hunters- 15
    Veta- 13

    Enemy: Formorians- 8
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-12-2019 at 01:56 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,492
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Til readies a length of rope and flies straight over the wildman stew, lowering the rope and shouting at the slow-cooking humanoid inside. "Grab!"




  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,999

    Default

    "Again, Thoja!" Veta calls, directing the tabaxi to use her reaction to make another attack (hopefully with sneak attack).

    She draws and ignites her sword, moving to join her allies and strike at the enemy.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsun sword - (1d20+10) [17] , Authentic Forum Dice-rollradiant - (1d8+6) [7]



    Come join us on Discord!

  10. #30

    Default

    And with it focused, she looses another arrow at the chef.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAdvantage Attack - (2d20b1+9) (10, 15) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSworn + Sneak Damage - (1d8+7+3d6+5d6) (7) (1, 4, 4) (1, 5, 6, 6, 4) [45] (without the 5d6 if not a Sneak Attack)
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •