Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Act 4, Scene 2- Principle and Principal

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,472
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    The threat of fire now receded, Enfield picks up a slightly charred plank of wood off the ground, and drags it over to Flashburn, intending to use it as a makeshift stretcher. "Buddy," he says dismissively to Ironsides, "if you're just going to take up space and make noise, can you do it over there?"

    He looks to Typhoon. "Forget him, pal, your friend needs medical attention. Help me get him inside."

    Effect: Create Asset (Taming the Storm)
    Affiliation: Buddy D8
    Distinction: Mindful Minder D8
    Powers: Mind Control D6
    Specialties: Psych Expert D8
    Other: Rights and Responsibilities D8
    Dice Pool: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6+4d8) (3) (8, 4, 3, 4) [22]
    Total: 12
    Effect: D8
    Opportunities: 0
    Last edited by theScrappy; 09-24-2019 at 05:20 PM.




  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,355
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "Oh, you poor scared little baby. Don't be ashamed, I'd be scared to if I were you facing down Max that kicked my ass on the beach two weeks ago and about to get a beating from the little girl that humiliated Adamant and punched Supreme's ticket in front of the entire world watching." Forcefox taunts Ironsides as her bodysuit cam runs.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkisnotEvil View Post

    He glowers over Perseus in particular.
    "Your healing factor is somewhat impressive. But others do not have your ability. Sooner or later, you will endure, and they will all die. Then you will wish you had become part of our budding new clan."
    Perseus shrugs.
    "If that happens, then I'll most likely be focused on what killed everyone else than joining your group. Besides, I set myself up for that scenario a long time ago. You can't threaten me with something that simple."






    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    "Oh, you poor scared little baby. Don't be ashamed, I'd be scared to if I were you facing down Max that kicked my ass on the beach two weeks ago and about to get a beating from the little girl that humiliated Adamant and punched Supreme's ticket in front of the entire world watching." Forcefox taunts Ironsides as her bodysuit cam runs.
    The young man's bravado subsides as he almost glares at Forcefox while she taunts.
    "Rub it in, why don't you..." He mutters to himself.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    The threat of fire now receded, Enfield picks up a slightly charred plank of wood off the ground, and drags it over to Flashburn, intending to use it as a makeshift stretcher. "Buddy," he says dismissively to Ironsides, "if you're just going to take up space and make noise, can you do it over there?"

    He looks to Typhoon. "Forget him, pal, your friend needs medical attention. Help me get him inside."

    Effect: Create Asset (Taming the Storm)
    Affiliation: Buddy D8
    Distinction: Mindful Minder D8
    Powers: Mind Control D6
    Specialties: Psych Expert D8
    Other: Rights and Responsibilities D8
    Dice Pool:
    Total: 12
    Effect: D8
    Opportunities: 0
    (Asset Success: 12 result in Dice-rolling thread)
    "I'm not doing this for you, mind-melter, so bug off," the water-master sneers. Still, his sympathies lie with the badly-burnt fire controller, so he does as you say.

    Flashburn is badly hurt all over and will need medical attention in the near future in order to survive. His lungs are badly damaged and his breathing is sporadic. "Dammit," Typhoon says as he washes the elementalist towards a bench for safekeeping, "I don't have my phone. I never have it when I'm going places. My water can't heal people, and I don't know what I can do besides go for help."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    "Oh, you poor scared little baby. Don't be ashamed, I'd be scared to if I were you facing down Max that kicked my ass on the beach two weeks ago and about to get a beating from the little girl that humiliated Adamant and punched Supreme's ticket in front of the entire world watching." Forcefox taunts Ironsides as her bodysuit cam runs.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolo D10+Imperat Princeps D8+Menace Master 2d6 - (1d10+1d8+2d8) (8) (5) (1, 7) [21] (Buying your opportunity for 1PP, then spending it promptly to counterattack: D8->D10 Emotional Stress: His patronizing smugness is reason enough to be pissed off)
    "That you believe what you say amuses me," he says, putting on a show for the camera. "I will give that Max has raw power that exceeds mine, but have you ever considered what Adamant would have done should he have not held back? What such a powerful magnetism wielder could do with my creativity? I know enough about your technology to know that it is magnetic. I'll save you the details," he says, closing his hand in a crushing gesture. "If I was spared by Max's sense of honor, you were certainly saved by the Haulian's. He was specifically designed to do what you claim credit for. Something you shouldn't forget."

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Perseus shrugs.
    "If that happens, then I'll most likely be focused on what killed everyone else than joining your group. Besides, I set myself up for that scenario a long time ago. You can't threaten me with something that simple."

    The young man's bravado subsides as he almost glares at Forcefox while she taunts.
    "Rub it in, why don't you..." He mutters to himself.
    "These people are superfluous," he continues angrily, switching back to you, "I'm offering you the chance to be one of the leaders of the world here. Imagine what you could accomplish with that kind of clout. If not for my sake, then for the sake of the commonfolk. They need guidance, as they always have. I've offered my protection to Lublyae, one of Haulia's subject states and the home nation of Max's mentor. They're making a bid for sovereignty, and the registration Haulia is bringing down the pipeline is the perfect reason to break the grip now. We will help them, and their mutants will be offered the chance to join our Liberation Front. Soon, there may be enough members to form a state of our own."
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolo D10+Rights and Responsibilities D4+DOOM+Imperat Princeps D8+Business Expert 2d6 - (1d10+1d4+1d8+2d6) (6) (3) (5) (2, 3) [19]

    "You opportunistic fuck!" Max swears in an uncharacteristically severe manner. "You don't want to help them, you want to conquer them!"

    Ironsides is taken aback by the accusation, as if believing everyone of importance thinks in the same kingly way he does. "You're founding a school, aren't you? A community of metahumans? How is this any different? You have the infrastructure and power to restore law in Alamaoa, all you require is the will. And while you are busy with that, I will be crafting a future where those with power are leaders rather than servants."

    Doom Pool: 2d8+1d6
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Spirit Haven up twice, but Everyone Up
    Opportunities: 0
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-28-2019 at 10:59 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,355
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Forcefox has always been an easily stoked fire. And this p.o.s. was the perfect fuel for her anger. She watches his smugness and grinds her teeth in pure hatred so much that she starts to vibrate as she loses a measure of control of her abilities. She calmly, but only in appearance as inside her head she's screaming in very in-eloquent rage, walks over to a nearby parked car and grips it tightly before twisting and dragging the automobile with her and launches it at Ironsides with a very primal scream of rage.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  6. #46

    Default

    "... Why did he have to go and piss off Forcefox like that? ... She could cause more casualties than he ever could on a bad day," Spirit Haven just sighs, mumbling to himself as he floats all the way down towards where Flashburn laid. "I'll do what I can, but he's barely clinging to life as it is," He says to Typhoon, placing a hand over the once burning mutant and attempting to heal him. He was definitely working against the clock at this point.. hopefully he could stabilize him in time.

    (Spending 1PP to step down physical trauma on Flashburn, if he has any)


    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 09-30-2019 at 03:26 PM.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Forcefox has always been an easily stoked fire. And this p.o.s. was the perfect fuel for her anger. She watches his smugness and grinds her teeth in pure hatred so much that she starts to vibrate as she loses a measure of control of her abilities. She calmly, but only in appearance as inside her head she's screaming in very in-eloquent rage, walks over to a nearby parked car and grips it tightly before twisting and dragging the automobile with her and launches it at Ironsides with a very primal scream of rage.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolo D10 + Imperat Princeps D4+DOOM + SFX Unleashed Superhuman Durability 2D10 + Combat Expert D8 - (1d10+1d8+2d10+1d8) (7) (3) (3, 5) (4) [22] (Should be d4, rerolling in dice thread- D4 result is 2, making it just barely impossible for him to absorb this blow.)
    The arrogant prince stands there dumbfounded, as if astonished someone has the gall to strike him during a discussion. The car hits him and he doesn't react in time, leading it to wrap around him, picking him up and throwing him through the air. Right as he begins to stand up, something in the car ignites and the impromptu wreck begins smoking. Ironsides barely manages to wrench himself free of the car in time to collapse, covered in burns and lacking the water so important to semi-aquatic people. Max's first impulse is to move him, but then he reconsiders, stating quietly, "I think... I think you killed him. Or pretty close to it. I can't sense pulse or breathing. He just shut down all at once."
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    "... Why did he have to go and piss off Forcefox like that? ... She could cause more casualties than he ever could on a bad day," Spirit Haven just sighs, mumbling to himself as he floats all the way down towards where Flashburn laid. "I'll do what I can, but he's barely clinging to life as it is," He says to Typhoon, placing a hand over the once burning mutant and attempting to heal him. He was definitely working against the clock at this point.. hopefully he could stabilize him in time.

    (Spending 1PP to step down physical trauma on Flashburn, if he has any)


    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    (With how much the Doom Pool stands to change, this needs to be completely re-rolled.)
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 10-04-2019 at 05:31 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,355
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Forcefox laughs at first, thinking Max was joking. But as she sees Force's expression she stops astonished and walks closer, her panic rising.
    What? No! No I didn't! He took worse than that! she exclaims wanting her words to be true but dreading that they aren't. She kneels next to Ironsides body and shakes him gently.
    Come on you prick! You can't be dead! I was only playing! Come on! Don't you do this you pansy arrogant bastard! Wake up!
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  9. #49

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDOOM+Stress - (1d8+1d6+1d12) (8) (1) (5) [14]
    Spirit Haven's efforts prove fruitful, and the burnt man becomes visibly more comfortable. His condition becomes unconscious and stable, though he definitely needs further treatment.

    While that's all going on, the question still stands to Perseus, especially now that the attack has happened. Whatever the sea prince's plan was, those people still could use help.

    Typhoon turns to Gus. "I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid. I know when someone's been mind controlled, and she did it to him, made him go flame on and all that. Plus, it's clear by now that I can't beat you guys. I still don't like how you've got a xeno suckling your brain, but you probably hate my guts too. Can I join your little band of heroes? Call it even?"
    For once, he seems to have actually learned something and is offering you his meager assistance.
    Complication: Put Me on the Team -> Gus Authentic Forum Dice-rollThug D4+Heroism Defined D8+Menace Expert 2d6 - (1d4+2d6+1d8) (1) (4, 6) (2) [13]

    Doom Pool: 1d6 (Spent 1d8 for breaking initiative)
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Gus, Perseus, Spirit Haven up
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 10-05-2019 at 02:58 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  10. #50

    Default

    Spirit Haven finishes his healing, sighing slightly from the exertion of keeping the mutant's soul firmly anchored in his body. He turns his attention to Forcefox and...

    "... You have got to be kidding me," He mutters, immediately flying towards the wreck. "I thought he was a mutant, with how high he was talking about himself..." He begins to really scan the area, opening his eyes to the spirit world. He wasn't about to call his life just yet... not until he was completely certain.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 10-07-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •