Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Act 4, Scene 2- Principle and Principal

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Forcefox steps back startled.
    She sets her sensory suite to work and tries to detect any type of waves or radiation or signal influencing the fire-guy. He obviously wasn't himself.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTaking Sides+Doom - (1d8+1d6) (8) (3) [11] His brain waves and heart rate are going nuts. In fact, it seems to be directly related to his mutant biology. While Mentor might be able to sense people's thoughts or possibly even control their minds, they would presumably have their powers remain intact. Some sort of mind-altering chemical?
    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Enfield dashes for cover, and locks eyes with Typhoon. "YOU'RE MADE OF WATER," are the blaring words he puts in the metahuman's mind, "PUT HIM OUT!"

    Effect: Create Asset (for Typhoon?)
    Affiliation: Buddy D8
    Distinction: Heroism Defined D8
    Power: Telepathy D8, Mind Control D6
    Other: Psych Expert D8
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTaking Sides+Doom - (1d8+1d6) (8) (3) [11]
    Total: 12
    Effect: D8
    Opportunities: 1
    (Buying opportunity)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDumb as a Brick+Doom - (1d8+1d6) (6) (4) [10] "Oh, right," he nods, as if you were reminding him of a doctor's appointment rather than the natural state of his body.
    After a moment, he attempts to douse the hothead with a jet of water.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollThug+Water Control+Combat Expert+Asset if applies - (1d8+1d8+2d6+1d8) (2) (3) (4, 1) (3) [13] (Flashburn's Limit: Extinguished steps up effect die- doesn't matter, because he's facing down a 16 with a roll of 7)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno+Fire Control(Versatile)+Combat Expert - (1d8+2d8+2d6) (7) (8, 8) (5, 3) [31] (Spending bought opportunity to return fire, effect stepped up to 16/d8 versus 7/d10 for d8 damage against Typhoon)
    Flashburn responds by breathing a gout of burning power that pushes back the jet and turns it into a bubble of steam that throws back the water-wielder. Typhoon is both hurt and baffled. "Yeah, I got nothing. You guys know where the sewer is? I might be able to use that for more fuel."
    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Perseus turns around and immediately begins to get people out of the area, by force if necessary.
    "All civilians, please exit the area immediately! All civilians leave the area! " He shouts.

    Perseus: Miles Rigas
    Plot Points: 4
    Stress: none
    Next Up: Watcher
    Your body is maintained by your inhuman stamina, allowing you to help carry out some of the people who have become faint due to the intense heat going about. Those who are not assisting you follow your orders and flee to shelter from the convection.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Spirit Haven immediately flies up into the sky, away from the school building as Flashburn begins to melt down. "Dammit, this is bad..." He mumbles to himself. "He's probably being manipulated in some fashion... this mutant clearly isn't himself." Haven wouldn't be surprised if this was the Snake Society's doing, but for now, they needed to subdue the flames before they grew out of control. A ball of ectoplasm forms in his hands before he flings it at the walking conflagration.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno+Fire Control+Combat Expert - (1d8+1d10+2d6) (2) (3) (5, 2) [12] (7 with a D10 effect steps back the damage to d6)
    Flashburn raises a burning arm and does his best to swat away the attack. The heat is unbearable and even at this range you feel yourself getting queasy.

    A surge of power erupts from Flashburn, creating an explosive shockwave of sound and flame. It covers a considerable radius from his location, but after this he begins to kneel as if trying to catch his breath. His guard is still up, but he's fighting more out of a sense of panic than anything else.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno+Fire Control+Combat Expert+Area Attack Forcefox, Haven, Gus, Perseus - (1d8+1d10+1d8+4d6) (4) (4) (1) (1, 4, 1, 3) [18]

    Doom Pool: 1d6
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Everyone
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-07-2019 at 08:35 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,356
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Bloody... Everyone, stop attacking him! He can't help it! It's like he's... He's... He's infected or having a seizure! Try and contain him, but for Pete's sakes don't try to just injure him! Forcefox shouts and then, feeling the inmense heat radiating off the guy speeds forward. She starts running circles around him and stirring up wind to create a vortex that will suck the air in it up and as a result also much of the heat.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Bloody... Everyone, stop attacking him! He can't help it! It's like he's... He's... He's infected or having a seizure! Try and contain him, but for Pete's sakes don't try to just injure him! Forcefox shouts and then, feeling the inmense heat radiating off the guy speeds forward. She starts running circles around him and stirring up wind to create a vortex that will suck the air in it up and as a result also much of the heat.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno (D4 for DOOM)+Fire Control+Combat Expert - (1d4+1d10+2d6) (3) (2) (6, 4) [15]
    Flashburn made a gesture pushing out, attempting to blast through the whirlwind with an outburst of heat. It seemed to be working for a bit, but after a moment's effort, he took a knee and tried to catch his breath. He looked a bit calmer, though it was mostly due to the strain of effort draining his stamina than a lack of motivation. Perhaps if they knocked him out, he'd be able to get in a proper mindset for talking again. Gus could feel a confused, barely sapient psyche disassociated from hisbody due to the stress he was currently under. Some sort of pseudo mind control?

    Doom Pool: 2d6
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Gus, Spirit Haven, Perseus
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-12-2019 at 11:28 PM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Perseus circles around Flashburn until the man's back is facing him.
    "I'll try to knock him out if we don't have any other options. Or do we want to go with the sewer plan?"

    He says as he keeps Flashburn's eyes off of him. Being set on fire would not be a good use of his durability.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  5. #35

    Default

    Seeing as how the heat is still affecting him, Haven does his best to try and seal it off after Forcefox finishes her whirlwind. She has a point: if they can cut off oxygen from the fire, it'd be easier to put it out without a long, drawn out fight. That would likely cause less damage that way as well. He begins to create a dome to contain the human flame, trying to choke out the rest of the air supply for the fire.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    Last edited by DonJentleman; 09-16-2019 at 03:25 PM.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Seeing as how the heat is still affecting him, Haven does his best to try and seal it off after Forcefox finishes her whirlwind. She has a point: if they can cut off oxygen from the fire, it'd be easier to put it out without a long, drawn out fight. That would likely cause less damage that way as well. He begins to create a dome to contain the human flame, trying to choke out the rest of the air supply for the fire.



    Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    (Buying 3 opportunities for 2 pp 2d6 -> 2d8+1d6)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno (D4 for DOOM)+Fire Control+Combat Expert - (1d4+1d10+1d8) (4) (7) (7) [18] He raises his hands to try and burn off the ectoplasm, but as he does so, the outer skin of his hands begins to dissipate, being blown away by the wind. He doesn't seem to realize it due to his compel-induced madness, but he's quickly reaching his limit to what he can do without putting his body at permanent risk. He is at D8 self-inflicted Stress and counting.

    (Burning D8 Doom for event trigger.)
    A thundercrack of a blow tells you what some of the others have been doing during this time. Ironsides is thrown onto the scene by Max, who uses flight to pursue the mighty mariner. "I should have known the Snake Society was behind this somehow," Force growls when he sees the tempest of flames. "Who'd you cook up a suggestion potion up for this time?"

    "The Snake Society couldn't do this," the so-called prince of the deep says. "Your brother should know all about mind control. It works more easily for agreeable targets. If you make someone do something they wouldn't normally do..." he shrugs. "Whether or not my soon-to-be-fiancee agrees, the weak and weak-minded have no place on the surface any more than the bottom of the seas." Unless pushed, he reveals nothing more about whoever he's lovestruck for.

    Doom Pool: 2d8
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Gus, Perseus to go, others may go?
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-17-2019 at 12:26 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Persues stops for a moment to watch the newcomer and yells at Max.
    "You need any help with that? I can't really do anything here but at least I can fill the fishboy with some lead!"
    He's looking between the two targets, ready to move if either begins to fight but is obviously leaning toward Ironsides. Having a healing factor doesn't mean you like getting your flesh boiled off your bones.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Persues stops for a moment to watch the newcomer and yells at Max.
    "You need any help with that? I can't really do anything here but at least I can fill the fishboy with some lead!"
    He's looking between the two targets, ready to move if either begins to fight but is obviously leaning toward Ironsides. Having a healing factor doesn't mean you like getting your flesh boiled off your bones.
    "Stay out of this, little leagues," Ironsides sneers, grabbing Max by the collar and tossing him before the flying hero rights himself.

    "Don't listen to him," Max grunted, "He can take gunfire and live, waste him!"

    Doom Pool: 2d8
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Gus, Perseus to go, others may go?
    Opportunities: 2

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,472
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    "Listen," Enfield calls out to Ironsides, "sweetheart, I'm flattered, but I'm just not the settlin' down type." He turns his attention back to Flashburn, and quickly decides the man can't be talked down. "We can talk about this, but first we need a fire extinguisher." One threat at a time.

    Effect: Inflict Emotional Stress
    Affiliation: Team D10
    Distinction: Heroism Defined D8
    Powers: Psychic Blast D10
    Specialty: Psych Expert D8
    Other: Emotional Stress D8
    Pool: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(3d8+2d10) (4, 2, 7) (3, 9) [25]
    Total: 16
    Effect: D10
    Opportunities:
    Last edited by theScrappy; 09-20-2019 at 06:12 PM.




  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    "Listen," Enfield calls out to Ironsides, "sweetheart, I'm flattered, but I'm just not the settlin' down type." He turns his attention back to Flashburn, and quickly decides the man can't be talked down. "We can talk about this, but first we need a fire extinguisher." One threat at a time.

    Effect: Inflict Emotional Stress
    Affiliation: Team D10
    Distinction: Heroism Defined D8
    Powers: Psychic Blast D10
    Specialty: Psych Expert D8
    Other: Emotional Stress D8
    Pool: Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno D8+Fire Control+Combat Expert - (1d8+1d10+1d8) (1) (6) (7) [14]
    Total: 16
    Effect: D10
    Opportunities:
    As his final effort, he pushes back when he feels the strain on his mind.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRaging Inferno D8+Fire Control+Combat Expert - (1d8+1d10+1d8) (1) (6) (7) [14]
    Flashburn collapses in a comatose pile of smoke. The damage is mostly limited, but the elemental controller himself is badly hurt.

    In a rare moment of sympathy, Typhoon extinguishes the smoldering Flashburn and then challenges Ironsides. "This wasn't part of the deal, man! Whatever she did to him was some whack shit. I thought she was just charismatic and stuff, but I don't work for no fuckin mind controller!" He raises his arms to form two jets of water... That bounce off of the sub-marine warrior like a beachfront wave."She's the next evolution of humanity, and I intend to participate," the megalomaniac cracks his knuckles. "Maybe there is some of the undersea people left in you weaklings. Except for you, of course," he points to Forcefox. "But, outnumbered like this, even I can't fight you all. Let me go, before I decide to rack up civilian casualties."

    He glowers over Perseus in particular.
    "Your healing factor is somewhat impressive. But others do not have your ability. Sooner or later, you will endure, and they will all die. Then you will wish you had become part of our budding new clan."

    Doom Pool: 2d8

    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Everyone Up
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by DarkisnotEvil; 09-24-2019 at 02:50 AM.

    Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •