Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Act 4, Scene 2- Principle and Principal

Blog Entries

Enfield considers Typhoon's request. He's a little surprised, and for a moment considers the possibility that Typhoon is under the effects of mind-control—someone else's—and is attempting to infiltrate their group. If he detects an attempt at manipulation, Enfield does not let on. "Stay here and help," he says to Typhoon. "We'll need it, and he'll need a familiar face when he comes to."

Resistance Roll:
    Buddy D8 (Spirit Haven), Mindful Minder D8, Psychic Resistance D12, Enhanced Senses D8, Covert Expert D8
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d8+1d12) (8, 1, 1, 3) (9) [22]
    Total: 17 — Complication resisted
    Opportunities: 2
    Last edited by theScrappy; 10-10-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Blog Entries

He pauses. "You know," he says thoughtfully, as Spirit Haven heads off to find a trace of life in their assailant, "K'tzir didn't give me all of my abilities." He looks down at Flashburn and then back up at Typhoon; if Typhoon was being sent as an infiltrator, countermeasures would be required. He carefully observes his target as he begins speaking, pushing his words not only into Typhoon's ears, but into his thoughts as an echo: "You were born with your gifts, yes? So was I. Before I knew anything about any 'xeno,' I was useful to the government as a mutant. My gifts kept me alive. They allowed me to partner with K'tzir. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't have survived first contact. I would have perished, with liquified brain matter dripping out my nose, like every other person on that mission." He catches himself as a lump forms in his throat. He allows the sense of regret and loss to flow out, too.

"You're right to be frightened of what's up there. Of the 'Xenos'," he says, once composed. "Because the damnedest thing about it all? They weren't trying to kill us. They were just saying 'hello,' in the only way they knew how. Much up there is dangerous, even when it's not hostile. But if you let that first instinctive fear guide you—if you let it tell you what to do—you'll never know the difference. K'tzir's mission is to keep Tertia free from 'xeno' control, but if you see him as no different than Supreme, you're liable to kill an ally you never knew you had."

He turns his attention back down to Flashburn. "Who did this to him? Who is this 'next evolution?'"

Create Complication: Turning the Storm
    Affiliation: Solo D6
    Distinction: The Mindful Minder D8
    Alien Host: Telepathy D8
    Mutant Empath: Enhanced Senses D10 (Sympathetic Ear SFX)
    Specialty: Psych Expert D8
    Complication: —
    Asset: Taming the Storm D8
    Resource: —
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDice Pool - (1d6+4d8+1d10) (4) (7, 8, 5, 3) (8) [35]
    Total: 15
    Effect: D10
    Opportunities: 0
    Last edited by theScrappy; 10-10-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJentleman View Post
    Spirit Haven finishes his healing, sighing slightly from the exertion of keeping the mutant's soul firmly anchored in his body. He turns his attention to Forcefox and...

"... You have got to be kidding me," He mutters, immediately flying towards the wreck. "I thought he was a mutant, with how high he was talking about himself..." He begins to really scan the area, opening his eyes to the spirit world. He wasn't about to call his life just yet... not until he was completely certain.

Spirit Haven: Dorian Black (Secret?)
    Plot Points: 0
    Stress: None
    (No way to oppose this.)
    His spirit seems to be with him. Perhaps it's an advanced form of self-preservation. That suspicion seems to prove true with every passing moment: His soul coalesces in the center of his chest and stays there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Forcefox laughs at first, thinking Max was joking. But as she sees Force's expression she stops astonished and walks closer, her panic rising.
    What? No! No I didn't! He took worse than that! she exclaims wanting her words to be true but dreading that they aren't. She kneels next to Ironsides body and shakes him gently.
    Come on you prick! You can't be dead! I was only playing! Come on! Don't you do this you pansy arrogant bastard! Wake up!
    When you try to shake him, you find he is inflexible, something that tells you he's not dead- rigor mortis doesn't set in for about two hours after death. "Is he... Is he petrifying himself?" Max asks. "What in the world are the underwater people made of?" Indeed, his skin continues to harden and his body bends before locking into the fetal position. He can be moved, but he's incredibly heavy, more than 300 lbs heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    Enfield considers Typhoon's request. He's a little surprised, and for a moment considers the possibility that Typhoon is under the effects of mind-control—someone else's—and is attempting to infiltrate their group. If he detects an attempt at manipulation, Enfield does not let on. "Stay here and help," he says to Typhoon. "We'll need it, and he'll need a familiar face when he comes to."

Resistance Roll:
    Buddy D8 (Spirit Haven), Mindful Minder D8, Psychic Resistance D12, Enhanced Senses D8, Covert Expert D8
    Total: 17 — Complication resisted
    Opportunities: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    He pauses. "You know," he says thoughtfully, as Spirit Haven heads off to find a trace of life in their assailant, "K'tzir didn't give me all of my abilities." He looks down at Flashburn and then back up at Typhoon; if Typhoon was being sent as an infiltrator, countermeasures would be required. He carefully observes his target as he begins speaking, pushing his words not only into Typhoon's ears, but into his thoughts as an echo: "You were born with your gifts, yes? So was I. Before I knew anything about any 'xeno,' I was useful to the government as a mutant. My gifts kept me alive. They allowed me to partner with K'tzir. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't have survived first contact. I would have perished, with liquified brain matter dripping out my nose, like every other person on that mission." He catches himself as a lump forms in his throat. He allows the sense of regret and loss to flow out, too.

"You're right to be frightened of what's up there. Of the 'Xenos'," he says, once composed. "Because the damnedest thing about it all? They weren't trying to kill us. They were just saying 'hello,' in the only way they knew how. Much up there is dangerous, even when it's not hostile. But if you let that first instinctive fear guide you—if you let it tell you what to do—you'll never know the difference. K'tzir's mission is to keep Tertia free from 'xeno' control, but if you see him as no different than Supreme, you're liable to kill an ally you never knew you had."

He turns his attention back down to Flashburn. "Who did this to him? Who is this 'next evolution?'"

Create Complication: Turning the Storm
    Affiliation: Solo D6
    Distinction: The Mindful Minder D8
    Alien Host: Telepathy D8
    Mutant Empath: Enhanced Senses D10 (Sympathetic Ear SFX)
    Specialty: Psych Expert D8
    Complication: —
    Asset: Taming the Storm D8
    Resource: —
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolo+Thug+Menace Expert+Push Die - (1d8+1d8+2d6+1d6) (5) (8) (4, 3) (4) [24]
    Total: 15
    Effect: D10
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSolo+Thug+Menace Expert+Push Die - (1d8+1d8+2d6+1d6) (5) (8) (4, 3) (4) [24]
    "Some chick named Aurelia who thinks she's hot shit. She had everyone listening to her, and everything she said just seemed to make sense. She wants to create an 'ethnostate' for mutants so that they're not abused. She has gold skin and black eyes- not just in the middle, the whole way, making her look like a living statue." He pauses and looks up before adding, "She didn't say what her power is, but she told me her parents made her wear a hazmat suit and get homeschooled her whole life. They really did care about her, but they didn't know how to handle her, and her power was a burden on them. Kind of like my dad, except hers gave a shit."

Doom Pool: 2d6
    Scene Distinctions: Taking Sides, Rights and Responsibilities, Heroism Defined
    Next Up: Everyone Up

The Scene is coming to a close: Medical personnel will be present shortly. What are your priorities here? Did you want to continue in the school construction, did you want to pursue Aurelia, or are you looking to intervene against Haulia? If you have all those interests in mind, which do you pursue first?

Sadiyah
    :
    Investigator 3- Athelos Rising

Blog Entries

Perseus listens to Flashburn with concern.
    "So it sounds like a bunch of people looking for safety found someone who can control minds with pheromones or something similar.............yeah I can't see any way this turns out good. And she might want to take the land for the new state by force, which would only make things more chaotic. Sounds like someone should check her out, whiile having some sort of air filter to not get controlled."

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456