Thread: Chapter 9.8 Vort's Quest

1. Default Chapter 9.8 Vort's Quest

"Guys," Vort begins, his voice and demeanor somber, "I've been looking over my map and notes about the location of this supposed god-item of Reorx--which I'm pretty damn sure that's what it is, and well, I don't have a specific location for it. I thought I had, I thought I had, really, really, but as it turns out, all I have it a generalized location along the Spire river, and not something exact." Looking downward still, "I really thought I had it. So look, if you don't want to go help me search the river for this thing, I understand, I'll go it alone and try not to die, but if you'll help me, well, it could take weeks as we search around every damn waterfall along that river. We might lose our horses, but hey, we got two fine elvish canoes now, so, uh, what do you say?"

2. Default

"I will help you, Master Vortigern, as I always have. But if we are cursed to spend weeks searching for it, perhaps we should postpone the trip for a moment longer and return to Alliance. I would suggest that we also try to save the halfling wizards stuck in the Tower of Limbo, but who knows how long that could take. We've already seen the effects of time shifting on different planes when we traveled to Sirrion's domain..." Brandon says, his voice fading away as he recalled the journey through the elemental plane and the resurrection of the God-smith.
    Last edited by Hideous; 08-08-2019 at 09:11 PM.

3. Default

Vort nods and says, "Thank you Brandon, but in good conscience, I can delay my quest any longer. If I must go it alone, then I will, and I will understand completely if none join me."

"I agreed to help, the time taken to achieve it is of no consequence. As for the ones in the tower, whether we aid them now or in a month, they will not know any different.... but we will need to gather supplies in case it does in fact take us longer than originally thought. Extra rations, torches or lanterns, ropes, climbing gear etc. Anything you think we might need, so for that we may need to pass through Alliance on the way.... unless we can get all we need elsewhere?"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

5. Default

Kalthanar just stares at Vortigern for several seconds, “What? Have you taken leave of your senses? Rhagmur is in chaos. Madness has overtaken the dwarves and you want to spend weeks searching a river? Zebsen told us there would be little benefit to bringing back Reorx if all of his followers were dead. We need to travel north to Rhagmur immediately. The crown might even still be there which could bring back your god. They need our help now. They running out of time.”

"If we go hunting along the river then we will be fine with just us, but if we go to Rhagmur itself, we will need friends. In that case we should see if our Pride of the Past friends are in fact coming to the fort. And invite them along. I don't fancy taking on a Dwarvish hold - yet alone a crazed Dwarvish hold, with just the 5 of us - regardless... I will go Vort, with whichever you decide, because I have already given my word that I would".
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

7. Default

"It is not a hold," Vort replies calmly, "It is a city and if we go in there, sure as shit, we will fall. Whatever killed the king and have driven the populace mad, will not be stopped by us alone. That is why I seek the item in question, to bolster our strength, and to give us insight to what is happening to my people. Knowing is half the battle!"

Rian says, "You'll have whatever you need from me."

9. Default

Vort replies with a smile, "I thank you, Rian, you are a true friend and companion in arms."