Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Chapter 52 The Final Resting Place of Ashoman

  1. #21

    Default

    Althir AC 17 Hp: 75/75

    Althir concentrates on keeping his wits about him. The fendari summons the power of Ariendel as the warlock points the wand again at the floating skull. "The Undying Turac Ravaiicle." Twin grey beams of force speed towards the floating skull.

    Cast Agonizing Blast
    attack 1:
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (12) [23]

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+4) (9) [13]


    attack 2:
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+11) (3) [14]

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d10+4) (7) [11]

    flamequench damage: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6) (4) [4]


  2. Default

    Zavros snarls, "To Hel with you!" He cuts four times with Ildirim.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage - (2d20b1+9) (19, 15) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage1 - (1d8+7) (4) [11]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage - (2d20b1+9) (12, 9) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage1 - (1d8+7) (5) [12]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage - (2d20b1+9) (3, 8) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage1 - (1d8+7) (2) [9]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage - (2d20b1+9) (14, 7) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage1 - (1d8+7) (4) [11]
    Last edited by Luopo; 07-24-2019 at 08:41 PM.

  3. Default

    Using Precision Attack on the Attack Roll of 17 (#3).

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPrecision Attack - (1d10) (2) [2]


    Using Menacing Attack.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMenacing Attack - (1d10) (4) [4]
    Last edited by Luopo; 07-24-2019 at 08:41 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Ivar - HPs 56/57 - AC 20 - L1 3/4, L2 0/3, L3 2/3, L4 1/3, L5 1/1, BI 2/3. (1 pt exhaustion)


    There is a muted groan of frustration as he looks down at his bow on the ground. Angry with himself he moves to pick it up and fire it once more. Fervently hoping he can maintain his grip on the thing this time.
    He also realizes as the arrows are lofted once more, that Walden and Axar were definitely rattled by something in close .... he yells words of inspiration to (whomever is still standing - if both are then Walden) - hoping that it helps to keep him standing.


    ***
    Move to pick up bow (free action)
    Fire bow
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (8) [19] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (16) [27] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (7) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo Hit - (1d20+11) (13) [24] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (4) [10]

    Bonus action - CombatBI on Walden if still standing - otherwise Axar (I couldn't tell who made the Roar save or not). (1d8 = ST, ABcheck, Att Roll, Dam Roll, or ReactAC)
    This is assuming they are in range, or if by moving forward with some or all of my remaining movement, will put them in range. Please wait for DM to declare IF the BI is granted and to Whom.
    I can't view the map atm - apologies.
    Corn cant expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  5. Default

    Axar feels something trying to affect his mind, as he clutches at his ears, but manages to stay conscious—unlike Walden who succumbs to the auditory attack. Seeing Walden fallen, Axar opts to attack recklessly, trying to get through the floating skull's defenses, but fails badly. He then moves behind the skull creature, standing over Walden's fallen form, hoping to coordinate with Zavros as he charges forward.

    Hildegard has no ranged attack that can match the distance from which Althir can shoot. She dashes to past the sarcophagus door, closer to the battle.

    Cormack steps out into the hall and listens carefully for the sound of his companion's voices, hoping that they are still somewhere nearby in the complex. He is immediately rewarded by the sounds of battle down the hallway and the sight of Althir blasting something with his wand down the other hallway.

    Sully watches in horror as his perfectly aimed arrow bounces harmlessly off the skull's forehead. "Yeah fuck this," he mutters, retreating north up the stairs into the chamber with the four busts. He approaches the bust with the intricate eyes and readies his action to re-activate the Wall of Force after Althir acts.

    Zavros reaches for Ildirim, “I’m probably going to regret this...” White hot pain shoots up his arm as he grasps the hilt of the holy sword and only through true grit and inspiration from Ivar is he able to force back the pain and the voice yelling in his head that he was unworthy.

    Althir concentrates on keeping his wits about him. The fendari summons the power of Ariendel as the warlock points the wand again at the floating skull. "The Undying Turac Ravaiicle." Twin grey beams of force speed towards the floating skull and again, only the first beam strikes its target.

    Suddenly the Wall of Force snaps back in place as Sully presses both of the eyes of the male bust, trapping the rest inside except for himself, Althir and Cormack approaching from down the hall. Sully is amazed upon seeing Cormack. Was he among the living, or now the walking dead.

    Zavros snarls, "To Hel with you!" as he charges forward and then with a powerful surge, strikes the floating skull twice.

    The Demilich casts it’s gaze upon Zavros and says, “A curse upon you!”
    Zav, please make a DC15 Wisdom save. Failure means you will be at disadvantage when attacking and making any saving throws.

    There is a muted groan of frustration as Ivar looks down at his bow on the ground. Angry with himself he moves to pick it up and fire it once more. Fervently hoping he can maintain his grip on the thing this time. He also realizes as the arrows are lofted once more, that Walden had fallen to the creature and Axar was definitely rattled by something in close. He yells words of inspiration to Axar to keep on the offensive. As his first arrow barely misses, Ivar’s subsequent arrows both strike their target true.

    The floating skull open’s wide its mouth and begins to draw the lifeforce from those near him—tendrils of life giving energy begins to siphon off the three surrounding him.
    Walden, Axar, Zavros, please make a DC19 Con save or take 21hp damage.
    Walden, if you fail, please make a stabilize roll.

    OOC: 1 Combat round by Thursday night.

    -29hp Demilich
    Cave40Rd2.PNG
    Last edited by Luopo; 07-25-2019 at 11:13 PM.

  6. Default

    Zavros grits his teeth and fights through the spells assaulting his mind and body, "Hildegard heal up Walden now!"

    OOC: Keep flanking with Axar and attack twice.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage - (2d20b1+9) (15, 10) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage1 - (1d8+7) (1) [8]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack Advantage - (2d20b1+9) (20, 5) [29]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage2 - (1d8+7) (1) [8]

  7. Default

    And critical damage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical - (1d8) (2) [2]

    And menacing attack.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMenacing Attack - (1d10) (3) [3]

    OOC: That's 21 total damage. Rolled terrible on the damage rolls.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 07-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.

  8. #28

    Default Ac: 17, 95/95

    With Ivar's inspiration, Axar is able to ignore the life draining effects surrounding him. Coordinating with Zavros, Axar starts unloading on the floating skull with Kinslayer. He taunts it as he does, trying to get it to focus on him, "You've tried three times, and haven't done shit to me, bonebag!"

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+8) (14) [22] (flanking cancels out frightened)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d12+4) (4) [8]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+8) (12) [20] (flanking cancels out frightened)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d12+4) (12) [16]

    SENTINELYou have mastered techniques to take advantage of every drop in any enemy’s guard, gaining the following benefits:


    • When you hit a creature with an opportunity attack, the creature’s speed becomes 0 for the rest of the turn.
    • Creatures within 5 feet of you provoke opportunity attacks from you even if they take the Disengage action before leaving your reach.
    • When a creature within 5 feet of you makes an attack against a target other than you (and that target doesn’t have this feat), you can use your reaction to make a melee weapon attack against the attacking creature

    Last edited by zebsen; 07-25-2019 at 01:50 PM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Althir roars at Sully, "Drop that damn Wall of Force! Our friends are in there."
    Althir waited impatiently for the wall of force to drop. The warlock rubs the wand of Ariendel itching to cast again.

  10. Default

    Sully does as he is told, once more activating the eyes to dismiss the Wall of Force so Althir can attack. I was just making sure we could still activate it, Sully hastily explains, If we can retreat, we can trap it. He wondered how Cormack was alive, or if he was undead, but the floating skull was the more pressing issue.
    Last edited by Hideous; 07-25-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •