Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 142

Thread: [IC 2] Warren Peace

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Damian continues to snooze, drool slightly, a smile flutters across his face... he does not snore. Blissfully unaware of the conversation that seems to be taking place.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  2. Default

    Gallant nods. "Aye, a pleasant morning to you as well. But I could say the same about you. What brings you here at this early hour?"

    He allows his hand to drop off the hilt of his sword.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    "Oh, just following the trade route," the man in the wagon replies. "I'm carting a whole load of--whoa, easy, girl." He has to stop his sentence short because his large dog has its teeth bared and has begun to growl in the direction of the campsite.

    Eldon is instantly wary, moving his waterskin to his non-dominant hand so he can have his main spellcasting hand free.

    "Easy. Eeeeeasy," the man says, petting the dog to keep it calm. "A whole load of flour to Ironkeep," he finishes. "Sorry, she's not usually like this. Anyway, I hate to trouble you fellows, but I was wondering if any of you happened to have any lantern oil? My carriage lanterns here have begun to burn pretty low and they aren't giving off much light. If I'd noticed in time, I would have bought some, but now I'm out here on the road and the closest town is already a day behind me."

  4. Default

    Gallant shakes his head. "No, but I carry torches you could take to keep you through the night. I'd ask my companions, but I don't think they would be keen on me waking them at this hour." He gives a slight chuckle. He makes a quick comment offhand. "Unless you have any, Eldon."
    Last edited by HorseyFatback; 07-25-2019 at 08:38 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Eldon, wide-eyed, just rapidly shakes his head no.

    "Torches. That'd be--guh!" the man says, yanking the growling dog's leash to keep it from jumping off the wagon. "Dammit, Della, calm down and hold still. Yes, some torches would be just fine, and much appreciated. Thank you, good sirs."

  6. Default

    Gallant eyes the dog uncertainly, but nods at the man and begins rummaging through his pack. "How many do you need? I have ten at the moment but would like to have a couple leftover in case of an emergency." He hands the man however many he needs and reaches up to shake his hand. "The name's Gallant, by the way." He keeps watching the growling dog. "I have some experience working with animals, if you want me to try and calm her."

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    "That would be--ooph--nice," the man says. "I don't know what's gotten into her. She's--urf--never like this. Four torches would be--guh--more than enough!"

  8. Default

    Gallant approaches the dog with one hand out, allowing her to sniff it and familiarize herself with his scent. As he does so, he cast Speak with Animals. "What's the matter girl, something's got you worried?"

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ennis, Texas
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    Gallants gets about halfway to the dog, his hand out and the spell successfully cast, when she suddenly lets loose with a series of loud, ferocious barking and snarling. The man in the wagon has to tackle her to prevent her from jumping off the seat and charging the campsite. Gallant understands the creature.

    "Stay away from Master, Beast!" the dog is practically screaming. "I will kill you to protect Master!"

    As soon as the dog lets loose with the barking, Eldon jumps to his feet in fright, his right hand glowing with an offensive spell primed and ready.

    About the same time that Eldon jumps to his feet, the wagon man's two horses are suddenly spooked. They neigh in fright and instantly bolt, yanking the cart forward and causing the man and his dog to fall backward into the wagon.

    "Predator!" Gallant heard one of the horses yell when they became spooked. "Run away!" the other one said.

    "Whoa, I don't know what's happening!" the man can be heard yelling as the wagon speeds away. "Sorry! Goodbyyyyyyyye!" He quickly disappears into the dark and his voice fades away with distance.

    [Anyone who wants their characters to hear this and wake up is free to have this happen. It won't have any real bearing on the overall chain of events. Captain Alec is the first one to appear, stepping half-way out of his tent and asking what in the hell is going on. The story of what just happened can be shared right then, or everyone can stay asleep and talk about it in the morning, because the remainder of second watch is uneventful, as is the entire third watch.]

    Morning finally arrives and everyone begins working on breaking down camp and hunting some breakfast.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Having been told of the visiting Caravan in the night when he assumed his Watch with Alec.... Damian is a little unsettled by Breakfast.... only because he kept expecting some beast to jump out of the bushes. His nervousness probably set Alec's teeth on edge at the very least.

    Nibbling upon some rations.... Damian does however finally voice something that had been bothering him since the Tor.

    "Eldon, When we all held that book, it 'told' us that it would give two pages for every brain and yet you said that you only got two more pages when we found you with those hobgoblin corpses. Did one of the brains fail somehow? I only ask because I am curious .... all things anatomical or biological are curious to me. It helps in understanding how things work."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •