Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 179

Thread: [IC 2] Warren Peace

  1. #21

    Default

    "So...did I miss anything while I slept?" the now well-rested cleric asks the following morning to the gathered party.



  2. Default

    Gallant nods at Yuenni and rubs his arms quietly. "It was strange. A traveler passed us by. He had a hound that was visibly put off. When I tried to speak with it to learn why it panicked. His horses did as well and they pulled him away before we could speak further. The creatures mentioned a beast." He pauses. "A predator."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    "Yes," Eldon says to Damian, staring at his food and shoveling big bites into his mouth. It's some kind of oatmeal mash. "One of the brains failed."

    Alec aggressively scratches behind one of his ears. "The whole thing makes no sense," he says in support of Gallant. "Nothing else happened the rest of the night. The forest itself even became almost entirely quiet, right, Damian?" He sets his food aside, unable to finish. It's meat of some kind that is nearly raw.

    "Amazed I slept through all that," Ravewood mumbles through his food. It's some kind of meat stew with a side of picked berries.

    "Hail!" a voice can be heard suddenly from far away. Turning to look way down the road, everyone can see a lone man on horseback galloping quickly toward the group.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,440

    Default

    Stuffing food in mouth whilst pulling on his newly acquired Studded Leather armor.... Damian murmurs "Yes, really quiet, kept me on edge all night, I felt like I was being watched, but then, after that Tomb, I am probably just a touch paramoid".

    The shouted voice, the galloping horse though spur Damian into grabbing his crossbow in case its needed..... "Then again its not paranoia if something actually happens"
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  5. Default

    Gallant starts at the unexpected voice, but does nothing other than inch his hand slightly closer to the handle of his greatsword.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    If no one makes any hostile-looking movements, the man on horseback comes galloping right up to camp, pulling his horse to a skidding stop.

    "Adventurers?!" he bluntly asks.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,440

    Default

    Damian waits, warily watching the horseman and waits for the Captain, or someone to find out what this fellow wants.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Posts
    1,897

    Default

    When no one answers for a beat, the man asks again, even more urgently this time.

    "Please, are you adventurers?!"

    "Alright, son, yes," Alec says, punctuating it with a loud sniff and then a small cough. "Yes, I suppose we are."

    "Oh thank the gods!" the man on the horse rejoices. "Please, you must all come with me at once! We need your help! My entire village is in trouble, we must go now! Where are your horses?"

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    4,440

    Default

    "I have no horse" mutters Damian. "In fact, None of us do... so tell us more.... the name of your village and what troubles it would be a good start, while we work out our travel plans"

    (He quickly packs his things in preparation for travelling once more... He just knows that he is going to be very sore by the time they get where ever.... assuming they go).
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

  10. #30

    Default

    Before the horseman comes, and while Damian - and that Eldon... - stuff the mush-y stuff into their mouths, Yuenni takes a good hard look at the mush itself and the nearly-raw meat Alec found distasteful...all while hearing those haunting words echo in her ears: "one of the brains failed."

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerceptiom - (1d20+5) [6]


    (OOC: Goddamn it...haha)

    But right as she was about to study it, the horseman came and all hell broke loose.

    I'll tell you this much, though: she sure'as'shit didn't eat any of it.

    --------

    "Where is your village, sir?" the cleric asks, suddenly prepared to travel like the others.
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 08-01-2019 at 03:43 PM.



Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •