Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC 2] Warren Peace

Gallant begins to hoop and holler, waving his arms around as he slowly turns in a circle. The creature sees and hears this from a distance and immediately turns to face town, momentarily almost stumbling over as if it can't balance its own big, round body, and then lowers its head and begins charging in Gallant's direction, flapping its wings and releasing some terrible noises. "Bawk!" it bellows as it charges. "Bawk! Buh-gawk!"

Yuenni tenses, weapon in hand, ready to strike if necessary.

Gallant quickly darts through the archway and back into town, stopping about twenty feet in so that he still remains the creature's focus. It becomes more apparent how strange the creature is as it gets closer. Its head kind of bobs about randomly, bouncing around as it runs. Its eyes don't ever really focus on anything. Its wings don't beat in unison. Instead they alternate, like one would do with their arms while running. Its body is nasty, whole chunks of it a different color than the rest of it and it is covered in long lines that look like they could be scars. "[Stupid horn-human]!" the creature yells in draconic, greatly surprising Yeunni, who understands it. "[Begone]! Buh-gawk!" It runs into range of the net trap.

Damian yanks on the trap trigger line, hoping that it works.....

Authentic Forum Dice-rollCrosses Fingers - (1d20+4) (18) [22] +2 more if Proficiency counts at all.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Yuenni is indeed surprised. However, she also restrains herself and doesn't speak until the beast is well and fully captured.

Damian's timing is practically perfect. The net looses and comes falling down on the cockatrice. It seems completely surprised and pretty quickly begins to panic, flailing around and only getting itself more tangled in the net.

"[What?! Oh, no! No, no, no, no! Let me out! Please let me out!]"

"Yes!" shouts a clearly elated Damian.

He quickly unslings his crossbow and loads it, intending to begin firing upon the now trapped creature........

"Wait! It can speak!" Yuenni cries when the net comes down.

"Just...wait. Please," she says to her companions.

Then, switching to Draconic, she says, "You have been captured, creature, and my allies seek your demise. Tell me why I ought to stop them. Tell me why I ought to allow you to terrorize this poor village and its peoples once more!"

Damian looks flabbergasted.... *Talks?* he thinks to himself. *It sounds like a chicken.... squawks like a chicken..... its a gods damn chicken!*

He looks at Alec as if to say that He thinks the Young woman has finally cracked and gone around the bend.

His finger however stays on the trigger of his crossbow, pointed at the feathered menace in the net, ready to fire the moment he needs to.

10. Default

Gallant doesn't drop his sword, but nods as Yuenni asks to speak to the creature. As far as he can tell, it's no more "evil" than a wolf attacking a lonely traveler. Dangerous, sure, but killing this beast outright would not be ridding the world of any great monstrosity.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast