Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Actions Thread

1. Default

For Nox's next trick, I guess I'll give the oil to Therenody and then continue to attack with the Fire Warrior.

However it would be great to get a fireball in. I forgot if I used an AP and if there are other status effects.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

Blog Entries

I dug up the last round summary we had. You can check it out here. http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...01#post1261101

But so can I! So to answer your questions: Noxias has no AP's to use. He's also taking ongoing 8 damage.

Blog Entries

For future reference, the last two comments made by Malk0lm and I (not this very post though) would be more appropriate in the Panic Station thread, since they don't deal with finalized (meaning also dice-rolled) actions.

Round 5 Summary: http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/...01#post1261101

Round 6 Player Actions

Noxias . Initiative 27
    *Fire Warrior attacks Unknown Assailant
    12 vs. Reflex (14 if UA is prone?). 14 fire damage.
    *Withdraw vial of Ghoststrike Oil.
    *Move towards ally who wants Ghoststrike Oil (if possible) (light pink squares are very difficult terrain, so Noxias cannot safely shift 1xW)
    Save vs. ongoing damage = 20 (nice).
    Extra roll if needed: 18.

Rampart . Initiative 18
    Delaying until Initiative Count 14
    * Attacks Unknown Assailant with Grappling Strike.
    20 vs. AC. 10 damage and you grab the target. The grab ends automatically at the end of your next turn.

Khlarissa . Initiative 16
    (I have no idea how Khlarissa got that far west! But if she did, she knows there are no traps. And she's prone? Her summary from round 5 didn't feel complete to me. Anyway I think she should just spend a double move getting back to the east side of the map for safety)

Mar’ro . Initiative 14
    *Attacks Unknown Assailant with Close To The Kill.
    29 vs. Reflex. 13 damage + 5 (see below) = 18 damage total.
    *Free action: Daily. Gauntlets of Ogre Power = +5 damage.
    If Unknown Assailant is killed, Mar’ro gains 8 temp HP.
    *Insight check = 22, to see who the Gargoyle might attack.
    *Perception check = 31 to estimate Gargoyle’s HP.

Threnody . Initiative 14
    * Second wind
    -> Free Action (daily): Symbol of Shared Healing on Elunnia -> Elunnia spends a healing surge.
    * Move 1xS.
    * Save vs. weakness = 17.

Elunnia . Initiative 14
    * Invokes Healing Spirit -> spends a healing surge on herself.
    -> Threnody receives 8 hp.
    -> Noxias receives 16 hp.
    * Moves 1xE (between Noxias and his Fire Warrior)

yShekka
    * Moves 1xS (adjacent to Joizy and Gargoyle).
    * Attacks Joizy with Watcher's Strike.
    25 vs. Reflex. 9 damage. Until EOT, the party gains +1 to attack rolls and +5 bonus to Perception checks while adjacent to yShekka and Ob Emthaug.

Ob Emthaug
    * Moves 3xN (adjacent to Unknown Assailant).
    Last edited by OtterKnow; 08-06-2019 at 12:26 AM. Reason: messed up the colours

I think you missed some of her prior actions. She also switched to attacking the apparition, so we need to get her roll she made for that.

I can go over things later tonight or tomorrow and make corrections. Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

Great moves, Mar'ro! Glad to see the UA drop!

Unless Rampart can end a move action underneath the hovering Fire Warrior (which I don't think he can), then Rampart can't make an attack this round. So he'll double move! 1xSE (costs 2), 1xS (costs 3). Then he'll move 1xS again (costs 3) to be adjacent to the Gargoyle.

6. Default

Can I move the Fire warrior one square so that Rampart can occupy that space? Or does it need to be two spaces?
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

Umiushi says that the Fire Warrior should not impede Rampart's current actions and can remain where it is. If Noxias still wants to move it, he is allowed to, though.

Umiushi has a correction: it takes minor actions to command the Fire Warrior to move, so Noxias would have to do this instead of either his own movement, or his retrieval of the vial of Ghoststrike Oil.

Elunnia forgot to do her saving throw, so here it is for reference.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSaving Throw - (d20) [8]

Umiushi remains confused about how to resolve Rampart's turn:

Regarding Rampart and the Fire Warrior, if the Fire Warrior was standing on the balcony, other creatures occupying its square would have to be prone. However, as it is flying overhead, anyone can move under it and allies especially would not be impeded. Also, if it were possible to do so, such as by flying, any ally could move through its square as long as they didn't end their movement occupying its square at its same elevation. Lastly, the movement to set up a potential charge or the first movement of a double-move does not violate the rule about "ending movement in an occupied square" while it is understood that the movement forms part of a continuous move action.

This means that if Rampart wanted to charge the Gargoyle here and now, he can do so. Also, he can do so freely moving through not just the Fire Warrior's square, but Mar'ro's or Elunnia's squares, if desired, as long as he ends the charge in a square either N or NW of the Gargoyle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast