Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Case 1: The Pet Predicament

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

"You're too kind m'lady." Enialis adds.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Blog Entries

"Of course. My Carriage is right this way." She leads the way to one of the largest carriages you have seen on the island. Quite possibly it had to be shipped in pieces from somewhere else and then assembled there on the island. You ride from the noisy and crowded market district where your office slash home (ya'll live upstairs) resides through the streets. You pass shops and modest homes, taverns, wharfs and warehouses until you reach the edge of town. The homes here near the forest overlook the sea, and some indeed have private beaches. The one she leads you to is a large home on the forest's edge pained in garish pastels. A low fence surrounds the entire property. The carriage is driven to the port-cochere (Overhang by the front door) and stops there. your patron dismounts first, then beckonsyou to follow her inside.

Blog Entries

Gnash is the first one to dash inside.. The promise of food was just to great for him to hold back

Sighing heavily like one long oppressed, Enialis shakes his head as he steps from the carriage and quietly follows the client into the home while remaining on alert.
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Marin will be the last to enter the home, following his co-workers.

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Blog Entries

The home is massive. Rooms lead into rooms lead into rooms. Hallways lead everywhere. The home is full of art and sculpture. A lot of it seems to feline in focus. There are paintings of cats, ancient Oasian sculptures of cats and cats carved out of what appears to be jade and semi-precious stones. You do see 4 cats in various states of overweightness in various places around the manor.

For everyone except Gnash, she leads you through the hallways to a kitchen. A bronze-skinned halfling in a white coat and hat appears to be working at a stove stirring something, standing on a rolling step. There are a handful of others in here, cleaning up from breakfast or assisting the halfing in preparing for lunch. "Robb, I'll be having guests for lunch. 4 more servings, if you please."

The Halfing nods. "Ah'll be gettin' raght on that, Madame Charmant."

She guestures. "Lunch will be a little while if you want to look around for clues first."

Gnash, since you let your stomach rule you , you risk getting lost in the mansion with noone to guide you around. Roll me Perception to find your way to the kitchen.

Blog Entries

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+8) (1) [9] (lost i am)
    Last edited by Krivak; 07-03-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Enialis goes looking for the normal location of the missing fat cat....

Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+9) [15]

Blog Entries

The lady, whom you know as Mrs. Charmant has one of her servants leave, then return with a pet bed embroidered with "Schmoopsie"

"This is her special pet bed. Will that work?"

She guestures to an Undine in a tuxedo. "This is Arik. He's my butler, and normally lets the cats out."

He nods slightly. "Indeed. I did so last night. I let them out around 8 in the evening and let them in around 8:30. It may have been a few minutes after that. The cats are...individualistic sometimes and they can take a while to return. When Schmoopsie did not return, I took a lantern and searched the backyard area. I searched for maybe 15 to 20 minutes, but didn't find any trace. I thought perhaps she had wandered off, as cats are sometimes wont to do, but when she didn't return in the morning, I became concerned."

Enialis, you find a room labelled "Cat Room". Inside is a veritable cat palace of towers, wooden boxes, scratching posts and beds. 4 cats, all overweight, but in various colors and patterens lounge about in areas around the room.

Gnash, you are still wandering the halls. The servants see you and most take a wide berth. Oversized gerblins are a bit frightening after all. You can either roll diplomacy (at a -2) to ask the servants or make a second perception check to finally find your way to the kitchens.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast