Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Case 1: The Pet Predicament

Default Case 1: The Pet Predicament

Case 1: The Pet Predicament

You were promised adventure. You were promised exitement. You were promised glory and fortune. You were not promised Southport. This town of less than 2500 people rests at a quiet harbor at the on the southern end of Seagull Island in the tropics. The most famous thing about Southport is the Jammery, a factory that converts fruits into jams and preserves and ship them around the world. Itíd be nice to have some jam today. But you donít.

You sit alone in the slightly rundown space that the Spyglass Agency rents. You think it used to be a store of some kind. Maybe a hat shop. There do seem to be a lot of weird hats in the back. The hot tropical sun is only offset by the cooler breeze that drifts off the ocean. Itís been very very quiet since Valentyne Boote, your superior in charge of all agents on Spyglass Island assigned you here to Southport. Youíre doing whatever you can to fill time when all of a sudden the door slams open.

A pudgy, middle aged human woman blasts her way inside. She is very upset and is yelling ďMy Baby! My Baby! My poor prescious baby! Wonít somebody help me!?Ē

Marin immediately jumps to his feet. "Do come in, dear lady, and tell us of your predicament. Please, have a seat." He offers the potential client the chair he had previously occupied. "How may we be of service?"

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Blog Entries

From the back, Gnash comes walking out.. He found one the hats that's big and wide with a feather on it.. Of course now on his head. While chewing on a old meat bone he sits down on the floor trying to figure out what's going on.

Excitement!?! Block. Glory!?! Back hand slice. Adventure!?! Leg sweep to downward strike. In the space behind their 'headquarters', his physical exercises allow him to evaluate things mentally. This morning Aneurin reflects on the yet-unfulfilled promises made by the Spyglass Agency. The hot sun feels good as it warms his muscles, though he should probably hydrate soon.

The sudden commotion inside pulls his attention. Now seems like a good time to break. Tucking his well-crafted spear under his arm, Aneurin goes inside to investigate.
    Last edited by ArchDruidCrea; 06-16-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: personalizing text

The woman flomps down in a chair and takes a moment to catch her breath. "It's my Schmoopsie. He didn't come back home after I let him out last night. He always comes back for his treaties. I know something's wrong."

Blog Entries

Seeing Aneurin coming inside Gnash walks up to him with a tilted head.. "what's a Schmoopsie.. And does it taste good?" his tummy growls in response.. as it's been more then an hour sense it actually ate something

Blog Entries

Gnash looks a little upset "But Gnash hungry" He points at the woman "You pay for food right?!.. If we find S..Sch,,, Schmoopise?"

The woman looks aghast at Gnash. "I would never eat Schmoopsie! Schmoopsie is my pet cat, but she's so much more. She's my prescious babbykins." She settles down for a moment before replying about the payment. "Of course, I'll pay you. I will pay each of you 50 gold if you find what happened to Schmoopsie. I'll throw in an extra 25 if she's recovered safe and sound."

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

At the mention of gold, Enialis opens his eyes, then with a sigh slides his feet off the desk. The two legs of the chair that had been airborne return to the floor as he sits up and stretches. "Catching cats? Not the kind I usually prefer to play with, but coin is coin. Better than the boredom I guess..."
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, ďAre you really sure?Ē
    Do you dare challenge my Brute?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast