Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 4: The Brave & The Bold (part 2)

Default Chapter 4: The Brave & The Bold (part 2)

Gritznak sits in his chair next to his cousin, whom is his faithful body guard and second in command. Together they devour a large meal of mutton and what remains of the winter ale, curtesy of the Malforten townsolk.

He has worked hard to establish his position of power and dominance. Now it is he who controls the north Fallow Hills and the Fangwood, not his former pack or the Legion. He quickly tired of his pack and sought to take control but was expelled from the Bigsky pack. He is now grateful to no longer be among those stuck in the old ways and traditions, the females were bitches anyway feeling they should hold control of the pack. Now he and his pack of bachelors have been able to achieve more than the Bigsky has ever been able to achieve in generations. With the power and guidance that he discovered here in these forgotten catacombs he wouldn’t have been able to retaliate and expel the Ironfang Legion.

They had chased he and his pack deep into the woods, when they found shelter here beneath the ruined temple just three years ago. After exploring deep into its recesses he emerged a new and more powerful warrior. After succeeding in many risky tactics that should have been near failure his new pack-mates gave him the new name; Gritznak The Bold.

“The outriders left as instructed. They should return in a couple of days with more information on these new heroes who arrived.” Kruon the outrider boss reports. “Do you have any further orders Bold One?”

OOC
    What are Gritznak’s instructions?
    Or does his second in command have anything to say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Default

"Let me know immediately when we know anything about these so-called heroes", Gritznak says with his usual gruff and confident tone. There is a hint of disgust and disdain in his voice as he says the last word.

He pauses for a few moments and barks his orders, "I have worked hard for us to be able to call this a new home. A new stronghold. We will not lose this to complacency. Increase the frequency of our patrols. I need to know if they are foolish enough to really challenge me. Have some of us work on a few tripwires and pit traps."

He looks to his cousin and says, "Cousin, do we still have any of those bear traps we acquired from the kind townsfolk?"
    Last edited by theskyvalker; 06-15-2019 at 10:22 AM.

“You know cousin?” Gritznak’s second in command asked after tearing of a large piece of mutton. “Mmm nnnn I don’t understand mmm nnnn why you don’t just mmm nnn use the girl for the last sacrifice.” Bits of meat fall from his chomping jaws with every word. He finishes by taking a lengthy draft of the winter ale from his large tankard. “BRRRRR! Then you will complete the ritual and have all the power you’ve ever wanted.”

But Gritznak knew it wasn’t just the number of sacrifices needed to complete the ritual that the temple has called him to complete. More than just a whelp of a girl would be needed. In order to receive great power, the final sacrifice must also poses great power. That is why these heroes were needed. Perhaps one of them was worthy enough for the task. But the only way for him to truly know of their power is to have them come to the temple and challenge them himself.

Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-19-2019 at 02:41 PM.

4. Default

"The girl is just bait... that is the highest purpose she can fulfill", Gritznak says dismissively. "We need someone of worth to be the last sacrifice. Quality matters."

"Let these so-called heroes come to us. Let them trigger a few of our traps and be tested. If they are bested by minor contraptions, they're not worthy either. But, if they do come here to challenge us and show us that they are worthy enough to face us, our pack, in combat, only then shall one of them suffice for the final sacrifice."

(Who is this girl? Some civilian from the village?)

”What ever you say cousin. You’re da boss.” He submits before taking another mouthful and begins sucking the marrow out of the bone.

”Yes Bold One. I shall have the pack increase their patrols and begin on setting traps for these challengers.” The packmate acknowledges and prepares to turn. ”Is there anything else?”

Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-19-2019 at 05:33 PM.

6. Default Chapter 4: The Brave & The Bold (part 2)

Last edited by MTpaladin; 06-20-2019 at 12:06 PM.

8. Default

"The patrols are not to fight till death. They are to harass from range, assess their capabilities, and disengage to report what they have found. Let us take our time with these kills and enjoy hunting someone worth toying with. Go."

Gritznak then goes back to devouring his portion of the meat in peace for a moment.

9. Default

Brazzak, Gritznak's cousin and second-in-command, spits out the bone he had been gnawing on and draws the nicked and pitted greataxe hanging from his back that he had looted from this woebegotten tomb when they had first invaded. He watches sullenly as Kruon the outrider marches off, barking commands to their packmates. With a growl he turns to Gritznak, Rrrr, cousin, I would be fighting these smoothskins face on and show them how a real warrior fights!

He makes a few test chops with his axe through the air, testing its weight impatiently. I can't wait to taste their flesh!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

10. Default

Gritznak crunches through a large portion of the meat, spitting out the bone as the flesh is cleaned from it, "Do not fret, cousin. If these indeed are capable fighters worth our time, then we will face them head on soon enough."

"Barring one, the rest can adorn our dining table."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast