Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chapter 4: The Brave & The Bold (part 2)

Default Chapter 4: The Brave & The Bold (part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Brazzak kicks the farmer's daughter's cage again as he passes by it. He had been pacing for minutes now, each time aiming a half-hearted kick at the girl, who had, frustratingly, stopped reacting to them. Addressing no-one in particular, Brazzak yells out, Rrrr no more! Brazzak is bored of this. GOBLINS! he shouts up the stairs and through the doorway Come here or I'll tear out yer throats! We're going 'xplorin'!

The gnoll growls at the girl for good measure, grabs the cage of feral rats and chains it to his hip and then stomps off to find the goblins he had summoned.

A rag tag group of 5 Goblins stand before the large and violent gnoll.

“Yes Brazzak. Burk and others are here to do as The Fist of Gritznak demands.” Burk, apparently the one of highest rank among them salutes.

Quote Originally Posted by atlastrembles View Post
    Alright you goblins, yer goin' to try somethin' fer me and my cousin. Y'know that hallway that's all saggy and crumbly? Yer goin' walkin' on it. Anyone who doesn't move fast enough gets fed to these babies he says, pointing to the frantic cage of rats.
    The feral rats hiss and snap at his finger as he points. “You’re mean lil’ bastards aren’t ya, and hungry too I bet.”

The other Goblins winced at the extra incentive. They turned and left for the first level and the hallway with the sagging floor. Once they have reached the floor they waited for further instruction.

“We’ll go on! Get movin’!” Brazzak gives the goblin a kick out over the floor.

“Aaaaaahhh! The goblin yelped as he face planted in the middle of the hallway. The others watched as he slowly got up without incident. A large ugly smile stretched from ear to ear when he realized he was not barries under a pile of rubble. “Yeehaha! He exclaimed with a jump. “Floor not fall in! Puck not dead!” He thumps around and the floor still holds firm.

OOC

Brazzak- What do you do know? Are you going to take Puck’s word?

Also, based on your description I interpreted the chosen room indicated here.

I realize I didn’t have a torture chamber identified on the map. I left a couple unidentified rooms for that purpose and have some room to play around with. And a torture chamber only sounded fitting.

If you want to try something specific with the rats you can roll some crafts if you like but I’ll also rule that if you just toss it at an opponent it will burst open and they will swarm out (rat swarm grenade lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-13-2019 at 12:09 PM.

The two gnolls build up their confidence and check their weapons and army one too many times before a grunt and a cough comes from Mrahz. They enter the chamber shoulder to shoulder scanning the darkened chamber that seemed to swallow any light from the hallway. The two can barely make out bizarre and ancient scripts carved all over the walls. The smell of the dead and rotting goblin in the middle of the room has begun to reach its prime. It has obviously lain here for quite some time and is missing huge chunks of flesh. This room has a pervading sense of evil about it. Moments after they scan the room the glyphs and portions of the script on the walls begin light up. Mrahz steps in after them just inside the entrance eager to get closer and examine the ignited runes.

OOC
    What does Gritznak do?

Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-21-2019 at 08:57 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    Brazzak- What do you do know? Are you going to take Puck’s word?

If you want to try something specific with the rats you can roll some crafts if you like but I’ll also rule that if you just toss it at an opponent it will burst open and they will swarm out (rat swarm grenade lol)
    Brazzak grins evilly at Puck Rrr you stay there for now, runt.Turning to the other goblins he grabs the nearest one by the scruff of their neck and tosses him towards Puck You weaklings can't even do this right. Let's see if two of you are heavy 'nuff.

OOC - Lol, awesome about the rat swarm grenade, that'll do just fine. The rougher the better, Brazzak's no engineer. The room you indicated is exactly where I was thinking about, so that works great, thanks, I just wanted to understand where it was.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

The goblin squirms in Brazzaks grasp as he picks him up and throws him out the the other. “Aaah-oof!” The two of them collided. A short crumbling sound could be heard as the stones shifted under the added weight. The two of them immediately stoped and held each other still so not to make any additional movements that could cause the close to collapse. “Phew.” The two of them expressed in unison. After a moment they carefully scrambled to their feet. Despite the additional Goblin, their two small sized bodies were not enough to cause the floor to collapse.

OOC
    The floor appears to remain intact for now. But who knows how much more weight it could withstand before collapsing.

Just so you have an idea each Goblin only weighs about 80 lbs (about 50lbs with about 30 lbs of armor and gear).

5. Default

Gritznak accompanies Mrazh to bolster her confidence and calls out to the gnolls, "Be ready. It is reacting to us."

"What do you make of these runes?", he asks, in his usual commanding tone, to Mrazh.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MTpaladin View Post
    The goblin squirms...After a moment they carefully scrambled to their feet. Despite the additional Goblin, their two small sized bodies were not enough to cause the floor to collapse.

OOC
    The floor appears to remain intact for now. But who knows how much more weight it could withstand before collapsing.
    Brazzak grunts in frustration, but then an idea strikes him. He grins ferally and then gives the goblins the following orders:

If we attacked, you lure the pinkskins onto this hallway. When they come, attack and run, make them chase you. Some of you be on other side of collapsing passage - you cross over one by one, not fall in. When gob lure heroes spitting the word you attack from above while stupid humans and elves or dwarvses break legs and get up down there, yes?

He cuffs the nearest one, And I don't care if one of you falls in too. If you don't do this, Brazzak will feed you to rats, huh? Tell Brazzak you's gobbos understand!
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 09-28-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

The other nearby Goblins flinch as the unlucky one gets smacked. All of the Goblins quickly nod their heads in understanding.

OOC

Good work. You want to check out that spider or do something else? Perhaps check out what your cousin is doing?

Last edited by MTpaladin; 09-30-2019 at 08:35 PM.

8. Default

Brazzak nods fiercely at the goblins, trusting that his violent nature had instilled the proper discipline in the green-skinned lackeys.

Leaving them for the moment, Brazzak goes in search of any remaining goblins to torment. He had been thinking about that large spider they had found...

OOC - Yea, let's check out the spider. Do we have any other assets? Did you mention some wolves before?
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

The sigils and strange strange inscriptions surrounding the room continue to ignite and fill the chamber with an eerie glow. Mrahz turned to watch and attempt to read the foreign symbols. “It may be some form of Ars Goetia. A lesser seal of evocation to summon, commune or control ghosts or spirits of the dead for the purpose of a divination called necromancy.”

“Necro what?” One of the warriors questioned. “Its summoning a ghost?”

“Ghosts don’t just tear a goblin into pieces.” The other gnoll warrior felt doubtful of Mrahz‘s explanation.

“An evocation of this kind cannot be stooped once it’s been initiated. I may be able to protect us from the entity or attempt to trap it. However that would be much more difficult than to defend against it given we don’t know where it will appear. What shall you have me do Bold One?” Mrahz offers her wisdom.

OOC
    Mrahz has offered a chance to defend against the entity or attempt to trap it. However to trap it would be more difficult.

It is unknown how much longer the evocation will take but you can see that approximately 2/3 of the symbols have ignited with arcane energy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123