Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Chapter 1: The First through the Pass

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Chapter 1: The First through the Pass

    *KNOCK KNOCK*

    Your party jerks awake as the door creaks open and lamplight floods inside the room. Although it seems to be taking him some effort, the figure in the doorway manages to say "4am. Requested 4am wake-up. 4am..." while shuffling into the room. Most of your are standing beside your beds by the time the inn's night manager sets the lantern on the table and turns to exit.

    Once you've gathered your equipment, you find the side exit of the inn, leading to the stables. The sky is still dark, but it is easy enough to see by the faint blue incandescence of the Crystalline Guard's towers dispersed throughout the city.A burly figure seems to be about finished securing a small wagon to two horses.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    6,415
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Tycho had done his utmost best to get blindingly drunk the previous evening and had succeeded admirably. Despite the alcohol fueled haze he had not started any fights, which was always a real possibility given his temper shortening with every drink. He had stumbled unsteadily back to their shared room and collapsed on his bed where he fell asleep immediately. Thus he was awoken, laying face down only half in bed looking as disheveled as a drowned cat. He didn't jump up like the rest did but instead sat up nursing his head, gathering his wits so much as that was at all possible. With much sighing and very much against his better judgement he undressed and freshened up a little; most notably cleaning his teeth to get rid of the graveyard stench but nevertheless not neglecting to comb his hair and checking his appearance in a little mirror. Then he packed up his casual outfit and strapped on his armor as if it was the one thing in the world he hated most.

    By the time he arrived at the wagon he had been sufficiently resuscitated to once again be passably pleasant though still silent. He stifled a yawn as he leaned heavily on his long spear and adjusted the straps of his pack.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  3. #3

    Default

    Karlis rolls out of bed, falling about a foot and a half before catching himself like a cat on all fours, groaning, he quickly covers up his face before he sets about preparing for the day, collecting his pack and inspecting his chain for any corrosion, using a thin oil to keep the links lubricated and protected from any sand, rain or any other kind of grit.

    stifling a yawn as he arrives at the wagon, walking shoulder with tychus "so? how was the drinking?" he asks bored and still blurry eyed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,637
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    After the second knock Aldona is immediately awake and twitching toward her mace, a testament to the suddenness of her awakening. Shortly after she realizes where she is and rolls out of bed to pack up what few belongings she had taken out the night before. It took her just a few moments to complete that, and a few more to put on her scale mail and lightly armored helmet. Slinging her bow and shield on her back she stored her mace in a loop on her belt and left the room, her bed tided up with the sheet neatly tucked in.

    The fighter exits the building and approaches the man with the wagon, rapping on the side with her gauntlet to grab his attention.
    "Hello. Is there anywhere specific you want us, or will you leave the placements of guards up to our decisions?"


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Riggett jolts up in bed and nearly falls on the floor. The gear he placed on his bed had been only modestly disturbed in the night by the ratfolk's scratching toes. He doesn't say anything, but dons his cold-weather clothing as hastily as he can before donning his leather armor over it, sure to pull the straps tight. As the others get ready, Riggett climbs atop the bed and stares out the window at the early morning sky, and whispers his prayers to Furor. Once finished, he slides his forearm through the straps of his buckler and grips its handle before sliding his longsword into its scabbard, hanging from his belt.

    He walks in uniform silence with the others to the wagon as they exit the inn, but blinks rapidly to keep the sleep from returning to his eyes. "Are you coming with us?" he asks of the burly man, as a supplement to Aldona's inquiry. "Or do we just go, uh, that way?" He gestures vaguely ahead.
    Last edited by theScrappy; 06-12-2019 at 02:49 AM.




  6. #6

    Default

    Smokebeak has been up for an hour, mixing reagents, prepping spells and bombs for the next day. "Ah yes. Finally. I take it this is for us?"





  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bariloche, Argentina
    Posts
    1,734
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The hobgoblin sits in bed, takes a deep breath and begins dressing, donning his armour and strapping on his equipment in an efficient, military-style manner. He even makes his bed by sheer force of habit. Grabbing his weapons, Lazarz leaves the bedroom as if he was to meet the enemy at the inn's door. He breathes deeply again once he's outside, discreetly relieves himself and joins the others around the wagon.

    He takes a long moment to study the rest of the party: weapons of choice, body language, equipment, choice of words or lack thereof...


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    The fighter exits the building and approaches the man with the wagon, rapping on the side with her gauntlet to grab his attention.
    "Hello. Is there anywhere specific you want us, or will you leave the placements of guards up to our decisions?"
    Quote Originally Posted by theScrappy View Post
    "Are you coming with us?" he asks of the burly man, as a supplement to Aldona's inquiry. "Or do we just go, uh, that way?" He gestures vaguely ahead.
    The figure looks over at Aldona. Those of you who have approached the wagon can see now that he is a half-orc approaching middle-age. After a pause, he replies, "You, miss, will be walking. All that armor in the wagon and we aren't going to make it more than 15 feet into the slush. Aside from that, you'll have to ask Miss Dovesky. I'm Gorhum, your driver." After wiping his hand on his pants, he extends it to Aldona in greeting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Red woke slowly, taking a herculean effort to rouse himself from his slumber and rise to a mostly vertical position. He hated early morning, much better to open your eyes when the sun is gently shining on them. "Coming..." Red mumbled as he prepared his pack. Honestly he didn't have much to do than heft his pack and grab his staff, but really he just wanted to lay down again which he did for just long enough for the last person to shuffle out the door. He sighed, his turn.

    He arrived last to the cart, just in time to hear their driver inform Aldona that she'd be walking. "Great, that means I get to ride." Red stated as he headed toward the cart. He could taste the extra hour of sleep.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,637
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boethius View Post
    "You, miss, will be walking. All that armor in the wagon and we aren't going to make it more than 15 feet into the slush. Aside from that, you'll have to ask Miss Dovesky. I'm Gorhum, your driver." After wiping his hand on his pants, he extends it to Aldona in greeting.
    The fighter firmly grasps Gorhums hand as she gives it a brief shake. "That's fair. Nice to meet you Gorhum. I'm Aldona. I expect Miss Dovesky will be here to answer any questions we have, but before that I'd like to know a few things about the route. Rumors going around about bandits or beasts, recent weather, the state of the track. I wanted to find out before hand but I didn't have much luck finding anything out. I hope you're more informed than I am."
    Aldona gives the half orc a brief nod as she spares a moment to look around for her employer.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •