Page 77 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    DM, is the GG mage staying with the archers or riding in with the Sentinels?
    For the main assault, he plans on staying with the GG, whom he is under the paid service of.

If you offered him some kind of additional coin, he could be persuaded to join the front lines with a good roll (gold offer plus a guidance/help roll) to request him at the front. DC drops based on what you say and how much you offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Alright we can send him at dusk. I won’t bother with the misdirection then. I will have Alyssa cast beast sense in the afternoon to check on the enemy.
    I know that during the night you plan on doing the zombie attack. Then doing a long rest until morning.

Please map out what spells you will be using during the day and where you will be.

1 Are you spending all day ~100' back into the woods? Or are you going deeper into the woods and then returning back?
    2 What side is Bernie attacking from? The catapult was on the south side.
    3 Where are you resting relative to the fort? Last night was 1 mile SE of the fort.
    4 What spells are you casting and when to cover your tracks, beast sense, etc? Please keep track of Alyssa's spells keeping in mind what she used in the morning.
    5 Anything else you want to specify.

3. Default

1. Sure, if they come out, we should be able to spot them easier.
    2. south
    3. WSW 1 mile
    4. PWT so they can track us to our resting spot

level 7 for the originals?

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I know that during the night you plan on doing the zombie attack. Then doing a long rest until morning.

Please map out what spells you will be using during the day and where you will be.

1 Are you spending all day ~100' back into the woods? Or are you going deeper into the woods and then returning back?
    2 What side is Bernie attacking from? The catapult was on the south side.
    3 Where are you resting relative to the fort? Last night was 1 mile SE of the fort.
    4 What spells are you casting and when to cover your tracks, beast sense, etc? Please keep track of Alyssa's spells keeping in mind what she used in the morning.
    5 Anything else you want to specify.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    1. Sure, if they come out, we should be able to spot them easier.
    2. south
    3. WSW 1 mile
    4. PWT so they can track us to our resting spot

level 7 for the originals?
    Let's get through the night. Assuming nothing weird happens, the originals can take level 7 in the morning (Monday real time if nothing goes weird on rolls).

The original 4 can level up.

What I originally planned on doing was just adding in some extra experience to account for the extra difficulty of the mobs to the overall task of taking the fort. What I'm awarding right this moment is a flat 1000 EXP that is a combination of raw EXP for the monsters and then a bonus for the extra challenge since they aren't MM and overpowered relative to their threat level/CR.

6. Default Kalthanar Level 7

Kalthanar takes a level of rogue to make him Fighter 5 / Rogue 2.

I am swapping the cantrip Minor Illusion for Dancing Lights.

I've updated my sheet.
    spells prepared 4-3
    Shield of Faith; compelled duel; searing smite; detect magic
    lesser restoration; zone of truth; aid
    Last edited by xcylla; 07-22-2019 at 05:25 PM.

8. Default

Brandon gains 6 HP up from 38 to 44. He gains a third level 3 spell slot and 1 level 4 spell slot. He is swapping Web for _____________ and learning ________________.

I'm not sure what to do here. There are a few 4th level spells I am considering: Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility, Ice Storm, Polymorph, and Wall of Fire.

Dimension Door: Blink up to 500 feet; bring someone else with you. I could see this being very useful, especially in the upcoming fight. See witch, teleport Hrothgar right next to her. Win fight.
    Greater Invisibility: Invisible for 1 minute. Likely not the best choice for the upcoming fight but it could be quite useful going forward.
    Ice Storm: Long range (300 feet) damage spell which could reach the fort wall from the edge of the forest treeline. Also creates difficult terrain in a 40 foot diameter circle.
    Polymorph: Turn a creature into something else. See witch, turn her into an ant. Smash ant. Of course, she will get a Wisdom save which she will probably succeed at...
    Wall of Fire: Create a huge wall of fire to melt the fort. Try creating water to put that out bitch... I mean, witch.

As for which spell to swap for, shield doesn't seem to bad considering the last fight, but a second level 4 spell would give him more flexibility at the top of his power range.
    Last edited by Hideous; 07-22-2019 at 06:30 PM.

9. Default

First off I want to reiterate it is your character so these are just my suggestions.

You can swap out Knock instead of Web for Shield as Kalthanar can already pick locks. You will almost never use Knock. I think it's a wasted slot.

I am partial to Dimension Door or possibly Fly. It would be nice to have some utility as you have a lot of combat options already. Dimension Door has ridiculous range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Brandon gains 6 HP up from 38 to 44. He gains a third level 3 spell slot and 1 level 4 spell slot. He is swapping Web for _____________ and learning ________________.

I'm not sure what to do here. There are a few 4th level spells I am considering: Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility, Ice Storm, Polymorph, and Wall of Fire.

Dimension Door: Blink up to 500 feet; bring someone else with you. I could see this being very useful, especially in the upcoming fight. See witch, teleport Hrothgar right next to her. Win fight.
    Greater Invisibility: Invisible for 1 minute. Likely not the best choice for the upcoming fight but it could be quite useful going forward.
    Ice Storm: Long range (300 feet) damage spell which could reach the fort wall from the edge of the forest treeline. Also creates difficult terrain in a 40 foot diameter circle.
    Polymorph: Turn a creature into something else. See witch, turn her into an ant. Smash ant. Of course, she will get a Wisdom save which she will probably succeed at...
    Wall of Fire: Create a huge wall of fire to melt the fort. Try creating water to put that out bitch... I mean, witch.

As for which spell to swap for, shield doesn't seem to bad considering the last fight, but a second level 4 spell would give him more flexibility at the top of his power range.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    First off I want to reiterate it is your character so these are just my suggestions.

You can swap out Knock instead of Web for Shield as Kalthanar can already pick locks. You will almost never use Knock. I think it's a wasted slot.

I am partial to Dimension Door or possibly Fly. It would be nice to have some utility as you have a lot of combat options already. Dimension Door has ridiculous range.
    Thanks for the advice. I swapped Shield for Knock and took Dimension Door. Hrothgar needs to stay within 5 feet of Brandon now.