Page 67 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

water on a oil fire does not extinguish the flames. depending on the heat of the oil fire it creates a fireball effect or spreads the fire making it a hot fire with lots of smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    The way I read it, the catapult killed 10 men? is that right?
    No. 2. The RAW are vague on how much damage a catapult blast would do to a group of people. I thought 2 was fair. 2 others died that round from arrows. A total of 4 GG died in one round. 4 more died to the bugbear sneak attack, and 1-2 more died from stray arrows earlier. Several others are injured, but not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    That would require a perception roll in combat, which would take an action and if only one person makes it, then only one person could target him..."Shoot the guy in the GG uniform, that one... <points at group>," just doesn't work
    Again, maybe this isn't RAW, but I was probably going to have a disguise roll and then use passive perception the opposing roll. If passive is high enough, they wouldn't need to roll. Of course, if he casts then the disguise isn't going to do much.

Alchy fire - Vort = 2, Kal took the other 2, Hrothgar Brought 2. = 6 total in group atm.

Hrothgar will aid in stabilizing any of the injured GGs, Praising them for their heroics in the charge and the unfortunate revelation of the catapult. He will seek to persuade Galmund and his men to stay.... using the line that "If they stay, while more may die, the chances of ridding the world of the Vermin remain possible.... if they leave, it will all have been for nothing... and how can he let his men die for nothing?"

He also pledges to Galmund that if they stay and success is achieved, then Hrothgar will give up his personal 'share' of any gold to Galmund to give to the families of those who died - to honor their sacrifice.

(At this point I would take any and all help in form of guidance, bless, spare inspiration, "help" and/or a lowered DC on the persuasion roll - cos lets face it my stat sucks - but its what Hrothgar feels would help to ensure they don't leave - and if the persuasion roll fails, he would probably then try some frustrated Intimidation tactic).
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd26owmsgh...d%205.BMP?dl=0

Map of last round. Sorry for the delay.

I don't see an action yet for Vort or Hrothgar. Not sure if you want to do anything or not.
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-17-2019 at 05:07 AM.

6. Default

I agree but the DM needs to interpret it mechanically this way.

I had the crazy notion of turning Bernie into a suicide bomber. He could run the flasks straight into the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla;[URL="[URL
    tel:1267822[/URL]"]1267822[/URL]]water on a oil fire does not extinguish the flames. depending on the heat of the oil fire it creates a fireball effect or spreads the fire making it a hot fire with lots of smoke.
    Last edited by Spellblade; 07-17-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd26owmsgh...d%205.BMP?dl=0

Map of last round. Sorry for the delay.

I don't see an action yet for Vort or Hrothgar. Not sure if you want to do anything or not.
    Hrothgar was going to do the heroic grab of Brandon, but that seems moot.... so he is just continuing to follow the GGs into the Forest until people begin rounding up to evaluate the chaos... whereby he will do that which I stated in ooc just before.

I have to go out... back in a bit.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

8. Default

Where is the last fleeing orc?

Default Chapter 9: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Where is the last fleeing orc?
    The upper right corner of 1715. Again these hexes are 25í given the size of the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-17-2019 at 06:29 AM.

10. Default

Let her eat up her spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Kalthanar has them but the witch can put out the fires with create water.