Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

Default Chapter 9: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    how far away is Rian from the 3 bugbears?
    the closest gate?
    I had moved him an extra time by accident. If he charges the bugbears and takes the closest route, he would finish his move 90' from the tower.

About 220 to the eastern gate.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-10-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Sigh assuming hrothgar charges in absolute disbelief btw..... at what distance is the nearest standing ogre or orc at the end of the charge. Sorry i cant see map on tablet. Im trying to work out if i would have the range to throw a handaxe which has range of 20/80.
    You have to get through the difficult terrain, so you won't move much out into the open this turn. You will finish your turn about ~200 feet from the closest ogre if you charged.

Default Chapter 9: OOC

I am traveling today for work.

I can post a turn tonight when I get to my hotel. I probably wont be able to look at the map again until then, but I should be able to answer general questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just have him charge behind then, ill have to take the chance that the archers will consider the large group the greater threat.
    Corn cant expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    The western (orc) tower is about 230' away given the diagonal. You believe there are 4 orcs in it. The eastern tower is about the same actually. You believe there were 4 bugbears in it, but now there are 3. It's hard to see what is happening with the barrier. The wall in front of you is ~170 feet away. There are combatants behind it, but you doubt you'll get 4.
    Im going for the orc tower. We need to cull the herd, not piss off the BBEG. So 230 to the wall means Brandon has to move 80 feet towards it to get within 150 feet, cast fireball, then move the remaining 40 feet back away leaving him 190 feet from the wall and 110 feet from the tree line. He might have stuck around 1 more round to lob his second fireball but hes already taken 4 hits and has 13/38 hit points and no luck dice left. Which reminds me:

Authentic Forum Dice-rollCon Save vs. Poison DC 14 - (d20+5) (4) [9]

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I’m going for the orc tower. We need to cull the herd, not piss off the BBEG. So 230 to the wall means Brandon has to move 80 feet towards it to get within 150 feet, cast fireball, then move the remaining 40 feet back away leaving him 190 feet from the wall and 110 feet from the tree line. He might have stuck around 1 more round to lob his second fireball but he’s already taken 4 hits and has 13/38 hit points and no luck dice left. Which reminds me:

[roll0]
    Might I suggest a dwarf as your next character?

Dwarven ResilienceYou have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage (explained in the “Combat” section).

7. Default

2 dwarves in the same group would be too much macho to handle!

Dwarven ResilienceYou have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage (explained in the “Combat” section).

8. Default

No fucking shit. When I saw my last roll, I contemplated doing a statistical analysis to show how anomalous my poison saves have been, but I'm just too tired. Suffice it to say that this has been nothing short of incredible. Thankfully, the poison is rather minor for my purposes.

9. Default Chapter 9: OOC

This initial attack was to draw them out. Failing that, we should have pulled back and then coordinate a charge. This what happens when we do not have a defined leader of an attack and everyone is doing their own thing.

So, it looks like were going to charge the fort, or is Brandon really going to pull back to the rest of the Sentinels?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    This initial attack was to draw them out. Failing that, we should have pulled back and then coordinate a charge. This what happens when we do not have a defined leader of an attack and everyone is doing their own thing.

So, it looks like we’re going to charge the fort, or is Brandon really going to pull back to the rest of the Sentinels?
    Brandon needs to be healed. After taking four arrows, he's sitting at 13/38 HP. He can do it himself, but he isn't going to sit in the open while he does. I'm hoping his fireball not only wounded/killed the orcs but also set the wooden tower structure on fire. That should draw some attention away from the rest of us and the Golden Gauntlet and buy us some time to recover. Brandon is almost out of juice after casting multiple invisibility spells and then several magic missiles during the first fight with the bugbear trackers. He has one fireball left and then just enough juice to heal himself.
    Last edited by Hideous; 07-10-2019 at 11:03 PM.