Page 53 of 155 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

1. Default

How far away were the ogres last round?

"The ogres, that had previously advanced make it most of the way back to the wall with their baskets on their backs."

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    How far away were the ogres last round?

"The ogres, that had previously advanced make it most of the way back to the wall with their baskets on their backs."
    10'.

There is 300' between the wall and trees. The ogres were 290' from Brandon. Brandon and the GG moved 120'. That cuts the distance to 170' between the ogres and Brandon/GG. One ogre moved 60. That puts the distance at 110'. Then the orcs fired.

The other ogre only moved 30'. He is 140' from the group. I had those orcs shoot before advancing.

All combatants have long bows. I opted to keep the damage at short bow damage given the poison on the arrows.
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.

The map is uploaded. It's not to scale. I opted for a large scale view this time. Let me know if you have questions. I have a more thorough one with exact positioning but it's not going to look good when zoomed out.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    10'.

There is 300' between the wall and trees. The ogres were 290' from Brandon. Brandon and the GG moved 120'. That cuts the distance to 170' between the ogres and Brandon/GG. One ogre moved 60. That puts the distance at 110'. Then the orcs fired.

The other ogre only moved 30'. He is 140' from the group. I had those orcs shoot before advancing.

All combatants have long bows. I opted to keep the damage at short bow damage given the poison on the arrows.
    So Brandon is 180 feet from the wall meaning he can move 30 feet forward, cast fireball, then retreat 90 feet back putting himself at 240 feet from the wall and 60 feet from the treeline, right?

5. Default

And how many enemies can Brandon get maximum with a single fireball?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    And how many enemies can Brandon get maximum with a single fireball?
    You don't know for sure if some are hiding behind something, but 4 for sure in the orc (SW) tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    So Brandon is 180 feet from the wall meaning he can move 30 feet forward, cast fireball, then retreat 90 feet back putting himself at 240 feet from the wall and 60 feet from the treeline, right?
    Not quite. If he aims it straight north, yes. If he aims it to the west or east to target a tower, he would have to move further. West is closer for him.

He can absolutely hit the tower, and then start retreating, but he'll need to move more than 30' forward to hit the west tower.
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-09-2019 at 10:00 PM.

how far away is Rian from the 3 bugbears?
    the closest gate?

Sigh assuming hrothgar charges in absolute disbelief btw..... at what distance is the nearest standing ogre or orc at the end of the charge. Sorry i cant see map on tablet. Im trying to work out if i would have the range to throw a handaxe which has range of 20/80.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    The western (orc) tower is about 230' away given the diagonal. You believe there are 4 orcs in it. The eastern tower is about the same actually. You believe there were 4 bugbears in it, but now there are 3. It's hard to see what is happening with the barrier. The wall in front of you is ~170 feet away. There are combatants behind it, but you doubt you'll get 4.