Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

1. Default

To be honest I was still surprised I was detected with a 14. I should have left my other weapons behind to get the +2 from the dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    From where you're at now, you can't see anything in the forest. Where Kal was at earlier, he couldn't see much since he never got that close with the tree cover. The wall itself around it is not overly tall around 6-8 feet tall- it's not meant for full scale assault at this point. The towers at the corners sit up about 10 feet off the ground. The highest point of the whole complex is about 20' off the ground - the tower tops.

If you went back to the road and advanced maybe 50-100 yards, you could see the west side of it. There is always a small chance of being spotted by doing this though.

If you decide to retreat, I need to know how far you're going to go, and what direction.

If you chose to attack, I obviously need to know how you're splitting things with the Golden Gauntlet.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and I'm not trying to blame Wes, but Alyssa would have access to pass without trace. She could have cast it on him. His stealth is normally really solid, but sometimes the dice roller isn't kind, and... obviously this is one of those times. It's just something to consider moving forward. She can't cast it on him now without him becoming visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    To be honest I was still surprised I was detected with a 14. I should have left my other weapons behind to get the +2 from the dagger.
    Their passive perception is high. As the pictures indicate, I'm not using MM monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    DM, is it possible to see any part of the fort, like a tower or something--no higher than 60' off the ground?
    I should add that if you wanted to spend the time, you could try to climb a high tree or something to get a view of things. Also, there are rolling hills. The southeast side is the highest area in general here.

4. Default

What Vort needs is a sighting of the fort... then he could use Clairvoyance. If climbing a tree and or going SE can get him that, he'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I should add that if you wanted to spend the time, you could try to climb a high tree or something to get a view of things. Also, there are rolling hills. The southeast side is the highest area in general here.
    Last edited by Luopo; 05-26-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    What Vort needs is a sighting of the fort... then he could use Clairvoyance. If climbing a tree and or going SE can get him that, he'll do that.
    You could get a visual going to the SE and climbing a tall tree. If you take your time, it's a DC 12 to climb it to get a good view. You'd be up probably 40-50 feet. Others can "help" you by climbing beside you with a rope, but it wouldn't be quick - probably 15 minutes to scale it and come back down (safely).

Pass without trace doesn't leave tracks. Going through a forest though, your rate of movement is going to be around 3 miles in an hour - basic walking pace given the difficult terrain. You will need light in an hour given the horses and human presence. Let's do the tree climbing first though.

Hrothgar will help him with the climbing if need be.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

7. Default

Vort climbs a tree with some help, "Ach, is that your hand Hrothgar? Cause that ain't no banana! Reorx help me!"

Authentic Forum Dice-rollathletics - (2d20b1+1+1d4) (2, 10) (3) [14]

lmao

Im tempted to respond.....

That ain't my hand and Reorx won't save you now.

Pausing at the top of the tree briefly in case you think of anything else to do other than get a visual.

You can descend and either move or cast. Around 30 minutes have passed.

Page 4 of 155 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast