Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

1. Default

So orcs and bugbears?

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    For Favored Enemy -

You usually have to pick two specific "humanoids" .... you cant just group in them all.... Or so ive seen in the past when fiddling with DND beyond. This also means you can take it again, with two different humanoids further down the track. It also usually lets you pick a language as well.

I would confirm this by actually looking it up again... but DND Beyond seems to be having Server issues today.

aye that would make sense for this little encounter....
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    So orcs and bugbears?
    Orcs and Goblinoids - weird I know... but Goblinoids covers Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbear. (finally got DND beyond to work)

4. Default

That's what I was going for anyway so it seems less like I was choosing enemies specific to this encounter. I gave her the goblin language.

Orcs and Goblinoids - weird I know... but Goblinoids covers Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbear. (finally got DND beyond to work)

After that stealth roll I almost typed....

"Should have asked for elephants".....

But I resisted!

6. Default

For Favored Enemy -

You usually have to pick two specific "humanoids" .... you cant just group in them all.... Or so ive seen in the past when fiddling with DND beyond. This also means you can take it again, with two different humanoids further down the track. It also usually lets you pick a language as well.

I would confirm this by actually looking it up again... but DND Beyond seems to be having Server issues today.
    To be clear, they revamped the ranger in Unearthed Arcana and one of the big changes was you can now take Humanoid as your favored enemy and it applies to all subraces. They changed a lot of other things too.

https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/d...isedRanger.pdf

oooh nice.... ranger was pretty gimped in 5th ed.... lol I used to like them in 3.5/pathfinder.... but when I saw how rubbished they got in 5th .... I stopped bothering with them.

I'll have a look and see if I can trigger the UA variant into dnd beyond.... I know other UA stuff shows...

strange... you would think it would allow an option to trigger the UA side.... anyway ive downloaded a copy of that UA ranger ... ill browse it later....

I must say im liking the look of that UA-Artificer... anyone tried that yet?

9. Default

How many ogres and bugbears did Kalthanar see?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    How many ogres and bugbears did Kalthanar see?
    You're struggling to get details beyond the ogres given the distance and cover. 4 ogres for sure. You see at least 5 bugbears.

Let me know your plan. I haven't moved the bugbears yet. There are 4 of them coming, but they are 60' away.
    Last edited by zebsen; 05-25-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast