Page 33 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

1. Default

Where are the gates to the fort?

Default Chapter 9: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    How many humanoids were gathering in the central portion of the fort excluding the walls?Ē
    I will get a count later. The map is loaded previously in the chapter. The road runs east to west. There is an opening for the road in the walls on the east/west. No actual gates but this isnít exactly highly skilled labor. North and south is a complete wall with no openings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 06-25-2019 at 09:36 PM.

3. Default

I am having a difficult time finding the map. Are there barricades at the openings?

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1265228"
    1265228[/URL]]I will get a count later. The map is loaded previously in the chapter. The road runs east to west. There is an opening for the road in the walls on the east/west. No actual gates but this isn’t exactly highly skilled labor. North and south is a complete wall with no openings.

Default Chapter 9: OOC

I canít link it on my phone for some reason. I will link it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

5. Default

And the barricades?

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    I can’t link it on my phone for some reason. I will link it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

An older map of the general area:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3fttwwg7efsrkq/Fort%203%20mile%20radius.BMP?dl=0

A closer, crude view of the fort. You are off the map to the south in this second map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7nzu2ct9u...recon.BMP?dl=0

From the planning thread cut and paste. The bolded is the wall/barrier.

After a few seconds he says, "Three of us took the very generous offer to scout the fort. Regan, myself, and a third scout named Terious. The fort itself is probably 300 feet square and has a log wall around it, which is generally about 6-8 feet tall. The construction is not stellar, being little more than fallen trees. It is crude, but effective. To make the fort, the surrounding woods have been fairly leveled. To the north is the closest wooded area, which is around 200 foot of open space to the wall. Most other directions, it's around 300 feet of open space to the wall."

He continues, "At the 4 corners of the fort, there are lookout towers built, which are of much better construction than the wall. Orcs and bugbears, who are generally not friendly to each other, seem to have set aside their differences to unite under one banner, a spiked, flaming fist. The 4 towers generally have at least 2 occupants, typically orcs in them. During the day, at least 8 ogres do most of the grunt work clearing the woods. They generally build large bonfires at night to light up the area pretty good. The inside of the fort is pretty well lit, while the outside is less so."

He pauses and says, "There are at least 4 major structures inside the fort. One looks to be an ogre base given it's size and what we can see over the wall. It is more on the northern side. One building is in the center and appears to be a temple of some sort. The other two are harder to see but are towards the southwest and southeast. There are other smaller structures inside, but we can't see much over the wall."

He says, "There is a large wooden door that is open through the day but mostly closed at night on both the east and west sides of the wall. We opted to try to gain some insight inside the fort, and Terious opted to enter the fort before the gates closed one evening under Regan's invisibility spell." He pauses and adds, "Shortly after he would have entered the fort, Regan said that her spell had ended because Terious had been killed. We retreated quickly as horns started blaring and patrols were sent out."

He finishes, "Terious was a good scout and invisible. I don't know what happened to him, but... I speculate either someone there has the ability to see something invisible or there was some trap that caught him. Either way, our best guess right now is probably 8 or so ogres, maybe 15-20 orcs, and a dozen bugbears."

---
    Kalthanar sees:
    2 ogres at each door with a large pile of boulders behind the tree wall.
    2 ogres to the south with 2 orcs inside each basket on the back.
    4 orc archers in the southwest tower
    4 bugbear archers in the se tower
    1 orc each in the north two towers
    Another two bugbears in the inner courtyard
    The leader bugbeear in the courtyard

Based on this count, there are some orcs, ogres, and bugbears not visible, but they could be inside the buildings.
    Last edited by zebsen; 06-26-2019 at 01:24 AM.

7. Default

Thank you for this information. In the future I think for these big fights you should put the maps in the map section - stuff like the dark elf outpost and this fort. Basically items we need to refer back to often.

8. Default

The other GG mage has the spell invisibility right?

9. Default

HOw long till nightfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Thank you for this information. In the future I think for these big fights you should put the maps in the map section - stuff like the dark elf outpost and this fort. Basically items we need to refer back to often.
    Yes, I should have put it in the maps area. The one with the cave was just to give you a basic idea of directions. I don't expect that the fort one would be highly viable after you cleared it. The map isn't overly detailed either. The description is probably more viable.