Page 24 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Good point about the size. Technically if these orcs aren't large size that damage is a bit game breaking.

What is the CR rating of these guys? I hope it's high for the xp award as these are way past standard orcs.
    The CR is understated slightly, I think. The bruisers and captain were a 3. The bruisers are probably more of a 4 in my eyes. The captain didn't have many HP, but could add damage to other units via a battle cry. The warriors are 1/2... which is the same as a standard orc, but their extra HP, and ability to survive one death blow make them a 1 in my eyes.

I generally like the flavor, but think that somethings like the CR need tweaked.

When the bugbears didn't spot you, the 7 orcs were never going to pose a real threat to you. They aren't that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    They would be corpses, so zombies

I intend, if I survive, to make some orc, bugbear, or a combination of either, zombies
    That's a bold move given Chemosh's mark on you .

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Ok back when I created Hrothgar and did the whole setup with you about getting the MC Glaive I ASKED was it +1 hit and +1 dam.. and you said YES.

I really wish you guys would stop changing shit all the time. - Especially when you have people with Magical stuff, and i'm stuck with MC .... like whats the GD difference at this point?

I have now Changed it to the +1 to Hit only. (since ive only been doing it since day one as both.... im surprised it took you so long to suddenly decide to "Correct" it.)

So lets see... gimped MC.... gimped action surge... and Magical Items on extortionate prices.... anything else you would like to gimp me by.... perhaps halving my Rage time while you're at it???
    My apologizes. I don't always capture things in the house rules, but I am trying. A lot of things early on were just in the OOC section. I never should have told you it was +1 to both hit and damage. If I did, again, I'm sorry.

I know it might not seem like it with the amount of information that I'm missing lately/regularly, but when this game is in high gear, it can take hours of my time per day. I'm sure this isn't unusual for a DM, but as you can see from the dice threads, I have plenty of other dice to roll that don't involve checking everyone to make sure they are rolling things correctly. If you had been adding +1 to the damage for a while, consider the past damage to be a free gift.
    Last edited by zebsen; 06-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Did I use my Bardic Inspiration? I did not realize my initial 16 hit.
    You didn't need to use it to hit the warrior. His AC was 13. The bruisers were arguably the largest threat here, which added their constitution modifier to it's AC to get to 17.

You can move both before and after an attack. I think Rian could close and attack the last orc on his last turn.
    Yes, you can. Part of PbP complexity is that you have very imperfect information - did you kill your foe? which ones are still up? I try to give partial turns and answer questions as much as possible. It helps when people put contingencies in their turns for (if I kill my foe, I use my movement to engage the next closest). I realize it's not always practical and try to be flexible.

When I designed the scouting parties, I didn't know for sure that the bugbears would see you or not. Had they and the orcs converged on you simultaneously, the encounter would have been very challenging. They didn't see you (mostly due to PWT and rules on group stealth). It would have been far easier battle wise had they seen you, but I'm not going to cheat dice to get some pre-desired outcome that makes things easier on me.

I realize that Hrothgar is trying to make this easier, and I do appreciate that. As a DM, I want to give you a full experience though and not just play a NPC dumb because it's easier.

Regardless, if Hrothgar wants to use his movement to close on the remaining orc, that's fine.

I'm updating the turn to include the 10 damage to the last orc and moving Hrothgar.

For longer time players, if there is any house rules that you know that I'm using that aren't listed in the house rules tab, please remind me of them so I can document them better and try to not inadvertently surprise anyone moving forward.

7. Default

I meant Rian. If you read Rian's turn he killed his opponent with his first strike leaving him with a potential second smite against the remaining orc.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Yes, you can. Part of PbP complexity is that you have very imperfect information - did you kill your foe? which ones are still up? I try to give partial turns and answer questions as much as possible. It helps when people put contingencies in their turns for (if I kill my foe, I use my movement to engage the next closest). I realize it's not always practical and try to be flexible.

When I designed the scouting parties, I didn't know for sure that the bugbears would see you or not. Had they and the orcs converged on you simultaneously, the encounter would have been very challenging. They didn't see you (mostly due to PWT and rules on group stealth). It would have been far easier battle wise had they seen you, but I'm not going to cheat dice to get some pre-desired outcome that makes things easier on me.

I realize that Hrothgar is trying to make this easier, and I do appreciate that. As a DM, I want to give you a full experience though and not just play a NPC dumb because it's easier.

Regardless, if Hrothgar wants to use his movement to close on the remaining orc, that's fine.

I meant Rian. If you read Rian's turn he killed his opponent with his first strike leaving him with a potential second smite against the remaining orc.
    No, he needed the second strike to kill it, but didn't need the divine smite damage.

Since Hrothgar uses a polearm, he's already within striking distance of the last orc (10').
    Last edited by zebsen; 06-18-2019 at 04:32 PM.

I have resolved the last few rounds. I need to get Brandon a map. The rest of you won't be able to see anything this round. I have removed the horses and floating dwarves from the map. They take too much time to move.

10. Default

HOw many rounds can Vort heal or drink potions before engaging the bugbears?