Page 23 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1546

Thread: Chapter 9: OOC

  1. Default

    Makes sense. The rest of us gallop south while Hrothgar finishes him off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scymon;[URL="tel:1264215"
    1264215[/URL]]the point im making is you can either RP it out.... or simply say that im X rounds behind everyone else that turns to go help the GGs.... having chased it down and slaughtered it.

  2. Default

    You are adding a ton of extra complexity by including the initial cell in your calculation. Always keep things simple. I would recommend counting 3 hexes past the starting cell as 15 feet similar to Scymon’s map below.

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1264227"
    1264227[/URL]]Sigh. You don't need to jump right to "calling bullshit".

    I use a campaign cartographer 3. I ask it to draw a circle of a certain size. In your case 30' diameter. What I drew is a 30' circle. When I do that, 5' of the center is the center dot that you are standing in. That leaves 25' spread throughout the rest, which means that the last hex isn't full.

    I'm open to other ideas.

    Again, I'm not out to get you. This is 10 damage to the last orc standing that poses no threat to you. If you want me to expand it to remove the center dot and extend all spell radius effects by 5' (enemy and friendly), you can always ask. Maybe that's what I should have done to start with, but it seemed like I was extending spells.

  3. Default

    You can move both before and after an attack. I think Rian could close and attack the last orc on his last turn.

  4. Default

    Yes, I think Hrothgar should finish off the last orc while the rest of us ride south. I'm not sure who the DM thinks I may have not seen when I cast SG, so you might want to give Vort a wide berth.

    DM, let me know how many rounds it'll take to get to the bugbears and GG, I have some prayers of cure wounds to cast.

  5. Default

    HOwever, if the rest of you want Bless, let me know and I can drop the SG and do Bless instead.

  6. Default

    You might have to. The GG were not part of the original spell so you will hurt them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luopo;[URL="tel:1264261"
    1264261[/URL]]HOwever, if the rest of you want Bless, let me know and I can drop the SG and do Bless instead.

  7. Default

    Did I use my Bardic Inspiration? I did not realize my initial 16 hit.

  8. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    You are adding a ton of extra complexity by including the initial cell in your calculation. Always keep things simple. I would recommend counting 3 hexes past the starting cell as 15 feet similar to Scymon’s map below.
    Again, the intent wasn't to overly complicate this. If you look online for area effect and read the DMG p 251, it tells you to target an intersection (not the center of a sphere), which makes it easier. You can't do that on a self centered spell really.

    I couldn't find any examples online that add 5' to the diameter and include the center. I have no problem with that solution if it applies equally for all sides. If that is the preference, I will change it now. There are still enemies at the "diagonals" of the circle that will be half in/half out. My 50/50 rule was more to determine their fate.

  9. Default

    I think everyone understands that any rules apply equally to all parties.

    Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Again, the intent wasn't to overly complicate this. If you look online for area effect and read the DMG p 251, it tells you to target an intersection (not the center of a sphere), which makes it easier. You can't do that on a self centered spell really.

    I couldn't find any examples online that add 5' to the diameter and include the center. I have no problem with that solution if it applies equally for all sides. If that is the preference, I will change it now. There are still enemies at the "diagonals" of the circle that will be half in/half out. My 50/50 rule was more to determine their fate.

  10. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Yes, I think Hrothgar should finish off the last orc while the rest of us ride south. I'm not sure who the DM thinks I may have not seen when I cast SG, so you might want to give Vort a wide berth.

    DM, let me know how many rounds it'll take to get to the bugbears and GG, I have some prayers of cure wounds to cast.
    I originally was going to use mass combat rules here to resolve this. Since some of you are arriving faster than others, I abandoned and am rolling it individually.

    The only one that Vort knows he couldn't protect is Brandon, which is the furthest from Vort right now. Most others have been inside the effects and know they are immune. Kal and Alyssa wouldn't know they are safe.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •